[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Expiration dates
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 0525161028_HDR-1.jpg (793 KB, 2426x2061) Image search: [Google]
0525161028_HDR-1.jpg
793 KB, 2426x2061
How accurate are they for butter? I don't know how fat fucks can consume all the butter they buy before it goes bad. I still have 3 full sticks left
>>
Salted or unsalted? Salted will keep in the fridge quite a while
>>
>>7711016
>I don't know how fat fucks can consume all the butter they buy before it goes bad.
That's probably because you're buying 3 sticks at a time.
>>
It's mostly saturated fat, it'll take a lot lot lot longer than the expiry date to go rancid or bad unless it has other shit in it.

Expiry dates are almost universally too safe, which isn't a bad thing, but know why it's there and eat accordingly. Eating fresh veg is important, for things like butter with minimal health benefits (at least compared to milk) it's far less important

Also freezing butter is perfectly fine
>>
>>7711016
I just freeze it when it's on sale
take out 2 sticks at a time to the fridge and I'm gucci
>>
>>7711016
What do you use your butter for? A single box of Kraft dinner calls for half a stick.
>>
File: 0525161126_HDR-1.jpg (992 KB, 3067x1630) Image search: [Google]
0525161126_HDR-1.jpg
992 KB, 3067x1630
>>7711070
Every store around me sells them in packs of 4 like this or one huge stick about the same size of the 4 smaller ones.

>>7711137
I never thought of this

>>7711154
For greasing pans, buttering toast and waffles mostly.
>>
>one butter stick on the countertop, nice and soft and ready to be used
>next butter stick in the fridge, ready to replace the countertop butter when it runs out
>all extra butter in the freezer

Rotate as needed.
>>
Just bake more cakes
>>
>>7711016
I've used them a while past the expiration date, probably a few months sometimes, and never had any issues. Same thing with eggs, I never get close to finishing those by the date it says on the carton, but they seem to still be good forever.

>>7711165
Yeah, that's the only way I've ever seen it sold, unless it's one of those tubs for spreading it on things, but I think those usually have oil mixed in and aren't pure butter.
>>
>>7711272
This. A loaf of fruit bread can take anywhere from half to a full stick alone. Just use them up in baking. I can never keep this stuff on hand long enough and always run out.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.