[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Peanut Butter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: IDShot_540x540[1].jpg (27 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
IDShot_540x540[1].jpg
27 KB, 540x540
I just tried peanut butter for the first time in my life. Why are Americans so crazy about this stuff? It's one of the blandest things I've ever tasted, I'd rather eat a fucking cucumber sandwich than this stuff.

It just tastes of fat and nothing else. It tastes like I'm eating some sort of flavourless oil (e.g. vegetable), except with a much different texture.

I thought to myself "maybe I'm just not meant to eat it on its own" so I tried it in a sandwich, I tried it with icecream, I tried it in porridge. It adds no flavour, just makes everything fatty as if I'm eating McDonald's. I guess that's why Americans love it so much.

Pic related, the brand I tried. Tesco only had this brand and a local brand.
>>
>>7713891
Tastes like peanuts to me.
>>
>>7713891
i dunno i guess its something you have to grow up with
it might've been the brand you tried. if you care enough, its pretty easy to make as long as you have a food processor.
i like to take granola and mix it with peanut butter and chocolate chips and eat that instead of like dessert
>>
>>7713900
I love eating chocolate chips instead of dessert. Do you ever eat potatoes and steak instead of dinner? I highly recommend it.
>>
>>7713904
yikes youre pretty mad
sorry you wasted your 2 dollars? at least you found out you dont peanut butter
>>
>>7713891
>I eat shitty dollar store peanut butter.
>I am also autistic.

Great job OP!
>>
>>7713912
American detected
>>
gotta eat big to get big
>>
>>7713910
Anonymous isn't a username.
>>
>>7713929
i can tell by your diction my man.
>>
>>7713939
OP here, that guy isn't me you dumbass. Typing with capital letters isn't a fucking "diction" lmao.
>>
>>7713944
>>7713939
OP here, don't listen to this wanker. That guy was me.
>>
>>7713944
This man is an imposter. I am the real king of the Teensies.
>>
>>7713891
Tastes like peanuts. Also, try smucker's natural, just peanuts and salt.
>>
It doesnt taste like fat, it tastes like peanuts you mad cunt

And i dont even like peanut butter that much, i'm just stating facts

Get your taste buds sorted out m8, pronto
>>
File: 254252525.gif (114 KB, 560x339) Image search: [Google]
254252525.gif
114 KB, 560x339
>>7713891
Well of course it would taste awful to something as refined as the British palate.
>>
>>7713917
European detected
>>
You probably ate creamy like a faggot

Crunchy is where its at
>>
>>7713891

It's a kid food for the most part. It's bland sure (but kids like it bland), it's easily digestible and it's just within their skill level to handle using it to make their own sandwiches with.

I'd also say they probably put extra shortening in there to keep it from separating. "Natural" peanut butter separates out into oil and sludge pretty quick and you have to stir it to get it back together.

If they sold you that, you'd probably be bitching about having to stir it instead of it tasting like shortening. They also tend to put loads of sugar in the things too, mainly because anything with more sugar increases sales and profits.

Just stick to your marmite and your baked beans on toast. If you really insist on something with taste, get a jar of dry roasted peanuts and grind them in a food processor until it forms a paste.
>>
>Went to US store to browse the anticipated elite selection of peanut butter
>Bought skippy and few other kinds
>WHAT THE SHIT

If a person never has tried peanut butter, you could convince him that's how peanut butter tastes. It was absolutely inedible and with so many ingredients that you can eat like a fucking nutella without drinking anything.

Got back to the 100% peanut butter like I am used to eat.

OP - Get some proper PB, try it with jelly or bananas+honey. Divine stuff
>>
File: Jif!.jpg (18 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Jif!.jpg
18 KB, 500x500
Peanut butter is sublime, but then OP is from a place where they eat eels.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 225x225
I am Russian and just discovered this shit 1 year ago. Now every breakfast pb+banana on toast. It's tasty.
>>
>>7713891
Fuck off you shit posting, American cunt.
>>
File: russia.jpg (114 KB, 405x581) Image search: [Google]
russia.jpg
114 KB, 405x581
>>7714118

Did some research and the Russian palate just doesn't get peanut butter.
Yet.
American marketing needs to solve this.

There's a fortune to be made here, boys.
>>
>>7714118
>"Peanut Butter" in Cyrillic
>"Crunchy" in Latin

Get it together Russia
>>
>>7713900
>i like to take granola and mix it with peanut butter and chocolate chips and eat that instead of like dessert
>>
File: 1464190865571.gif (948 KB, 245x219) Image search: [Google]
1464190865571.gif
948 KB, 245x219
>>7714035

erhm... nah
>>
Peanut butter and banana sandwiches on white bread (buttered before the application of peanut butter) followed by flamin hot monster munch and a can of coke is the gourmets lunch imo
>>
It's not exactly an obscure item here either, you silly goose. Tesco's crunchy own brand isn't oily in texture, or you can get Meridian which is widely available and is made from 100% peanuts and nothing else. If it's not the oil and you just dislike the taste of peanuts, then peanut butter is perhaps not for you. The good news is that it's not exactly a dietary staple, you don't need to sit there with a face like a slapped arse eating it in every combination imaginable to prove to the world you don't like it.
>>
OP, I've been thinking about this thread for over 4 hours. I'm now drunk and upset.

I can ship you some decent it butter, just to know I've improved a life. Do you actually like peanuts?
>>
>>7714276
"decent nut butter"
>>
File: Cousin IT.jpg (99 KB, 395x395) Image search: [Google]
Cousin IT.jpg
99 KB, 395x395
>>7714276
>decent it butter

me want be drunk now but no upset
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.