[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>no sticky to spoonfeed me How do I into cooking? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_o4zh7nSNzI1sg3dd6o1_500.jpg (35 KB, 427x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4zh7nSNzI1sg3dd6o1_500.jpg
35 KB, 427x750
>no sticky to spoonfeed me

How do I into cooking? I've just been putting frozen food in the oven my whole life. I want to start fresh and make sure I don't die of cancer. Is there a pathway for the uninitiated that one could follow? Something that takes me really easy.

Please keep in mind that I am incompetent, so "read a book and do what it says" would not work on me
>>
lurk more
>>
>>7706737
well, you should make ramen.
>>
>>7706747
Yeah I'm not gonna spend a few weeks trawling through your shitposts to make a meal
>>
Just add onion, garlic and MSG to everything and you're 90% there
>>
File: image.jpg (277 KB, 1000x782) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
277 KB, 1000x782
>>7706737
The sticky is being written and hopefully published soon.
>>
>>7706737
>write down recipes for me
>i am mentally not able to read recipes
Alright bro
>>
>>7706751
then don't make a meal?
>>
>>7706750
>>7706753
>>7706756
>>7706758
>>7706759
Well this board is useless. I'll e-mail moot2 to delete this waste of bandwidth
>>
Get a pan and a pot and start cooking. It really is that simple. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7hH1jN59HY
>>
>>7706753

Actually pretty good advice though
>>
Read a recipe and do what it says
>>
>>7706737

You are the reason why cooking classes should be mandatory in high school.
>>
>>7706737
You're not incompetent, you just don't know any of the basic things that every recipe assumes people know. You into cooking by looking up "cookery basics" and learning:
a) how to cut things up
b) how to heat them until they're cooked
c) how to make them tastier
>>
>>7706768

>he thinks the purpose of a board is for knowledgeable people interested in the topic to cater to newfags looking for a complete, hand held initiation

Try Google or ask a specific question if you want real answers. We'll never have a sticky.
>>
>>7706737
OP i got your back. go to startcooking.com. it's the best way to start there's 100's of helpful videos with a cute plump lady
>>
>>7706806
that's literally it, op. Think of something you like, find a recipe and practice until it no longer looks/taste like shit. Rinse and repeat.

Accept that you'll fuck up horribly at some point. Taste as you go along so you can see what each step of a recipe does. After a few times making a recipe, make some small adjustments to suit you tastes.

But it really all boils down to practicing.
>>
>>7706751
SHADE
>>
>>7706737
I always had issues cooking and I've been finding that my willingness to cook for myself has increased the longer the shelf life of given foodstuffs in my stock is, given that it won't spoil so fast and that I can 'forget' to cook for myself for a bit and not end up with an assload of spoiled food in the fridge.

Buy a sack of frozen veggies, make sure there's lots of 'sweet' veggies like carrot, corn and such in it. Buy some eggs. Put about 200 grams in a pan (settings for the stove is on the bag) and fry it. When they're nice and brown, add two eggs and stir for less than a minute until you got a veggie omelette for dummies; you want the egg to still be moist and not dry as bone. Salt, pepper, boom, you cooked your own tasty and healthy first meal, and none of the ingredients will go bad on you in less than two weeks. Add a piece of chicken for protein if you're /fit/ enough.

Other great, long lasting foodstuffs are onions and garlic, which enhance practically any food by infinite amounts when added. They don't even need to be refrigerated.
>>
>>7708467
is this meant as an insult?

I would have loved to have a cooking class in highschool, maybe i'd be eating something besides oats and eggs three meals a day
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.