[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the difference between flapjacks, pancakes, hoecakes,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: flapjacks-02[1].jpg (56 KB, 1303x869) Image search: [Google]
flapjacks-02[1].jpg
56 KB, 1303x869
What's the difference between flapjacks, pancakes, hoecakes, and griddlecakes?
>>
>>7716633
nothing
>>
they all make shitty birthday cakes.
>>
>>7716633
autism
>>
They're all for cucks. Everyone knows a hung-dick man eats Belgian waffles made with poundcake batter.
>>
>>7716665
>Playing favoritism
Pancakes and waffles do not need to fight each other.
>>
>>7716633
I don't know what the last two are but you have to be a retard not to know the difference between pancakes and flapjacks just by looking at them.
>>
>>7716633
The only one that is actually different are hoecakes. Hoecakes are made from a cornmeal batter. Everything else is a pancake by a different name.
>>
>>7716633
The dialect.
>>
why do we have 4 different names for one item of breakfast food and yet only love describes love?
>>
>>7717027
Because breakfast is more common than love.
>>
>>7716633
Flapjacks are made with oats, golden syrup, sugar and butter.

They're not remotely similar to the others you mentioned.
>>
File: dutch-baby-german-pancake-c.jpg (40 KB, 520x347) Image search: [Google]
dutch-baby-german-pancake-c.jpg
40 KB, 520x347
what about a Dutch Baby or German Pancake?
>>
>>7717687
That's just a yorkshire pudding.
>>
>>7716633
hoecakes are made of cornmeal, the rest are the same thing made with flour and a chemical leavening agent
>>
>>7716633
flapjacks and pancakes are the same

griddlecakes are some faggotry so named by vermonters who only know how to suck dick

and hoecakes, well, hoes got to eat too
>>
>>7716633
They're all open faced syrup or butter breakfast sandwiches. The difference is unimportant.
>>
>>7718119
Flap jacks are often made with oats in addition to standard pancake batter.
>>
>>7716818

hoecakces and griddlecakes are literally just pancakes by a different name.

They're called that because pioneers in the old days would just have cakes of fried on whatever the fuck they had handy, whether it was a pan, griddle, or even a flat sheet of metal over a fire.

>>7716877

>>7716877
Maybe originally, but since we're all taking about fried dough made over a flat cooking surface then the specific recipe involved in making them is more of a matter of specific vernacular or history.
>>
>>7718908

Out here in West Virginia we have buckwheat pancakes.
>>
hoecakes is what ur mom makes
>>
File: 1450717640767.jpg (187 KB, 500x633) Image search: [Google]
1450717640767.jpg
187 KB, 500x633
>>7716633
flapjacks are what lumberjacks eat

pancakes are what moms serve their kids on weekends

hotcakes are what they serve at McDonald's

griddlecakes I've never heard of but it sounds pretentious so it's probably just made by and for hipsters
>>
>>7719401
is that a new pokemon
>>
>>7719421
It's name is Pansnake.
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 960x540
I can't stop thinking about those johnny cakes
>>
>>7716808
/reddit/
>>
>>7719401
Hoecakes, not hotcakes.
>>
>>7718934
no hoecakes are cornbread. you got the etymology right though. also called johnny cakes because soldiers rations
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (55 KB, 506x316) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
55 KB, 506x316
>>7719616
I;m thinking about thos Johnnycakes
>>
>flapjacks
Your mom's tits
>pancakes
My mom makes these
>hoecakes
Your mom makes these
>griddlecakes?
Clint Eastwood makes these
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.