[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some easy vegan meals to prepare?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 14
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 325x219) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 325x219
What are some easy vegan meals to prepare?
>>
>>7705181

just eat a bowl of sugar with a spoon

super easy 100% vegan and lots of calories
>>
>>7705192
Could you suggest some vegan spoon brands
>>
>>7705210
The wooden spoon your mother used to paddle you with.
>>
>>7705181
I almost lost my breath laughing when that news first came out.
>>
>>7705181
buy a bag of bird seed and eat that shit.
>>
>>7705229
>denying other animals food
>>
>>7705222
That's probably because you're a fat sack of shit

Should probably shove more butter down your mouth and make sure you actually lose your breath entirely next time
>>
>>7705235
>Climb mountain with significant death risk
>Expect people to feel sorry about them when they die
Mt. Everest climbing is a dirty business that's an ego-booster for rich people, I ain't saying good riddance but you get what you set yourself up for.
>>
>>7705235
You seem like a really irritable person.
>>
Mostly vegetarian here (for cultural reasons, not because I'm some tree-hugging fucknut).

Tonight, for example, I'm making plov which would be vegan if not for the butter, so if you're an idiot vegan, you can make it with margarine instead.

For one, meal-sized portion or two side-dish sized ones:

carrot, 1 large
onion, 1 medium/medium-small
butter, 1tbsp
salt, as necessary
water, as needed
caraway, 1tbsp of seeds
cumin, 2tbsp of seed
par-cooked rice, 1 cup
>NOT parboiled; I mean rice that you boil then drain when it's just under desired doneness then rinse under cold, running water until the water passing through it runs clear
strong veg stock, quarter cup
dill and/or parsley, a handful fresh or heavy pinch dry

Wash, peel and shred the carrot.
Thinly slice the onion.
Place carrot, onion and butter into a pan, salt generously and set to high heat.
When fragrant, sauté about until the onion starts to turn translucent, then add water to just barely cover and allow to cook down; meanwhile, toast and powder the caraway and cumin.
When the water reduces back out, sauté about until it starts to blond, then add water to just barely cover and allow to cook down.
When the water reduces back out, sauté about until it starts to brown, then add water to just barely cover and allow to cook down.
Add the powdered spices.
Shake rice of all excess liquid, then add and stir about to mix through with the carrot mixture.
Add the veg stock, stir to combine, and lid the pan.
Place your hand on the lid and when it gets too hot to keep your hand there comfortably, off the heat and allow to steam the rice through, about 10 minutes.
Remove the lid and stir in the dill and/or parsley as you fluff, then serve.

Again, if you're a faggot IE vegan, use margarine or oil instead of butter.
>>
File: wnliwv7.png (508 KB, 619x909) Image search: [Google]
wnliwv7.png
508 KB, 619x909
their diet gets them sooner or later one way or another
>>
Falafel burgers, I guess.
>>
>>7705253
You ARE a really irritable person
>>
>>7705314
>clickbait shit that isn't even true
>>
>>7705314
You know what I really hate about this shit, these head lines? If you lived forever, but didn't really have regenerative abilities beyond a normal human, you would get cancer eventually; it's a fucking inevitability for the entirety human population, most people just die of other shit first.
>>
>>7705434
>most people just die of other shit first
Not really. My mother works on a geriatric ward and says most of her patients die because of cancer.
>>
>>7705434
We'll cure it one day.
>>
people die all the time on everest
>nonchalantly read news article
>hang on this bitch was a VEGAN
>holy shit stop the presses!
>Better get my shitposting crew together and flog this on /ck/
not even a vegan, just fucking kys
>>
>>7706730
>>
>>7706590
>not even a vegan
lol
>>
>>7705181
Do I hear the subtle sarcasm in "last leg"? Maybe if she ate that guy who looks completely weak she'd still be at University teaching
>>
>>7706477
Why? Why? Don't you see all the traffic out there?
>>
>>7706476

Going to need you to take two steps back and apply some critical thinking
>>
I'm pretty sure her dying had nothing to do with her being vegan or not.
>>
>>7707019
Yup, plenty of people die on Everest.
>>
>>7707019
>>7707024
VIDF out in full force
>>
-a 12 gauge buckshot cartridge
-a few .22 long rifle rounds
-a 9mm parabelum
-a standard 5.56 rifle bullet

the perfect meals for any practicing or aspiring vegan
>>
>>7705181
bullet to the brain
>>
>>7707028
Nope, just stating a fact.
>>
>>7707019
Then what would any success prove about her being vegan or not?
>>
>>7707028
4 people have died in the last 4 days, 3 of them not vegan

Although I thought it was hilarious she thought climbing Kilimanjaro made her a climbing expert

I've climbed Kilimanjaro and while it is no cakewalk it is 7 thousand feet shorter and a nice gentle slope you could fucking drive to the top if it were legal
>>
snow is another good vegan meal, ice too.

>capcha was select images of trees
>>
>>7705181
ITT: Neckbeards who struggle to climb up the stairs mock the death of a woman brave enough to climb Everest.
I don't care about her lifestyle choices, she achieved more than 99% of this board will ever in their lives.
>>
>>7707065
I live upstairs, fridge is downstairs, you figure it out.
>>
File: 2irritant.jpg (22 KB, 265x300) Image search: [Google]
2irritant.jpg
22 KB, 265x300
>>7707067
Still gotta get back up there, fatty.
>>
>>7707072
the point is I'm pretty damn good at climbing stairs.
>>
>>7705181
Grass. It's 100% natural. Just go out and chew it with your blunt vegan teeth.

You can't digest it, but you can't digest half the shit vegans eat anyway.
>>
>>7705250
>ego-booster for rich people
Yup.
> I CLIMBEDED THE HIGHEST MOUNTAIN!
> KING OF THUH WURLD!

If you want something to brag about, climb K2. It's only the second-highest, but it's way harder. IIRC, it's got about a 60% survival rate.
>>
did this need another thread?
>>
>>7706590
The point is that the person did that while explicitly saying that she's doing it because she's vegan, so that she can show how vegans are as good as or better than other people. Then she fails.
You have to admit that there's a certain kind of irony there, won't you?
>>
>>7707550
I fail to see how that is at all ferrous.
>>
>>7707550
I think she died from lack of irony though.
>>
File: 1456321217716.jpg (20 KB, 500x367) Image search: [Google]
1456321217716.jpg
20 KB, 500x367
>>7707558
>>
File: sweet-potato.png (794 KB, 985x692) Image search: [Google]
sweet-potato.png
794 KB, 985x692
You're delusional if you seriously think that a properly done vegan diet is unhealthy, and this is coming from someone who slaughters his own animals and makes sure to have eggs, dairy or meat at every single meal.
>legumes
>vegetables
>nuts
>fruit
>wholegrains
>tubers
What's wrong with these?
>>
>>7707686
Full of antinutrients and carbs that spike your blood sugar and give you diabetes. Just terrible when there are much healthier alternatives like deep fried pork chops in cream sauce with a side of scrambled eggs
>>
>>7705314
""""""""""could""""""""""
>>
>>7707686
The funny thing is that an Indian vegan already climbed the summit and returned alive. This case is just interesting because they set up a goal that was totally doable, just to prove a rather vague point, but still failed at it.
>>
>>7707686
>properly done
>vegan diet

I lack the intensity and motivation to spell out why these words put together are complete shit-tardery, but I'm going to assume you've been here long enough to know all the arguments anyways. just do me a favor and stop. nobody likes it when you get like this.
>>
>>7707717
I know the indian vegan you speak of, but in actuality, he ate an entire goat before making his trip.
>>
>>7707727
I don't understand you. I said 'properly done' because plenty of junk food is vegan
>>
>>7707064
Make sure you give them yellow snow.
>>
>>7707736
where is this junk food talk coming from? you mentioned a vegan diet being properly done. this is what I'm talking about. you always get like this.
>>
File: 179704376.jpg (190 KB, 590x391) Image search: [Google]
179704376.jpg
190 KB, 590x391
>>7707065
Nowadays, Mount Everest is so climbable that there's a literal fucking line up the slope. The only people who fail are chronically weak, sick, or incredibly unprepared.
>>
>>7707767
I think we're misunderstanding each other. How about we just let this go?
>>
>>7705192
Sugar is NOT vegan. Bone char is used to bleach sugar.
>>
>>7707767
a proper vegan diet has all the vitamins and macronutrients you need except B12. There's no reason you can't be considered healthy on a vegan diet

Now you DO have to do some fairly extreme things to have the hemoglobin levels of a meat eater and it will be hard to be a bodybuilder on a vegan diet, but unless you are an athlete or an old woman you will be fine as long as you pay attention to things like getting complete protein sources

Not a vegan by the way
>>
>>7707798
Not all sugar
>>
>>7707791
I am not the one you are arguing pointlessly with, but a "properly done" vegan diet is impossible, or it just turns into supplementarian rather than vegan.

The vegan diet lacks vitamin B-12 which must be supplemented artificially, and very low on fats and essential minerals such as calcium, iron and zinc. In order to keep this cycle going, the human body simply resorts to self-cannibalism by atrophy. Skin becomes brittle and covered in fine hairs because the body re-extracts collagen for dietary fat. Muscle atrophies as B12 is extracted. Liver and kidney function ironically becomes reduced as vitamin A is extracted. Calcium is extracted from your own bones. Iron is relentlessly recycled, but heaven help you if you lose any blood, and eventually iron is discarded through defecation (it is what gives shit its brown colour). Ordinarily, assuming you were never vegan prior to going vegan, a vegan human being could live up to 10-20 years essentially supplementing themselves off their body, but it's a very miserable decade or so.

There is also the problem of sodium poisoning and water poisoning - you see, salt is normally not very harmful to the human body. The commonly known RDI of salt is something like 1/3 of what your body normally requires. However, salt is very important for the breakdown of phytotoxins (toxins plants produce to prevent being eaten) - which is why salt licks and salt supplements are very important for herbivores. To have a healthy vegan diet that actually involves vegetables, you have to consume massive massive amounts of salt. The more vegetables you eat, the more salt you consume, the more water you consume, the more pressure this puts on your endocrine system...

Essentially speaking, a vegan diet is a first world bullshit scheme that is fundamentally unsustainable.
>>
>>7707816
Yes all sugar, depending on the point of view your veganism stems from. Brown sugar is just white sugar with the molasses added back in, and even if raw sugar is obtainable in the area, some vegans may object to sugar being sourced from the same factory that produces the other stuff, because they feel they are funding and perpetuating that industry. It's why vegans insist on using stevia and agave nectar and all that other bullshit.

>>7707807
>or an old woman
Actually, a post-menopausal woman would have far less problems with a vegan diet than a woman who has an actual menstrual cycle to deal with.
>>
How do you know if someone is vegan?

They will fucking tell you.
Again
And again
And again
>>
>>7707844
I just meant a generically frail person but yeah that makes sense too
>>
>>7707844
No, its not all sugar. You do not know the industrial process of every single sugar manufacturer
>>
>>7707853
Wow what an original comment, upboat xDDd

Kill yourself you worthless fat sack of fucking shit
>>
File: gtfo.jpg (105 KB, 359x391) Image search: [Google]
gtfo.jpg
105 KB, 359x391
>>7707853
Gettin real sick of this shit
>>
tfw feel like a dirty vegan when I buy non-dairy sour cream and almond milk

kill me
>>
>>7707881
those are some fucked up looking goalposts you're trying to erect.
>>
>>7707710
>antinutrients
>carbs that spike your blood sugar
>carbs give you diabetes

>he fell for the paleo meme
>>
>>7707927
Almond milk is good for you m8
it's okay to eat "unnatural" foods; fortified almond milk will give you a lot of what you would lack otherwise
>>
>>7707835
>The commonly known RDI of salt is something like 1/3 of what your body normally requires.

This bit here stands out from the rest of your bullshit as a piece of next level incredible bullshit. Your body needs salt to function, yes, but the amount it needs is so incredibly small that you can get all the salt you would ever need from what occurs naturally in the food you eat.

Your body spent a very, very long time evolving and at no point during all that time did it have access to salt shakers. The RDI of salt is around 2000mg a day, right? You're saying that our bodies require 6000mg of salt a day? Even if you ate nothing but frozen pizza, you'd struggle to get that much.
>>
>>7705314
Literally everything causes cancer, I don't know why people still freak out about this unless they're using motor oil for body lotion or something.
>>
>>7707963
He's right though, the retard is you for blanket claiming white sugar is filtered with bone char.
>>
>>7708056

Did you even finish reading the post that anon made?
>>
File: 1463919396880.jpg (101 KB, 600x567) Image search: [Google]
1463919396880.jpg
101 KB, 600x567
>>7707925
>>7707884

>triggered little pussy vegans
>>
>>7708089

Yeah, he said that the more vegetables you eat, the more salt you have to eat to "breakdown" the "phytotoxins" and he implies that the only way to be healthy while eating lots of vegetables is to eat 3x the normal RDI of sodium.

Did you even finish reading my post? How is it that your body "requires" ANY amount of added salt when it evolved eating nothing but what occurred naturally?
>>
File: tips country music award.jpg (34 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
tips country music award.jpg
34 KB, 600x800
>>7708095
>le triggered meme

keep going buddy this thread isn't reddit enough for my tastes
>>
>>7705181
Easy, op!

open a package of cauliflower. Place it on a plate. Now you have cauliflower fr dinner! fucking vegan like a pro!
>>
an apple
>>
>>7705181
gluten free water
>>
Activated ice cubes
>>
>>7707844
In Australia, bone char is never used in sugar processing. So not all sugar.
>>
>>7705181
Oreos. Open package, take oreos, stuff in mouth.
>>
>>7707784
>nowadays everest is so climable

You do realize that people have gone up recently for the first time in a few years because of horrific weather? It's literally getting harder
>>
File: How dare you insult M'lady.png (109 KB, 181x262) Image search: [Google]
How dare you insult M'lady.png
109 KB, 181x262
>>7707065
Valiant reply, good sir!
>>
>>7707784
Or female vegan urbanites....
>>
Shepherd's pie with tempeh instead of meat is good
>>
>>7707065
>brave enough
Enough of an asshole, you mean. Everest is buried under a fucking mountain of trash and dead bodies thanks to these eco-unfriendly pricks. Jesus Christ, why are vegans such assholes?

"I'm living the kind lifestyle! FUCK the planet, but at least I get to feel smug and superior for not eating cute widdle cows'n'piggies."

Eat a gallon of dicks.
>>
>>7710092
ah yes because nothing says fuck the planet like eating a diet contributing to deforestation, climate change, & drought...oh wait that's meat eater logic
>>
>>7710096
>buh-but look what OTHER people are doing! That means I'm not a hypocrite!
It's like listening to a religious fanatic attempt to justify all the shitty things they do in the name of their faith. Actually, it's not LIKE that at all. You need to give up your 21st-century religion. At least replace it with something that's got staying power. I hear the Baha'i are pretty nice.
>>
>>7710100
Ironically most people climbing and littering on everest are meat eaters.
I actively pick up trash when I go out, have the most eco friendly diet, and recycle. Nice try tho.
You don't have anything besides hurr durr casting aspersions bc too lazy to actually make a difference.
>>
File: kentucky-blue-grass-lawn-2.jpg (3 MB, 4608x3072) Image search: [Google]
kentucky-blue-grass-lawn-2.jpg
3 MB, 4608x3072
>>7705181

It's called lawn. Doesnt get easier than this.
>>
>>7705235
>butthurt vegetable detected
>>
>not a single recipe in this thread
>>
>>7707784
>The only people who fail are chronically weak

Like vegans? Yeah we know.
>>
>>7707076
>2011
>still at home neet
>could run up and down the stairs and across the house without making a sound
>now I'm out on my own and stomp like an elephant

I miss my ability.
>>
>>7710208

Grab some rice. Grab some mixed veggies. Cook them together in the microwave/stove/however you feel like doing it.

Grab ranch dressing, apply as much or little as you want. Apply seasoning salt, chili powder for flavor.

Quick, easy, and fairly filling if you're poor like me.
>>
>>7707784
canonically untrue.
despite the popularity of the climb, everest remains one of the most lethal peaks in the scene.
If anything, the increased popularity has fostered the appearance of ease, and attracted more climbers not suited to the difficulty.
>>
>>7707963
you advanced the claim; lets see some evidence.
>>
File: 1454200284701.gif (3 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1454200284701.gif
3 MB, 200x150
>>7708142
Is it reddit enough for you yet, friendo?
>>
Chickpea stew

Sautee a can of chickpeas with olive oil, cumin, coriander, paprika, and of course, salt. Once they're getting browned, add a small can of tomato paste and more cumin/coriander, along with some water. Simmer until liquid reduces and the tomatoey paste is fragrant. Serve over rice.

You absolute faggot.
>>
>>7710781
>canned shit with more canned shit
I ate something similar a few weeks ago and it was vile.
>>
>>7705262
Tl;dr

You're a fagggot
>>
>>7710910
Do it with fresh homemade tomato paste and get chickpeas that aren't canned (good luck unless you farm them or live in a fuckhuge liberal city full of hippie vegans)

Both of those ingredients are pretty much universally sold in cans, fuck yourself
>>
>>7710967
>refuses to read the only recipe in a troll thread trollingly asking for recipes in the trolliest way possible
Well then.
>>
>>7707807
But vegangains told me meat makes it harder to build muscle
>>
>>7710267

Everest is an easy climb for actual mountain climbers because it's not a technical climb, and you can pretty much just walk up the thing.

Noobs hear that and think it's a good idea to try, because they don't realize that even walking up a mountain with kit is still a fucking ass kicker if you don't have the experience, and aren't in "mountain" shape physically. Toss in the shitty weather, lack of oxygen, guides willing to take any asshole that throw enough money at them, and it's not hard to understand why that rock kills people damn near every year.
>>
>>7710106
>Ironically most people climbing and littering on everest are meat eaters.
>Ironically most people climbing everest are meat eaters.
>Ironically most people climbing are meat eaters.
>Ironically most people are meat eaters.
>most people are meat eaters.
>>
>>7706779
>overpopulation meme
I thought this died in the 90s.
>>
>>7705181
kys
>>
>>7705181
Oxygen Bar Snow Pie
>>
>>7707686
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1371172/French-vegan-couple-face-jail-child-neglect-baby-died-vitamin-deficiency.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2036671/Vegan-couple-serve-life-sentences-starving-baby-death-extreme-diet.html
Two babies dead because of vegan meme diets. How many more?
>>
Easy vegan meal ::::

Boil potatos.

For the sauce heat sieved tomatoes add one or two spoons of peanut paste, paprika powder, chili powder, salt mix dip in with da potatoes very delicious
>>
>>7705181
Can the Nepalese government fine her for littering the mountain with her dead body?
I hope so.
>>
>>7711320
He was on less than 100 calories, it doesn't matter if those are vegan or carnivore calories you're going to die either way
>>
>>7707853
HAHA epic meme my brethren! BACON amirite?
>>
>>7710163
>all vegetables are grass
How fat are you?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/user/thevegancorner/

My vegan friend really like that channel, and I've tried a few recipes and they're pretty easy.

If you want to get swole then you can follow this menu that I stole from some magazine.

Breakfast
* 3 slices of bread
* Peanut butter 60g
* Fortified soy drink 3dl

Snack
* 1 apple
* 60g almond butter

Lunch
* Pot of beans. 80g kidney beans (uncooked weight)
* Corn 100g
* Vegetables

Pre workout
* Cashew nuts 50g
* Soygurt 3dl

Post workout
* Soy protein 50 g

Dinner
* Rice 100g (uncooked weight)
* Pot of lentils 80g (uncooked weight)
* Vegetables

Evening meal
* Oatmeal with 80g oats
* Soy drink 3dl
* 1 apple

This apparently amounts to 158g of protein. Beans and lentil are great because you can flavour and prepare it in so many different ways, and you just leave it on the stove and let it take care of itself.
>>
>>7705181
nice respiratory system you got there vegans
>>
File: 1457713218067.jpg (235 KB, 639x418) Image search: [Google]
1457713218067.jpg
235 KB, 639x418
>vegans
>>
>>7705181
I like roasted whole vegan, the problem is you have to build a fire outside to do it right.

But it's pretty simple - find a vegan, gut it, skin it, put an olive oil salt and pepper rub on it, thread it on a rotating spit, roast it over a fire for 10 hours or so?

Might want to do it in a private location, vegans are a protected species and someone might call the authorities.
>>
>>7707784
>The only people who fail are chronically weak, sick, or incredibly unprepared.

and the vegans. don't forget those losers.
>>
>>7714512
>nail

probably actually scratched his chin on jamal's pubic hair
>>
>>7714512
Fugging gross desu senpai, he (it) looks like dobby
But how do you know it's vegan?
>>
>>7706476
>>Implying every person dies in a geriatric ward.
No one dies elsewhere. Ever
>>
>>7714512
was waiting for this gremlin
>>
>>7705235

Shoving cucumbers up your ass does not make you a gardener.
>>
>>7710208

Most vegans/vegetarians are just very picky eaters that found a way to lord it over other people.
>>
>>7705235
Jesus christ that was vicious
>>
>>7710267
>incredibly unprepared
I covered this
>>
>>7716787

Vicious hurtbutt.
>>
>>7705181
>Start compost heap
>Eat compost
>?????
>Profit?
>>
>>7707925
I know right, all these vegan hipster leftist fuckwits should stay on rebbit or lay off the hormone replacements.
>>
>>7705181
Bleach and acetone.
Works wonders.
>>
>>7717146
>hormone replacements
>eats hormonally induced animal flesh

why are meat eaters such fucking cucks
>>
I usually make green pea nuggets when I'm in a hurry.

Just heat up up some green peas and mix them using a stick blender until desired consistence. Add a bit of lemon juice, a garlic clove, sambal oelek and salt to taste. Heat on the stove in a skillet or in the oven until they get a nice coloured crust.
>>
I prefer not being a faggot
Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.