[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Frozen Ice Cream, gimme them ideas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 3
File: feature-frozen-custard-1-large.jpg (45 KB, 438x282) Image search: [Google]
feature-frozen-custard-1-large.jpg
45 KB, 438x282
Alright you co/ck/suckers

I now have an ice cream maker in my possession.
I have made so far
>Caramel
>Espresso
>Vanilla Bean
>Strawberry
They were all pretty good but relatively standard

What are some other, not often used, types of ice cream that I could make?
>grape?
>>
Semen and vaginal fluid
>>
>>7715316
I really like pistachio, blueberry, cinnamon.

Mine always get hard as fuck after a few hours in the freezer.
>>
>>7715383
cinnamon and blueberry sound good
did you add extra sugar for both of them?

i usually make frozen custard so it remains pretty soft
>>
>>7715316
As opposed to unfrozen ice cream?

Anyway, malted beer.
>>
>>7715414
using like deschutes or a dopplebock?
>>
>>7715426
I'm actually not a big beer drinker, I just thought it would make interesting ice cream. I used a chocolate stout, reduced it, and added it to a simple sweet cream base along with a scoop of malt powder.

It was quite good. Subtle, not too sweet, with an interesting aftertaste. Definitely worth trying.
>>
>>7715316
whoever said pistachio, they are right.
Theres an internet vid where they make ghostpepper ice cream.
mine always comes out too sweet
>>
>>7715476
nice, gonna try this weekend
>>
Ketchup
Bbq
Mustard
Relish
Pickle
Cucumber
Dill
Sage
Mayonnaise
Fennel
Black liquorice
Toasted sesamie seed
Carrot
Habanero
Ghost pepper
Mango
Black pepper
>>
>>7715316
http://gpinzone.blogspot.com/2015/04/low-carb-apple-pie-with-cheddar-cheese.html
>>
>>7715316
Peanut Butter
>>
>>7715535
Are these ice cream flavors or is this your shopping list?
>>
choco taco

>thread over
>>
>>7715316
Banana is the best flavor
>>
I like gelato from my ice cream maker, best. Lemon gelato is my fav when summer time rolls around. I prefer the lighter, airy texture better than the more dense ice cream.
>>
Beet with pomegranate, basil
Feta cheese swirl

Vadouvan spices curried carrot with navel oranges

Rose water with cardamom and cinnamon
Toasted sliced almonds mix in
>>
Sherbet.
>>
>>7716619
>Rose water with cardamom and cinnamon
>Toasted sliced almonds mix in
Sounds dank, Doing it
>>
I made some watermelon sorbet with white wine the other day. Turned out great, but needed a shitton of sugar
>>
>>7715316
strawberry is in season. it's always best to start simple then explore once you've got the fundamentals down
>>
Mango ice cream is great.
>>
>>7716704
This.

Coconut, blackberry or mixed berry are also good flavors.
>>
>>7716545
Isn't it literally the exact opposite? That gelato doesn't have as much air as ice cream?
>>
>>7716742
gelato has less overrun but is made with lower fat content so it's 'lighter'
>>
>>7715316
grape is actually really awesome.

roast halved grapes before introducing them into the base.
>>
>>7716823
yet denser with more protein per serving, yet still goes down lighter for some raisin.

Also, op, try making some boozy ice cream like irish cream or coffee liqueur. Also coconut ice cream spiked with run is damn good.
>>
>>7715411
>>7715383
>did you add extra sugar for both of them?

On top of this, I read on Serious Eats that you can add liquid glucose to the ice cream, which isn't as sweet as straight sugar but still has the softening properties.
>>
Tonka.

Just a basic sweet cream with about 1/2-2/3 of a tonka bean shaved into it, steeped, then sieved out.

Very interesting flavor. Sort of like vanilla, but with hints of caramel, burnt almond, and spice.

Don't use too much Tonka, though. One bean at the most. The flavor is very strong, plus Tonka beans are quite toxic in high doses.
>>
>>7716835
glycerin
>>
>>7715383
You gotta chill your base before you put it in your ice cream maker. If your base is too warm, it freezes slower and forms larger ice crystals, so when it freezes, it becomes very icy.

Chill it in the fridge for a few hours before churning, then get it into a very cold freezer ASAP.

You can also use glucose or additives like xanthan gum, but I don't like doing that. Glucose makes it taste kind of sickly sweet, in my experience, and xanthan gum gives the ice cream a strange, almost slimy texture even in minute quantities.

Main thin is A. to make sure your base is freezing rapidly enough, and B. that there isn't too much liquid in it. Also, if you use anything with alcohol in it, use very small amounts because alcohol inhibits freezing.
>>
Ketchup

Mayonnaise
>>
Pineapple

Also, grape sounds interesting
>>
>>7715383
>
make everything cold before you make it even the bowls
>>
>>7715535
Cucumber ice cream could be fucking delicious
>>
File: Time for goy money.gif (3 MB, 485x300) Image search: [Google]
Time for goy money.gif
3 MB, 485x300
>>7716371
My nig of nog
>>
>>7715316
>Frozen ice cream
excuse me?

please tell me no one is stupid enough to actually call it this
>>
>Frozen Ice Cream

As opposed to what?
>>
Have you seen Tom Brady's new $200 cookbook? In it, he has an intriguing recipe for avocado ice cream.
>>
>>7715316
Guinness
>>
>>7715316
Haggis
>>
>>7715316
Chai tea
Lavender
Avocado
>>
What I'd personally be interested in trying is cold version of any type of cream-based sauce. Like a bechamel ice cream on top of fish or something like that.
>>
Pear base with blue cheese bits
>>
>>7717714
Tom Brady can go fuck himself, in the eye.
>>
>>7718248
This could be done.
>Bearnaise ice cream
>small scoop on top of cold poached salmon over grilled endive, with a drizzle of chive oil.
>>
>>7715316
AVOCADO
>>
Invested in a cheap ice cream maker from Wal-Mart a couple of months ago but it's been working great for what it is. I've done both Philly style and egg based ice creams and I definitely prefer the custardy egg based ones due to the lower amount of larger ice crystals from the cheap maker.

Good dark chocolate ice cream is my GOAT flavour but I've been looking for a good strawberry recipe.
>>
Cucumber
>>
>>7715316
Banana and caramelised white chocolate.

I made it out of Jeni's ice cream cookbook. Meme flavor but its the best ice cream ive ever eaten.
>>
>>7719812
invest in a compressor model, I just got a whynter
>>
Egg Nog
Also how do I get into making my own icecream?
>>
>>7720390
get an ice cream maker, mix up a batch and freeze it.
>>
matcha and honey
>>
>>7720001
caramelized sugar and white chocolate?
>>
>>7723460
white chocolate and ice cream doesn't mix
>>
Chamomile
I could imagine the clove ice cream would make your mouth numb.

Plumb and pear
Cranberry
Rhubarb and strawberry
Curry
Beef broth
>>
root beer ice cream.

or cinnamon- licorice ice cream.

soak some good high quality licorice in the milk until its soft. add that to the final ice cream with anise flavoring and cinnamon oil, red food coloring, and very finely chopped hot tamale candies.
>>
File: earl-of-grey-tea-z.jpg (126 KB, 700x634) Image search: [Google]
earl-of-grey-tea-z.jpg
126 KB, 700x634
Earl grey ice cream is pretty palatable.
>>
>>7715316
Basil is surprisingly good. Had some with a french toast and strawberry cheesecake sandwich. So good.
>>
>>7715316
candy cap icecream, it's uh earthy tasting
>>
>>7715316
ginger and mint lemonade
>>
>>7715316
chinese 5 spice
peach
brown butter
maple/ burbon
>>
>>7715316
Rum Raisin
>>
safron

>>7717241
dont feed grapes to your pets like Ben & Jerry ;^)
>>
>>7715316
Make orange ice cream, remember to mix it up with orange jelly/marmalade. It's pretty refreshing and tasty.
>>
>>7716742
No. The air thing is mainly done in factory produced icecream.
You don't get that in icecream you make at home.
>>
Make a chicago deep dish.
>>
>>7724718
All ice cream has overrun, ie air whipped into it otherwise it would be a lot more dense.
>>
>>7715316
hazelnut
>>
Lime with chili/hot sauce streaks?
Or make rasberry ice cream and put blue food coloring in it, so it's blue raspberry
>>
Lavender. It sounds weird, but tastes amazing.
>>
another vote for cucumber

I feel like gleatto would be easier than ice cream

I would also try strawberry rhubarb and lemon poppy seed.
>>
I made Mint Julep ice cream once. Made a reduction of bourbon, added that into a simple base along with a bunch of mint leaves. Let it steep and chill overnight in the fridge, then ran it through a sieve to remove the leaves.

It was pretty good.
>>
>>7716371
I do this like a ghetto person. I'll take a pint of vanilla breyer's shit, and mix the hell out of it with some peanut butter. Tastes pretty good.
>>
>>7715316
Banana, get the good ripe ones from the discount bin in your produce Dept. Maybe some chunky peanut butter?
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.