[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm having a lapse in creativity. I've got like 4 lbs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (145 KB, 1600x1063) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145 KB, 1600x1063
I'm having a lapse in creativity. I've got like 4 lbs of drumsticks and i want to do something interesting with them other than adobo or frying them. Ideas me.
>>
>>7705107
>like 4 lbs of drumsticks
>like
Oh Dear.
>>
>>7705107
Pretend they're overgrown chicken wings.

Prepare accordingly.
>>
>>7705111
what?

>>7705116
are you making a joke or just telling me to make not-wings
>>
>>7705107
chicken soup, baked with lemon, cut the meat off and use it in anything like alfredo or marsala

or just make adobo or fry it, both delicious. Try frying it with a different seasoning or marinate it first. Do you make your adobo with lower salt soy sauce, vinegar. garlic and bay leaves? If not try it!
>>
>>7705822
bake with bbq sauce, covered dish so it steams up real good then finish under broiler to caramelize bbq sauce. or grill them.
>>
>>7705124
Shut up
>>
>>7705107

I do mine in a crock pot on low for 6 hours... find a dry rub recipe.. like a bbq dry rub or a lemon pepper dry rub and put that on the chicken before hand.

I like to peel the skin back, rub the rub directly into the meat, and then put the skin back in place.

when they come out you can toss them on a greased pan and broil them to get the skin a little more crispy.

tasty food, yes sireee bob.
>>
>>7705107
You have a grill? I always like to do em low and slow on there. I do a tossem in a little mustard, BBQ rub, worchester shire and applecider vinegar then throw em for a few hours pretty dank
>>
I like to make sexy sous vide drumsticks.

The recipe is kinda complex but basically you put each drumstick inside a condom (raspberry flavor is a big favorite, DO NOT use spermicide ones) and simmer them until done.

Serve with white rice and carrots.
>>
>>7705981

You can pretty much boil anything inside of a raspberry condom.

Sous vide is THE BEST.
>>
>>7705107
Braising is great for chicken legs. Try coq au vin.
>>
>>7705107
Quarter potatoes and one lemon and put in an oven dish, add some rosemary and olive oil; salt & pepper the chicken, put slices of a second lemon on it. Bake at 350 for 45min to an hour.
>>
>>7707196

did he just say cock oven
>>
>>7708154
aka pussy hole.
>>
File: IMG_20141127_123216_129.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20141127_123216_129.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
Salt and herb cure in the fridge overnight. Rinse thoroughly and then pat dry. Confit in duck fat/lard/shmaltz (whatever your fat of choice is) at 200 degrees for five hours. Remove from fat and roll around on a hot cast iron to brown and crisp skin. The nice thing about doing a confit is that you can cook up all of your chicken pieces at once and then leave them in the congealed fat in the fridge for a month and pull pieces out to eat as needed.
>>
>>7705116
I remember when I was first learning to cook and thought I was being smart doing this.

Wings work because theres a small amount of meat compared to the sauce. Drumsticks do not work.
>>
>>7709170
oh shit this wins
>>
>>7707196
Ive done filipino adobo the two last times I had drumsticks. I guess Im trying to do something other than braise.
>>
>>7705107
What recipe you like for adobo, OP?
>>
>>7709327
Filipino? white vinegar, soy sauce, peppercorns, bay leaf and crushed garlic. At least an hour marinated and then braised in the marinade. I heat and reduce the sauce but because my girlfriend is a pussy about spice at all, I strain the sauce of the peppercorns but return the bay leaf and the garlic that I toss the jasmine rice in.
>>
>>7709336
that I then*
>>
>>7709336
Man I fucked that all up. The sauce reduces as it braises the chicken obviously. Then I strain that, and then that gets tossed in the rice. Fuck.
>>
>>7709199
Buffalo drumsticks are fantastic. Remember to leave the skin on and not overcook.
>>
>>7705822
Have you tried cutting the meat off a raw drumstick? Shit's impossible
>>
>>7705116
This is bad advice. As an experiment I made fried legs with my vietnamese habanero-honey-pineapple glaze that I use for wings. It wasn't very good. My advice is to stick to the grill.
>>
File: p1060059.jpg (4 MB, 3776x2520) Image search: [Google]
p1060059.jpg
4 MB, 3776x2520
doro wat.
>>
>>7709557
you have bad knives
don't forget to use the bones for stock
>>
>>7709557
get a decent knife?
>>
>>7709557
here's an idea: cook them first.
>>
File: szege-chicken-rub.jpg (35 KB, 512x480) Image search: [Google]
szege-chicken-rub.jpg
35 KB, 512x480
I honestly just toss em in olive oil and some of this shit, let em sit for a bit then throw em in the oven for about half an hour, it's good when you're lazy
>>
>>7705107
pull the meat off them by hand skin included...cook it in a pan season that shit with whatever you want then once its cooked tear it into tiny strips or pieces and put it into buns and enjoy...
>>
>>7709557

negative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfY0lrdXar8
>>
Make Peanut-Chicken

Brown the chicken parts on medium-high heat, remove. Add chopped onions to the pot and sautee for some time. Now add tomato puree and chicken broth or water, add coriander seeds. Put the chicken back in and let it simmer until the chicken is easy to remove from the bone. Shred the chicken into small chunks, remove skin if you like. Add some peanut butter and stir, let the dish thicken. Spice with large amount of black pepper. The dish should feel pepperty. Roast some peanuts and sprinkle together with some cilantro
>>
File: 1458797414412.png (444 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1458797414412.png
444 KB, 800x600
>>7711203
>ripping the body of an animal to pieces with your bear hands

Fucking disgusting. Imagine doing this to any other animal. If you did this to a cat people would put you into a mental institution.
>>
>>7711309
0/10
>>
>>7705107
make apricot chicken
>>
>>7705107
you could confit them. Once they're in that state you can bag them individually with a few spoons of the fat you cooked them and freeze them for the future. Just pull one out the night before you want to eat it and then use it for tacos, hash, etc, or just broil until the skin is crispy and eat.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.