[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rice alternative?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: nC8X3zE.jpg (202 KB, 1889x1863) Image search: [Google]
nC8X3zE.jpg
202 KB, 1889x1863
I'm on a diet and looking for a suitable alternative to rice.
>>
Varies with location in terms of price, but generally wheat, oats, rye, spelt, corn, legumes, also potatoes and alternatives like buckwheat and millet
>>
>>7707781
Awesome. Any specific way to cook them?
>>
Quinoa
>>
>>7707792
how do you cook Quinoa?
>>
>>7707795
similar to how you would cook couscous. Basically rinse and boil in water.
>>
>>7707797
If I didn't have any Quinoa could I substitute it with rice and cook is the same way?
>>
>>7707801
Buy Quinoa then you fucking idiot
>>
>>7707801
B-but wasn't replacing rice the point?
>>
>>7707810
I meant hypothetically. Hypothetically can I cook rice the same we you described to cook quinoa?
>>
>>7707811
Yeah, but hypothetically.
>>
>>7707781
>substituting rice with potato for diet

kek
>>
>>7707792
fyi quinoa has more carbs than rice, but it does have a lot more nutrients than rice
So take the carbs into account when you manage your diet
>>
if you want to avoid calories/carbs sub cabbage

japaroo women do that all the time, its effective
>>
>>7707846
Quinoa has fewer carbs than rice - the whole reason people eat quinoa to begin with is because it has twice as much protein and fiber as rice, which inevitably leaves less space for carbs.
>>
Just eat less rice, or cut a sweet potato in half and put it in the rice cooker with a similar amount of water
>>
no need for an alternative imo. just decrease the amount and increase the veg and meat

chilis and stews are ideal for this. can easily stretch out a 'single' serving to 3 meals
>>
Whats going on in op's pic? Is that guy just taking a monster shit?
>>
>>7707764
Your diet is stupid. Count calories. It literally doesn't matter which starch you eat if your goal is to not be a fatass.
>>
>>7708194
as much as this is true whole wheat anything is better if you're on a diet. oatmeal is also really good. i make an oatmeal smoothie every day with one cup of oatmeal and a cup and a half of milk and 2 tablespoons of sugar. around 300 calories and pretty filling
>>
>>7707764

Riced cauliflower is where it's at.
>>
Nice tits.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.