[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Instant ramen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7
Hey /ck/, so i have some instant ramen in my house and i was wondering if there was anything simple i could do with pretty basic ingredients to improve it.
>pic related
Also general instant ramen thread
>>
File: image.png (121 KB, 306x360) Image search: [Google]
image.png
121 KB, 306x360
>>7701800
Hi, anyone have the cup noodle can template?
>>
Dont go to buzzfeed for ramen ideas cause one time i made this ramen grilled cheese and afterwards it gave me 4 assholes and i havent trusted those fuckboys since
>>
>>7701800

Just squirt in a little ponzu, fish sauce, and sriracha
>>
Guys....why does cup noodle have a better flavor than Top Ramen?
>>
I really like chicken ramen with a splash of sesame oil in it to finish. Love that brothy goodness, and at like $2.50 a 12 pack, its a frugal delight.
>>
File: 1310142518938.jpg (701 KB, 1000x2900) Image search: [Google]
1310142518938.jpg
701 KB, 1000x2900
>>
File: 1240142518938.png (104 KB, 1211x604) Image search: [Google]
1240142518938.png
104 KB, 1211x604
>>
File: teriyaki beef.jpg (46 KB, 425x363) Image search: [Google]
teriyaki beef.jpg
46 KB, 425x363
I work at a grocery store and since I make like 0 dollars I eat this shit all the time

I can say without a doubt the Nissin Teriyaki Yakisoba* is my favorite. It's a (relatively) giant package and I can get 2 for $.95 cents. Then at the start of the week I'll buy frozen vegetables and keep them in the break room fridge and toss them in before I cook it

chicken teriyaki is also bretty good, low tier would be the instant cup noodles

*fuck you nissin it's not chow mein you're a japanese company for christ's sake
>>
Drain noodles then fry in a wok with butter, add eggs, some meat. Top with furikake and Kewpie mayo. Okonomiyaki sauce optional.
>>
File: goota.jpg (133 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
goota.jpg
133 KB, 640x640
>>
>>7701800
I find they're better if they're boiled until they're just not crunchy, and not any longer. Also, when it's still a brick, break it along here. It gives you three sets of shorter noodles that are way easier to manage.
For fillers, I'd recommend onion (don't just boil it, fry it in the bottom of the pot first until it gets some color, then you can boil water on top of it) and hotdogs and egg. Not the egg drop soup kind of egg where you stir it in, but like a boiled egg.

>start pot
>fuck up some onions in it
>add water
>wait 'til it boils
>crack egg and drop gently into boiling water
>let it cook for 4 minutes
>add in sliced hot dog
>break brick of ramen
>put it in the boiling water awesome

that's going overboard though, I never do more than one of those.
>>
File: never eat again.jpg (1 MB, 1336x4460) Image search: [Google]
never eat again.jpg
1 MB, 1336x4460
here you go
>>
>>7701800
Ramen frozen veggies and canned Mackerel, my dinner.
>>
>>7701800
Throw away the seasoning packet.
Saute veggies in garlic, sesame oil, ginger etc.
Boil noodles.
Drain noodles.
Toss in pan of veggies.
Pour in bowl.
Eat.
>>
>>7702012
Scallions, chili flakes and an egg are pretty much the best, easiest way to make shitty ramen suddenly be super edible.
>>
They're fucking noodles I don't get what the big fucking idea is

Also, they're not even all that cheap you can get a pound of pasta for like a dollar
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.