[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the correct Waffle House order?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8
File: waffle_house.jpg (187 KB, 800x488) Image search: [Google]
waffle_house.jpg
187 KB, 800x488
What is the correct Waffle House order?
>>
File: wtf.jpg (150 KB, 1000x654) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
150 KB, 1000x654
nobody really knows.

that menu is confusing as fuck. i don't know how drunk/stoned people at 3:00 AM manage to order anything.
>>
2 eggs scrambled, covered, hash browns , smothered and covered, side of bacon, glass of oj.
>>
>>7713760
How is it confusing? You literally can just order whatever breakfast item you want and they'll make it. The menu just serves to show price points.
>>
>>7713749

Texas sausage melt, add bacon
Double hashbrowns, double covered, well done
Coke
>>
>>7713749
All-Star, Sausage, Hash Browns covered & topped, fat glass of chocolate milk.
>>
>>7713749
do all waffle house branches look like this?
shit's perfection
shame there's none in bongland
>>
>>7713749

I'll take a country ham and eggs, over easy, and a large hashbrowns covered, chunked, capped, and topped
>>
>>7713749
The Grand Slam
>>
>>7713749
All star bacon, hash browns covered chunked,and 2 biscuits and gravy
>>
sausage egg and cheese on the jalapeno biscuit
>>
>>7713749
All Star Special
>Eggs over medium
>Browns smothered, covered, peppered, chunked, and capped
>Bacon
>Pecan or blueberry waffle, well buttered and syrupped
>[spoiler]Cinnamon raisin toast[/spoiler] or replace with a biscuit
>Coffee
>Smother everything in hot sauce and Heinz 57

or

>Texas Cheesesteak or Angus Patty Melt and browns
>Sprite with vanilla syrup

The GOAT, I promise
>>
Tall stack of pecan pancakes
>>
>>7713749
Cheese 'N Eggs with bacon, raisin toast & hash browns.
>>
>>7714240
All the ones I've seen do. I wish they'd expand into New England.
>>
File: aaaaaaa.png (510 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaa.png
510 KB, 1280x720
>tfw no wafflehouse where i live

>tfw only had it once when i visited Missouri
>>
I sincerely believe that Waffle house is one of the greatest institutions in US history.

That said, two burgers and country hasbrowns will set me up just fine for the rest of the day

the burgers are fucking amazing for the price and they still make the sausage gravy fresh every time
>>
>>7714240

yes, every one. And it's great because the entire grill is right in front of you so you can tell instantly if it's clean and well run and see what the cooks are doing.

You haven't lived till you're watched a one-eyed Mexican and a skellington redneck with a spiderweb tattoo make 15 different breakfasts in less than 9 min in front a grill and a on a floor you could eat off of.
>>
>>7713749
steak and bacon melt and chili
>>
We had some awesome waffle houses where I lived growing up, and all of them were pretty good quality at the very least. There's only one that I know of here, and it sucked the several times I went there. People still praise it because
>muh waffle house
>>
File: 3MhUMFq.jpg (2 MB, 2000x2589) Image search: [Google]
3MhUMFq.jpg
2 MB, 2000x2589
Waffle House never fails. Always open. Did you know there is a Waffle House matrix to determine an impact to a society after a natural disaster and literally a national plan to re-open Waffle Houses?

https://www.fema.gov/blog/2012-05-30/waffle-house-plan-show
>>
>>7713749

4 egg classic French omelet with ham.

>Whut?
>>
File: 51c8ab301055a.image[1].jpg (18 KB, 620x237) Image search: [Google]
51c8ab301055a.image[1].jpg
18 KB, 620x237
>>7715788
Not every one. Our Waffle House looks like this. Although I'm not sure it's part of the same chain.
>>
>>7713749
Waffles?
>>
Large order of hashbrowns and a cherry coke. Or a coffee.
>>
>>7713749
Ordering them to tell you where the closest Dunkin is located.
>>
>>7713769
But there's literally no pricing on the menu...
>>
>>7713760
I think I'll try the Waffle waffle.
>>
>>7715884
>Although I'm not sure it's part of the same chain
It is.
For the longest time, there was another chain called Waffle House, that was pissed off at the Waffle House we all know and love. Eventually Waffle House bought that chain out. I'm assuming that's one of their old restaurants.
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 686x582) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 686x582
>>7715935
Dunking is shit kys m8
>>
Yankee here
What are these, are they like Denny's ie) chain diner
>>
>>7716112
Picture a Denny's with no dining area, an open kitchen, and better food.
>>
BLT and an unsweetened iced tea you absolute plebian degenerates
>>
>>7713749
Sans spit.
>>
>>7713749
HASH BROWNS ALL THE WAY OR BUST
>>
>>7715859
If I ever survive a nuclear disaster or third World War, I know I'll be alright afterward
>>
>>7713749
Walking out without ordering anything
>>
Covered
Diced
Peppered
>>
>>7716114
its nothing like a dennys at all.
they are odd places usually in bad areas of town.
They seem to exist outside normal space and time.
staffed mostly by ex con women.
really really unique chain I have to say.
>>
>>7716313
>its nothing like a dennys at all.
True

>they are odd places usually in bad areas of town.
Mostly true, but occsainally in really nice places (e.g. Providence/Mt. Juliet Tn Location outside of Nashville)

>They seem to exist outside normal space and time.
True, it's like walking into a 1970's hardcore republican/christian trailer park with a side of niggers

>staffed mostly by ex con women.
and ex con women

>really really unique chain I have to say.
understatement of the century
>>
>>7716358
>anywhere in tennessee
>nice
>>
>>7716016
very cute.
>>
>>7716365
Someones jealous of the newest and best "It City" in the country
>>
I miss Waffle House so much. I'm technically in the south. Why are they not here?
>>
File: lets get it in.jpg (41 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
lets get it in.jpg
41 KB, 600x600
>>7713749
>large hash browns, scattered, smothered, covered and peppered
>texas bacon, egg and cheese melt
>coffee
>change for a dollar so i can play all the WaHo novelty songs on the juke
>>
>>7716368
Thanks for noticing.
>>
>>7715053
I find your meal to be within acceptable parameters.
>>
I usually get a coffee with some grits and fully loaded hashbrowns. Thier portions are really generous and I like the shit shack truck stop atmosphere.
>>
Double-quarter cheese plate, scattered, smothered, covered and a fresh cup of coffee.
>>
File: wha.jpg (47 KB, 414x318) Image search: [Google]
wha.jpg
47 KB, 414x318
Waffle House is not a chain. I have been led to believe over time it is the manifestation in our reality of some vast organism or eldrich abominations, due to it's reality defying and ontological powers.

They only rarely appear in 'nice areas', the preferred environment for Waffle Houses to live seems to be in run down areas. Next to gas stations, truck stops, ghettos and the seedier parts of a town. They somehow exist in defiance of all the laws that would seem to govern what would happen to a business there.

Going inside, things only become weirder. You'll see among the customers a bizarre mixture of ghetto gangbangers, crackheads, rednecks, white trash, black trash, ordinary people, police officers.

They are all attended to by what appear to be former convicts. The cooks might be a massive slab of a man covered in tattoos and scars, or an ancient black man who looks more rasin than human. The waitresses are covered in tattoos as well. I don't understand why the extradimensional entity disguising itself as Waffle Houses prefers ex convicts to serve and work for it, but it seems to have its own motives.

The final reality defying part is the quality of the food, and indeed the inside of the Waffle House itself. Even though the area outside can be filled with choking gasoline fumes, burnt down and used as crack houses and meth labs, filled with gangbangers, or simply covered in dirt and grime the inside is spotless and clean. The food produced also seems to defy reality, being high in portions and taste and being low in price.

I hope this helps you /ck/.
>>
>>7718018

very fair post that sums up my on going fascination with the Wa Hoe... I first started to wonder about these things when I was a freshman at the Georgia Institute of Technology and would often find myself at one of the 2 or 3 close by Wa Hoes at 3 or 4 in the morning. Supposedly it was co founded by a GT grad... But I suspect this is not really true and is a cover story of the interdimensional being that is really at the heart of wahoe operations...

but a few points of clarification...

>>7718018
>they only rarely appear in 'nice areas', the preferred environment for Waffle Houses to live seems to be in run down areas.

cheaper land. the interdimensional entity purchases the land through several different shell corporations to hide its identity and then pays cash. this is done for cheaper operating cost (keeping the price of food cheap - as well as tax benefits of not having to declare wealth and income through shell corporations on loan paperwork)

>>7718018
>I don't understand why the extradimensional entity disguising itself as Waffle Houses prefers ex convicts to serve and work for it, but it seems to have its own motives.

This is another tax break tactic.

>>7718018
>The food produced also seems to defy reality, being high in portions and taste and being low in price.

This can only be achieved in a couple ways... limit the menu to mostly breakfast and control costs of good sold. The Wa Hoe has clearly chosen the smaller menu approach. Unlike ihop which has branched into stuffed french toast and crepes and a dozen or more silly meals no one at ihop really wants... the waffle hause hast kept things uber simple. waffles, eggs, grits, fried potatoes... sure you can get a burger or a steak or a salad - but all those items are seriously subpar. their biscuits are ok, the grilled chicken is edible, the thing sliced beef on their melts is surprisingly good though when it is not overly chewy or grissled.
>>
>>7718018
>>7718071
m8...
>>
>>7715884
>Bloomington, IN

I miss that town
>>
>>7718071

soo.. stick with eggs, waffles, bacon, grits, and hashbrowns and you will be fine.

thats probably what 80% of people order.. and thats the proper way to order. if you get out of that comfort zone you are doing it all wrong at the wahoe... a little break from the ordinary with a texas cheese steak from time to time is understandable.. but you don't live there.. you visit that cheese steak and then you come back from your vacation and hit of that tripple scattered covered capped like a proper peasant.

so lets break that simple menu down..

what does an egg cost? 10 cents?
what does a bowl of grist cost? 5 cents?
hashbrowns triple order...? 25 cents?
waffle batter? 15 cents?

they charge 2 to 4 bucks for each of those items. their profit margins are INSANE. they aren't doing ANYTHING FANCY.

and what are they paying for labor costs? minimum wage or less to convicts... the way you keep them in line is you call up their parole officer and the government does it for you. the interdimensional beings that run all massive corporate conglamerates are all on govt welfare in one way or another through social assistance programs or through tax breaks... they don't have to provide medical benefits because all their convicts are part time and qualify for welfare, SNAP, and government healthcare.

The interdimensional, tax haven, conglomerate overlords of wa hoe know exactly what they are doing and it's freakin brilliant. Same as how walmart runs their shit. employ the shit stains of america, don't pay them enough part time so that they qualify for govt assistance, sell the cheapest shit you can find for a low price.

I'm fine with them doing it so long as I can get my scattered double covered.
>>
>>7716026
I don't think you're right.

For years the national chain was known in Indiana as Waffle & Steak due to the existence of small chain of non-affiliated Waffle House restaurants in the state. They did not buy out the Indiana Waffle House, there are at least a few left that are independent.

However, the national chain decided to switch to the Waffle House name in Indiana a decade or so ago.
>>
>>7713749
chocolate chip waffle with three eggs scrambled w/cheese, sausage patties, biscuit instead of toast, and capped chopped and topped

you wont need to eat for a week
>>
I have no idea how waffle house stays in business. There are two in my town that are always empty. I always thought it was just a front for prostitution or something.
>>
living in atlanta u will get tired of this shit so quick
>>
Pecan waffle with sausage, 3 eggs, scrambled, toast and butter, hashbrowns, and a sweet iced tea. And an Angus patty melt to go.
>>
A restraining order. Every employee and patron has at least one against them.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.