[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else here that actually likes veggie burgers? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 218x231) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 218x231
Anyone else here that actually likes veggie burgers? I'm not even vegetarian but I like them from time to time. I bought pic related for the first time tonight. I usually stick with Morningstar or Boca but these were on sale.
>>
I love veggie burgers. Granted I'm vegetarian, so I don't know if I'd still eat them if I went back to meat, but they definitely satisfy the craving and don't taste like shit. Harvey's makes a pretty good veggie burger, and as far as grocery-brand I've only ever tried Yves, which is alright.

Now veggie hotdogs, on the other hand, are an abomination.
>>
Those are delicious, OP. Enjoy.
>>
>>7712656

there are good veggie burgers

they're all overpriced though

i'd eat them exclusively if they werent like 5 times the price of beef ones
>>
vegetarian here and I'm not a fan
imitating meat yet being vegetarian just seems too ironic to me, not to mention I'd rather not be eating things designed to look and taste as such.

There are a few small brands that realize this and realize they should make a vegetarian burger that boasts the strengths of its ingredients, not imitating that of meat. There's one brand I had when visiting the US, I think it was only available on the east coast (and north at that) where it came as just the patty mix. It's name entirely escapes me but some of the best I've had.
>>
I've had some really good black bean burgers. I also used to frequently get a grilled portobello in place of beef patty when I was younger.

I love real burgers, and have never been a vegetarian.
>>
>>7712678
I completely agree on veggie hotdogs. I've never had one that would be considered remotely edible.
>>
>>7712656
I like veggie burgers that don't try to imitate actual meat.
>>
>>7712656
I like the veggie burgers from trader joes. The pizza and the curry ones are fantastic. I could take or leave the black bean one.
>>
>>7712726

This guy gets it. The ones that try to be some kind of meat substitute are complete shit and painfully inferior to the real thing. But a bunch of beans, vegetables and spices formed into a patty and served like a burger can be pretty fucking tasty. Just consider it a separate dish and don't expect it to replace a real burger.
>>
>>7712656
Almost everything that brand makes is pretty good. I'm not even vegetarian. I've bought the fish fillets, meatballs, orange chicken, schezuan beef (tasted just like beijing beef), and crab cakes. All tasty.
>>
Mushroom veggie meat is my favorite
>>
>>7712678
I'm assuming you're Canadian. Yves is garbage. Go for the frozen veggie burgers, they're much better. President's Choice makes an awesome veggie burger.
>>
File: 1412642047195.jpg (44 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1412642047195.jpg
44 KB, 612x612
>>7712656
I actually find that bacon with veggie burgers (usually made with chickpeas) are fucking incredible.

Sucks for anyone who isn't an omnivore.
>>
>>7713073
Doesn't PC just rebox Gardein's products? I'm pretty sure it said that on some meatless meatballs I bought.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.