[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
someone convince me not to drink soda I've been off for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1
File: 1450937168450.jpg (20 KB, 425x283) Image search: [Google]
1450937168450.jpg
20 KB, 425x283
someone convince me not to drink soda

I've been off for 3 months but now I'm home alone for a few weeks and I have the biggest craving to buy a 12 pack of coke or drpepper and just binge
>>
>>7713289
Buy beer instead.
At least you get a buzz with those carbs.
>>
>>7713314
Better yet, whiskey

Fewer carbs and more buzz
>>
I didn't drink soda for a few years, I just recently decided to drink some again, but only on occasions like if I need a coke to stay awake or a sprite to clear up my stomach.

you just need to ween off it, and substitute with iced tea with a little bit of sugar. That's how I did it, now I can drink iced tea with no sugar at all.
>>
Ice cream is nicer.
>>
Just get Coke Zero and you're good. I'm actually beginning to like coke zero more than regular coke
>>
>>7713289
I tried a Diet Coke and it was the best thing I'd drank in years. Most people don't like the after taste, but if you're one of the ones who do, god damn
>>
>>7713289
If you drink alcoholic beverages in lieu of carbonated soft drinks, you may end up with the same caloric intake but you will double your pleasure.
>>
>>7713366
I'm not a big fan of beer and liquor makes me sleepy

I probably sound like a giant pussy but eh
>>
>>7713802
I'm an insomniac, and liquor wakes me up. You're lucky. Sleep is awesome and I miss it sometimes.
>>
>>7713289
>someone convince me not to drink soda
Compare how much money you would save if you just switch to water instead.
>>
>>7713806
a 12 pack of cans would probably last me a week at least, so not a big deal

>>7713804

I wish it woke me up, it sucks going out with friends and being drained 2 drinks in
>>
There's literally nothing wrong with drinking soda as long as it isn't in excess and you brush your teeth before bed
>>
>>7713289
You're drinking flavored sugar water which you know is terribly bad for your health. I like soda, but I rarely drink it. You just have to substitute your soda consumption with some other drink. I drink fuckloads of tea, but at least that's a reasonably healthy drink. I find that most people who have soda addictions have big sweet tooths anyway, so I'd work on weening yourself off sugary foods besides fruit.
>>
i learned that i didnt crave the sweetness of soda, i craved the carbonation

i drink sparkling water now. black cherry is fucking dank
>>
i jumped to diet caffeine free soda, usually diet root beer. it took a while to get used to the flavor, but now that i have, i can't drink regular soda. holy fuck it's like drinking right from the pancake syrup bottle. regular soda is disgusting.
>>
>>7713289
It's basically sugar + water which is really bad for you.

Buy some carbonated water instead and eat an apple.
>>
>>7713289

No. You know you want it. Give in.
>>
>>7713802
Do you just drink the liquor straight? Mix it with something. Or drink wine.
>>
>>7713289
make a fruit smoothie instead
>>
>>7713964
exactly this
>>
The reason you stopped in the first place should be motivation enough. Just drink some water whenever you feel a craving.

>>7713802
I'd fuck your boipussy
>>
So go buy some, drink it, then stay off it for a while again. It's soda not heroin.
>>
It's sugar water, you like it because you've been drinking sugar water for a long time

It's also expensive, tastes worse than home made cola, has phosphoric acid etc

The worst part is the sugar and calories, so replacing it with diet is a better idea. They still have phosphoric acid in them but they're mostly harmless in sensible quantities. Your tastebuds will also learn to like them more than regular after drinking them for a few days or less.

Most importantly, drinking calories is unequivocally a bad idea.
>>
>>7713289
go drink soda
>>
>>7713915
This. LaCroix or Dasani or Deer Park flavored sparkling waters. So delicious. Also makes a great mixer with Tito's Vodka.
>>
>>7714822
There are sodas that don't have bad stuff in them.

Zevia and Blue Sky come to mind.

You'll also find they are quite expensive too. So I only have a few if it's a special occasion.
>>
Used to drink Soda like I was drowning but then my gf convinced me to go off, now a coke will fuck my stomach up. Now I stick to beer and lacroix
>>
>>7713289
It's just sugar and caffeine. Like it's been mentioned, drink beer instead if you really want to. Just limit it to one day per week at the most, don't become an alcoholic. At least alcohol has noted benefits if used properly.
>>
it will give you diabetes very quickly
drink true lemon flavor packets in water or seltzer
>>
>>7713289
I'd recommend Sprite. While you're at the store you should also buy some limes and some maraschino syrup and make your own 'Cherry Limeade' except you can tailor it to your own tastes.
>>
if god wanted you to drink pop he would have created corporations to create and distribute it
but he did not, because the devil made those to get you to cheat and binge and hide from god's path
I cannot overstate this, if you drink soda now you will go to hell like the unrepentant sinners
>>
I started drinking water and unsweetened tea more diligently, then decided to go to sonic and get something sweet. It tasted.. off. Like they had fucked it up by adding too much syrup or something. This kept happening, and I realized it hadn't changed. My taste for sweets did. If you kick the soda thing for awhile, you may find you don't care for it anymore
>>
I was really into soda, and then took a trip where it was +40C, clear sky and no wind and also in the big city. Just drank gallons of water, and poured gallons on the head to stay cool. This somehow got me back to drinking only water, and only sometimes I go for a diet soda, a year later.

Also, when I crave an any kind of soda, I go for hydration tablets for sports (like HIGH5), if you use ice cold water, it's kind of awesome, since it's a bit fizzy as well. And more important - it gets the job done, since it's mean to hydrate you, and you won't sip through 6 cans like you would do with dr.pepper
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.