[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Carbonara
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: Penne-Carbonara.jpg (2 MB, 2507x1573) Image search: [Google]
Penne-Carbonara.jpg
2 MB, 2507x1573
Hey guys, I have a question. I am currently making Penne Carbonara, one of my mothers recipes, except I dont include egg. Anyway, she told me the word meant "dead things" (since she include bacon or ham, and mushrooms). But I cant find anything online that supports that, there seem to be many ideas but no definite answer to the meaning of the word. Anyway, anyone else ever heard this? Since Primavera is generally spring vegetables, and carbonara is generally made with slaughtered pigs in a a way and fungus (if you include the mushrooms) I always thought "Carbonara" meant "dead thing fall dish" and "Primavera" meant "live thing spring dish". Anyone else every been told this? Thanks guys. Want my recipe?
>>
it's not carbonara without eggs

carbonara refers to how ots usually served with lots of black pepper, which looks like black carbon
>>
>>7716840
Your mother is retarded.
>>
>>7716840
Didn't come about until the second world war. Was invented from Americans bringing eggs and bacon over to feed those who fought.
>>
File: low mental capacity.jpg (26 KB, 378x440) Image search: [Google]
low mental capacity.jpg
26 KB, 378x440
>>7716840
>carbonara
>dead thing fall dish

Italian is one efficient mother fucking language!

OP, you're stupid and so is your mom.
>>
Oh ok, and I get it needs eggs to be Carbonara, I just call it that, cuz I make it without eggs.
>>7716847
I cant exactly remember what she said, I just vaguely remember her telling me it was a fall dish, and I know Primavera means Spring. I thought there was a correlation between the names, like the were opposite. My searches turned up Carbonara means coal bec. it was popular among coal miners.

Anyways thanks guys, I wasnt looking for a definition of the term, just if anyone else ever thought the same thing. I know shit about cooking. I can cook, I just dont know what shit means.
>>
Italianfag here. First of all, it's not carbonara if you add/remove ingredients, second it's not made with hsm but with either pancetta (smoked pork belly skin) or guanciale plus eggs. Mushrooms? Seriously? Let me add that the dish is as old at at as carbonai were, meaning 1820. Carbonai are guys that make coal (carbone) from wood and carbonara it's full of black pepper. This dish became famous because of other carbonai, those member of the carboneria, a french-italian secret society. They were involved in fighting against oppressive rulers
>>
>>7716900
No dude, didn't you read this guys post >>7716860 ?
Clearly the Americans had a huge part in the creation of carbonara, just like they had a hand in the creation of most things in this world.
>>
File: 6762 - Raw ryback wwe.png (369 KB, 852x587) Image search: [Google]
6762 - Raw ryback wwe.png
369 KB, 852x587
>>7716944

being this delusional
>>
File: 1458882706067.jpg (6 KB, 205x205) Image search: [Google]
1458882706067.jpg
6 KB, 205x205
>>7716955
Not big on sarcasm I see.
>>
italianfag again (fighting to preserve the honour of pasta :D). Here is an advert of a festival held in Italy to celebrate "spaghetto dei carbonai". Spaghetto is a kinda of pasta :) there is a clear link to the origin of the name of the pasta.
>>
>>7717033
Typical yuropoor, not thanking the americans for making your life better.
>>
>>7716996

i wouldn't be surprised if it was real. i've met americans who think mac and cheese was invented by african americans
>>
>>7716900
until you've had mushroom carbonara you'll never know how good a carbonara can be
>>
>>7716845
>it's not carbonara without cream*

ftfy
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.