[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so I bought a shitton of matcha this Weekend and dont really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8
File: index[1].jpg (162 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
index[1].jpg
162 KB, 425x282
so I bought a shitton of matcha this Weekend and dont really know what to do with it now

made some Milkshakes and obviously tea. heard green Rice is also pretty neat. got any other recipee ideas for me?
>>
>matcha rice

Anon you're glorious, this isn't even something I'd consodered
>>
File: green tea latte.jpg (79 KB, 271x321) Image search: [Google]
green tea latte.jpg
79 KB, 271x321
Icecream, chocolate, anything sweet. Green tea candy and desserts are a big thing in China and Japan!

Pic related is quite easy to make.
>>
i always seem to fuck up mine when i make matcha.
>matcha
>add dismal amount of water
>make thick matcha paste
>add water
tastes grainy and too bitter
>>
>>7706608
I just got my matcha in the mail! Ordered a 5g taster off eBay and it literally arrived 20 minutes ago.

I was thinking about making >>7706659 this, I've had it before and it was really good. Not really sure how to make it though, but Youtube has a lot of vids. Iced matcha sounds good too.

Do I need one of those wooden whisks like they use here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBRxaujMT8Y ? Or will I be OK with a normal metal one?
>>
Matcha tea causes irreversible damage to the brain stem.
>>
>>7706922
>someone on facebook told me
>>
File: GWEEN TEA.jpg (49 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
GWEEN TEA.jpg
49 KB, 1280x720
>>
File: cowfee.png (277 KB, 377x496) Image search: [Google]
cowfee.png
277 KB, 377x496
>>7706960
>>
File: 45345454.jpg (36 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
45345454.jpg
36 KB, 500x375
>>7706919
You could possibly do it with a normal metal one, never tried. But why not buy a wooden whisk? It's fun to use and it looks cool. It'll make people think you're a green tea connoisseur.
>>
>>7706608

Isn't this literally instant tea tier? Why is it garbage when Lipton does it but SO KAWAII >(^_-)> when Japan does
>>
File: matcha cheesecake.jpg (68 KB, 488x493) Image search: [Google]
matcha cheesecake.jpg
68 KB, 488x493
Tasty isn't the best, but they recently posted a Matcha Cheesecake recipe that looks like it's worth a try.
>>
>>7708994
What?
>>
>>7706608
I tend to just chug the powder straight in the morning. Fill a shot glass with it and you're set for the day.
>>
File: tea-master.jpg (23 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
tea-master.jpg
23 KB, 600x350
>>7706608
1. White chocolate matcha flavoured
2. Milkshake
3. Icecream
4. Ochazuke
5. Matcha+dashi powder+linseed oil+raw egg yolk = cold noodle sauce
6. Matcha Dango
7. Matcha Mochi
8. Matcha pudding
9. Azuki Matcha Yokan
10. Matcha Sponge Cake
>>
File: meanwhile_in_japan.gif (814 KB, 160x260) Image search: [Google]
meanwhile_in_japan.gif
814 KB, 160x260
>>7708994
>>7708994
It's a 1400 year old Chinese method of tea preparation which survives mostly in Japan today. Just powdered tea leaf, nothing added or removed. Instant tastes like shit in comparison.
>>
>>7710766
Also worth adding that low quality tea produces undrinkable matcha.
>>
>>7708994
its the difference between dehydrated tea (tea fannings steeped then the liquid dried into powder) and ground actual leaves. Huge difference. Theres ground beef, beef stock, and beef bouillon cubes. matcha is like ground beef, tea is like beef stock, instant tea is like bouillon cubes but worse because its made from the lowest quality beef they could find...like bouillon cubes made from alpo
>>
You can add it to like any baked good.
>>
I ordered some cheap matcha off eBay for 99p, a sample of 5g. It was breddy gud but not all of it dissolved properly and it had quite a weak taste.

Is it worth it to spend more for 'premium' or 'ceremonial grade' matcha?

Any difference between

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JAPANESE-style-Matcha-Green-Tea-Powder-CEREMONIAL-TOP-GRADE-Certified-ORGANIC-/322121082649

and

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100-PURE-GRADE-A1-JAPANESE-ORGANIC-MATCHA-GREEN-TEA-POWDER-UK-SELLER/141771785345

?
>>
>>7706608
I have an idea. How about you stop falling for weeaboo, wapanese ass memes and letting slant-eye Japs Jew you out of your money by selling you instant tea in a fancy tin for 100x the price. There's a reason why we bombed those chinks and their coinslot-eyed asses. Fucking chinks and gooks can't even open their damn eyes and you wonder why they are bad drivers? You'd think in fucking China where women are not allowed to exist, there would be good drivers, but they are sleeping behind the fucking wheel. They probably have such a hard time reading their fucking ching chong hieroglyphics that they're born squinting. Ching chong ding dong ping pong ling wong teriyaki Ulaanbaatar. Useless race.
>>
>>7716431
I'm drunk too, but I think you clicked in the wrong thread, meet us over here

>>7716058
>>
>>7710458
right?
>>
>>7706960
I would gween her tea, if you know what I mean
>>
>>7716462
I see the same unoriginal comment in every thread.
>>
>>7708994
Idk anyting about matcha tea except for that it tastes good, but considering how expensive it is it can't be Lipton-tier.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.