[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Five days sober Feeling very flat but aiming to stick with it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (469 KB, 2302x1036) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
469 KB, 2302x1036
Five days sober
Feeling very flat but aiming to stick with it for a couple of weeks
Anyone else on the wagon?
>>
you've done the hardest part anon. try picking up a new hobby.
>>
Quitting is easy, it's staying quit that's the hard part. I can quit for three months, and then I'm back on it eventually. Been doing this for ten years like a rollercoaster. It's going to kill me, but I don't care anymore.
>>
I really never drink but am a degenerate pothead.

I gave it up for like 2 months. I don't really feel the need to smoke ever anymore.

Got super fucking ripped last weekend though it was good.

Truly the man I envy is the one who can walk the middle road.
>>
>>7715730

well, quitting here and there is a lot better than never quitting.
>>
>>7715730
>>7715732
>>7715717
>>>/r9k/ is that away losers
>>
>>7715717
Congrats. Not an alchy myself, but I've known several. Shit can be hard to deal with but keep it up man.
>>
I honestly don't get how people can go with out drinking or smoking pot every day

life just seems so boring otherwise
>>
File: 484750423.jpg (63 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
484750423.jpg
63 KB, 633x758
>>7715717
On wagon, living a respectable life currently

KILL ME
>>
>>7715717
i havent had anything since sunday bro
right there with you
>>
>>7715717
Day 73 here. It's honestly the longest I've gone without drinking in over a decade. Feels good man.
>>
Going to stop for Ramadan in a couple weeks.
>>
>>7715717
I'm a little over a year now. If you haven't I highly recommend AA, it really works if you put the effort in.
>>
>>7717442
Also good luck and keep it up!
>>
yeah i'm on almost 2 months of not drinking. It's mostly good, I barely had any cravings at first but about a month in i started wanting some. I have a pint of vodka that's been in my dresser for months now, and on occasion i take it out and fondle it and think about the good old days of drinking and how they're GONE lmao. oh well i'm sure i'll drink again at some point but im gonna try to drag this stretch of sobriety out as long as i can. Since i hit my 30's I usually go for 3-4 months semi drunk and sober up for 3-4 months, which is something i never did in my 20's, i was lucky if i took a weekend off back then. Oh well im not craving any now so i guess that's good but who cares.
>>
Real deal alcoholic here.
I had 18 months then I relapsed one time on Feb 12. Got in a bar fight, sent someone to the hospital and checked into rehab.
I'm awaiting felony assault charges and attend meetings regularly.
Not every drinker needs a wagon but I certainly do.

AMA.
>>
Haven't drank during the day or to the point of withdrawal in just over a month after a year of being pretty much constantly drunk. I couldn't get out of bed without a drink at times. I'm still drinking to go out partying once a week, occasionally twice if someone invites me unexpectedly. I know I'll stop when I get too old to go out drinking, but I want to stop before then. At the moment I'm trying to figure out how to enjoy myself in a social situation without alcohol, considering joining my friend's improve class as he said it changed his life.
>>
>>7715717
I've actually willed myself to just be a social drinker and it's going fine now for about 8 months. Once you get over that week long hump of depression and erratic mood it's pretty easy to not crave it. It was for me anyway.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.