[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i have a 5lb bag of yellow potatoes what should i make with em
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: 30000-33383-53310-3338353310CF.gif (833 KB, 1347x960) Image search: [Google]
30000-33383-53310-3338353310CF.gif
833 KB, 1347x960
i have a 5lb bag of yellow potatoes what should i make with em
>>
sweet pertader pie
>>
microwave-baked potatoes for breakfast for the next couple weeks
>>
>>7708266
what is
>>
>>7708260
Anal beads
>>
>>7708260

boil em, mash em, stick em in a stew
>>
I've been making big ol' potato and egg burritos recently and haven't got sick of them yet.

You can make potato salad, hash browns, latkes, par-fry a bunch of fries and freeze them for easy use later, gnocchi (also freezes well).

Then of course there's boring baked/roasted/scalloped potatoes, or otherwise just using them in a soup/stew/curry.
>>
>>7708260
http://southamericanfood.about.com/od/saladssidedishes/r/potatocakes.htm

these are pretty goat desu
>>
I like yukon golds for frying/pan-frying and roasting.
>>
>>7708356
ima do it thanks senpai
>>
File: pizzachici.jpg (23 KB, 300x199) Image search: [Google]
pizzachici.jpg
23 KB, 300x199
get some butter and then it's 'go style 'za, natch
>>
layer with tomatoes and emmental (or just generic "swiss" cheese) with salt & pepper and bake for about hour at 375. Or use a slow cooker if it's hot where you live.

Eat with rye bread and a green salad.
>>
>>7708433
let me know the results senpai I'm thinking of making some myself
>>
>>7708260
id make chicago style ´za
>>
>>7708260
A yukon gold in the microwave for 3 minutes (turning upside every minute) makes a real healthy french fure, and it's delicious! Great morning snack before the day starts
>>
>>7708510
>microwave
>health
>>
>>7708444
Go back to /reddit/
>>
>>7708514
Microwaves do not cause toxins in your food. The claim microwaves are unhealthy is like saying holding your cellphone causes you cancer; although they do contribute, in this day and age, the amount is negligible.
>>
>>7708537
>messing with water molecules/essence of your food
>no worries guys people dying in their 50s and 60s while suffering 20 different illnesses is unavoidable and negligible

Just take a few extra minutes and cook like a real man. You have zero excuses to have a microwave in your household.
>>
>>7708605
Those diseases they're dying from are unrelated to microwaves and the type of waves they exhibit. Sure, I could wake up fifteen minutes earlier to cook my food using natural sources of heat instead of a microwave, but I am a tired person and will take those 15 extra minutes of sleep. The effects are negligible, and no studies give hard evidence of microwaves fucking people's bodies up in old age.
>>
File: hash.jpg (127 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hash.jpg
127 KB, 1280x720
>>7708260
british hashbrowns
>>
>>7708326
/thread
>>
>>7708605
>messing with water molecules/essence of your food
Do you only eat raw food then?

Blaming microwaves misses the real issues that are causing premature deaths and more illnesses. About 10% of people smoking cigarettes or drinking too much alcohol, 60%+ people overweight/obese, foods like vegetable shortening with trans fats, consuming too much sugar, etc.

Sitting in front of your computer probably gives you a bigger increase of getting cancer than using a microwave to heat food.
>>
>>7708605
>>messing with water molecules/essence of your food
You mean... heating it?
>>
>>7708752
>Sitting in front of your computer probably gives you a bigger increase of getting cancer than using a microwave to heat food.
>other cooking methods and sending micro waves to vibrate molecules gorillion times a second is the same thing - also >>7708794

These are faulty, but I'm not here to hijack the thread with pointless arguments. Post more potato recipes.
>>
>>7708804
>>other cooking methods and sending micro waves to vibrate molecules gorillion times a second is the same thing
YES. IT IS.

SCIENCE.
>>
>>7708804
Any form of heat will cause molecules to speed up, microwaves just do that to the food itself instead of needing an external fuel source.
>>
>>7708267

Thanks mom, do you have any sour cream with the water separated and some margarine with bread crumbs
>>
>>7708752
>Sitting in front of your computer probably gives you a bigger increase of getting cancer than using a microwave to heat food.

It certainly does if it means subjecting ourselves to your posting.
>>
>>7708260

I watched this this a few nights ago; been thinking to reapply the recipe as a cover layer for casserole dishes.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/tot-alistic-tater-tots-0204575.html
>>
>>7708991
>Anon is shitposting, I better do it too
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.