[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you sear your steak, grill it, or both? I'm convinced
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: steak_sear.jpg (265 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
steak_sear.jpg
265 KB, 1500x1125
Do you sear your steak, grill it, or both?

I'm convinced that just searing it to the point of rare or medium rare is the best way. My dad thinks I'm a faggot. What do you think?
>>
I don't think you that you entirely understand the meanings of the words you're using.
>>
>>7709068
That you're a faggot.
>>
>>7709090
No, I've used every word correctly. Thank you.
>>
would prefer to grill it over coals most of the time for a smokey flavour but pan searing is fine too
>>
>>7709112

If that's true then you don't know how to properly grill, seeing as how you apparently grill steaks without getting a sear on them.
>>
>>7709125
I never implied that. Quit pulling arguments out of your ass you insecure little man, this isn't fight club.
>>
>>7709125

lern 2 red it isn't even two sentences you sperg
>>
>>7709068
If it's cooked and you think it tastes good, I don't see a problem with either method.

Does your dad think you're a faggot because of your steak cooking preference or because you're a bone smuggler?
>>
bake then sear with pan.
>>
>>7709130

>do you sear your steak, grill it, or both
>i-i never implied that i said i at least sometimes grill steaks without searing them

That's exactly what your first sentence implies, dumbshit.
>>
>>7709068
Your dad is right about you being a faggot, but it was more off a lucky guess this time.
>>
>>7709068

the crust is actually highly carcinogenic, you really ought to start the meat in a cold pan and coast to doneness for your health
>>
>>7709147

Let me guess, you never finished high school and have never read anything longer than a facebook status
>>
File: 538.jpg (39 KB, 421x834) Image search: [Google]
538.jpg
39 KB, 421x834
>>7709147
>this level of projecting and retardation
>>
>>7709154
>>7709156

Do you come from some 3rd world shithole were "sear" and "pan fry" mean the same thing or something?

In proper English, when you grill a steak you are also searing it (i.e. applying high heat to form a sort of crust using the Maillard reaction).
>>
>>7709168

>Do you come from some 3rd world shithole were "sear" and "pan fry" mean the same thing or something?

look at how many posts it took you to make the obvious inference from the context

and yet you still feel you have the high ground
>>
>>7709168
In proper social interaction, one doesn't assume that everyone listening to him is an insufferable autistic crybaby who will feel the need to pick apart and bitch about every bit of speech that doesn't reach his robotic and sterile level of comprehension.

TL;DR fuck off, no one cares
>>
>>7709068
Cooking steak any way other than the grill absolutely makes you a faggot.
>>
>>7709179
>>7709180

>admits he didn't use a term correctly that was one of the two terms he made a thread about
>somehow still thinks he's in the right
>>
>>7709206
>continues acting like a smartass child and replying out of butthurt despite getting completely shat on
>>
>>7709206

we all know he made a slightly misleading error, the point is that anyone with a smidgen of ingenuity and social grace would have let it go without comment.
>>
>>7709224

Just delete your thread, OP. You're only making yourself more and more retarded.
>>
File: 1zCmSm8.jpg (26 KB, 500x305) Image search: [Google]
1zCmSm8.jpg
26 KB, 500x305
>>7709206
>>
If you don't grill and smoke a majority of the meat you cook, then you're a faggot.

Ovens are for little girls and house wives.
>>
>>7709068
pan searing produces the best product. but's summer you little bitch, fire up the grill
>>
>>7709206
I'd bet my life you have screamed at a cop, "AM I BEING DETAINED" after doing something stupid and questionably/gray area illegal
>>
>>7709068
I cook mine the exact same way. You're still a faggot though.
>>
>>7709068
>Do you sear your steak, grill it, or both?

I'm assuming you mean pan-sear since grilling also sears the meat.

For me it depends on the steak. If it's a boneless steak like a fillet or strip then I prefer to sear it in a skillet and finish in the oven.

If it's a bone-in steak like a porterhouse then the bone will prevent the meat from sitting flat in the skillet. In this case I'd go with the grill.
>>
>>7710414
>Cancer is for MEN
>>
File: evanslol.gif (3 MB, 294x238) Image search: [Google]
evanslol.gif
3 MB, 294x238
>>7709152
>highly
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 299x302) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 299x302
>>7709068
>Dad thinks I'm a faggot

Well, that's because you are one. Grilling meat should be the least of your worries.
>>
>>7709068
>that pic
>deep frying your steak
No lad, oil the steak not the pan. That shit is either not hot enough or splattering fucking everywhere.
>>
>>7710644
>oil the steak not the pan.
Makes no difference at all.

>>splattering fucking everywhere.
Oil only splatters if there is moisture in it. In other words, if you put wet food into the oil. Patting meat dry before searing it is standard practice and avoids this problem. It also helps get a better sear because there is less water to boil off the food before the malliard reactions begin.
>>
>>7710663
Yea no shit pat the steak dry, there still is moisture in it though, and if you're actually searing it at a high heat then a lake of oil will make a big mess, also it's completely unnecessary.

You're either cooking in your imaginary fatty fantasy land, or you've got fuck all heat from a lil bitch boy induction range turned way down.

If you want to slather your steak in fat, sear it at a high heat, then drop the heat way down, and finish in the pan with some whole crushed cloves of garlic, a herb (sage, rosemary, thyme) and butter.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.