[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Filter Jug Hygiene
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: brita.jpg (19 KB, 279x300) Image search: [Google]
brita.jpg
19 KB, 279x300
Do you have one?

If yes how often do you wash it? I'm talking about a proper dismantling and washing every part with soap (except for the filter obviously).
>>
When it starts to look dirty.

The only thing touching the inside should be water, and giving it a quick wipe down with a soapy sponge takes 30 seconds.
>>
>>7712483
Oh man you gotta see my roommate's jug i won't even drink from it ill try and get a pic
>>
Once every 2-3 months, when I change the filter.
>>
>>7712490
>>7712503
Surely it should be done sooner than that? I've been washing mine every time I change the filter but I recently realised that I'd never properly cleaned the hinge of the spout flap and it looked really disgusting.
>>
>>7712568
Yeah the oils from your thumb gunk up the part where you push down to lift the lid to refill the jug, make sure you wash that too. Just wash the whole thing when you change the filter, it's not that hard or time consuming to do, 10 to 15 mins tops if you wanna be super autistic and clean every little piece.
>>
>>7712567
Which brings me to my next question! How often do you change the filter? I've completely given up on using the little digital display on the jug. It goes to 0% within a week or two!
>>
>>7712579
Honestly it depends on your local water, my water will start having a different taste when the filter goes bad, for us it takes 2-3 months because we have very mineral heavy water, but I've lived in other cities where the filter can last up to 5 months before the water gets a bad taste.
>>
>>7712578

I definitely clean it more often than I change the filter.
>>
It's a jug holding clean water. Put it in the dishwasher once a month.
>>
>>7712593

Charcoal filters don't pull minerals out of your water, organics only. The water tastes different because you've got shit growing in your filter.
>>
File: hffitbrief19.jpg (2 MB, 2000x2905) Image search: [Google]
hffitbrief19.jpg
2 MB, 2000x2905
I have a filter on my faucet, but keep refilling a gallon jug so there's cold water in the fridge. I've been using the same bottle since September, and it seems fine. Nothing growing in it, anyway. That which does not kill you fills you with disease, right?

Besides, this bottle followed me all the way down the Alaska Highway so it's technically a souvenir. Washing it will reduce its sentimental value.
>>
>>7712579

Carbon filters won't go bad during your lifetime considering how clean the water already is when it reaches your tap.

They effectively never wear out, only become 'clogged' when the activated carbon gets compressed, blocking water flow.

Pull the filter out and hit it against your counter upside-down a few times to loosen up the activated carbon inside and you're good to go for another year until the flow slows down again.
>>
File: 5485567.jpg (32 KB, 370x400) Image search: [Google]
5485567.jpg
32 KB, 370x400
I used a dink attachment one the only downside its a little harder to clean. I change out the filter every 6 months even though they probably last longer, i never noticed my water taste off.

I fill up pick related once per day with half ice and half water and it lasts me all day. It'll stay ice cold for 12 hours. Ignore the meme water facts on it.
>>
I wash it every time I change the filter, which is usually around 8 weeks
>>
>>7712761
>>7712760

>>7712710
>>
>>7712483
>Buy filter to put in jug
>Clean jug anyway
I don't get it. It's just water.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.