[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Easy healthy foods to make? I'll start Avocado toast
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 16
File: avocado toast.jpg (56 KB, 600x479) Image search: [Google]
avocado toast.jpg
56 KB, 600x479
Easy healthy foods to make?

I'll start

Avocado toast

It's super easy to make, very easy to make tasty (add egg, proper seasonings, lime juice, olive oil, different types of bread, tomato, peppers, onion, make it a sandwich!) and is quite healthy.
>>
I hate avocado.
I work at a sandwich shop. Avocado is the worst thing to put on sandwiches. It slips, slides, never looks appetizing, and goes with nothing. I had a customer get a meatball sub with everything plus avocado.

Fucking disgusting.
>>
>>7699701

You're a loser, and probably also a liar if you think avocado doesn't go with anything and is in some way difficult to add to a sandwich. Maybe you just work at a shitty sandwich shop where they don't train you properly.
>>
hm I tend to eat pretty healthy and most of the stuff takes prep but I know a lot of snacks that are pretty good for you and are easy to make

I'll add more as I think of them, but here's one

slice up a banana, put some peanutbutter on each slice, and then put the slices in the freezer for like 5-15 minutes. Once they are very cold, they taste like little ice banana/pb flavored ice cream chunks
>>
>>7699701
>slips, slides, never looks appetizing, and goes with nothing
Sure, when you're scooping it out of a fucking bin at Subway. Fuck off, Mr. "Sandwich Shop".
>>
>>7699694
Eggs and toast.
>>
>>7699703
I will attest to avocado's slipperiness and the ease with which it slides off a sandwich,
>>
>>7699723

Maybe if you're putting big chunks between the lettuce and tomato. It should be thin slices, slightly pressed into the top piece of bread. An average sized sandwich usually takes a quarter avocado, where a foot long sub might use half.
>>
Well yeah, putting things on a toast is easy, but it barely qualifies as "making food", let alone cooking.
Most healthy cooking very easy to pull off, you just need to know the right proportions for the ingredients and tastes. Pasta and rice dishes tend to be very easy and a lot of them you can just cook in a single pot by cooking your veg with your starch, maybe adding a small portion of lean meat or fish along the way.
Potatoes are simplest of them all since they already contain the water needed to gelatinize the starch, so just heat them in any way you see fit and they'll be good as your staple. Microwave and oven are popular of course
>>
File: 0522160209.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
0522160209.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
Mmmmmm
>>
>>7699694
bacon, i have never seen anyone fuck up bacon
it must be why its so poppular with food yuppies
>>
Man, I fucking love avocado.

I should go buy some.
>>
>>7699775
its good burnt, and undercooked
>>
>>7699763
Way to burn the toast tard boy
>>
Meh
>>
>>7699703
no hes right about the slippy slide thing. at least compared to other ingredients. the real thing that makes a sandiwch a drip mess though are too many condiments and moisture. desu I think avacados are amazing but I can see why someone would get irritated with them at work. they brown fast, they require practice to prep fast and perfectly, and everyone wants them.
>>
>>7699806

>and everyone wants them

So you should be going through them quickly and get used to dealing with them just like anything else. The only real issue is when you get in an order and they aren't ripe.

Yeah, they're going to be messy if you put them on a toasted sandwich or a burger with 8 other ingredients, but that's for the customer to deal with.
>>
>>7699701
Avocado goes with chicken, moron
>>
>>7699694
Avocado toast is the most discusting meme food I have ever eaten. Shit is nasty
>>
I notice when the avocado smooshes out or slides of of my food it still remains delicious even if it's new vehicle will now be your tongue, fingers, or fork instead of some kind of sandwhich. It's a good issue to have considering.
>>
>>7699734

avo between the onions and top bread fool
>>
>bread
>healthy

no
>>
>>7699694
I worked with some filipino guy that would mash avocados in a bowl and mix it with milk and sugar then stir and eat
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (147 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
147 KB, 1000x1000
>>7699937
This, at best bread is 'okay' but most of the storebought stuff has too much sugar, salt and vegetable oils

Some easy healthy foods:
>sardines out the can
>legumes
>oats, quinoa, buckwheat
>steamed vegetables
>yogurt
>sweet potato
I could go on but you get the idea
>>
>>7699694
White bread with fat fruit on top makes healthy eating? What kind of logic is that?
>>
>>7700940

I just had sardines for the first time in my life a few weeks ago, and I was shocked at how not-fishy they smelled and tasted. I expected canned tuna, but even stronger. What I got was canned tuna, but not as strong.
>>
>>7699694

i like avocado and tomato but slicing them in a sandwich is an exercise in poor decision-making. you know avocado can be spread instead, right? put some sprouts on top for traction/cushion.
>>
>>7700975
Are you pretending to not notice that is seeded wheat? Are you pretending the fat derived from avocado isn't good for you? Did you accrue all your nutritional knowledge in the 80s?
>>
>>7700978
Weird, most people think the other way around.
Hopefully you like them and make them a regular addition to your diet. They're cheap, convenient, tasty and incredibly good for you
>>
File: 0006.png (25 KB, 324x166) Image search: [Google]
0006.png
25 KB, 324x166
>>7699763
explain the sesame seeds.

don't hurt yourself though, i know they serve absolutely no purpose.
>>
>>7700992

I'd love to make them a regular part of my diet but the best place for me to eat them (work), is also the worst place for me to eat them. I mean they're not as fishy smelling as tuna, but you're still going to be that fucking asshole who ate canned fish in the office.
>>
>>7699763
>burned on one corner
>barely heated through on the other

You have the shittiest toaster on the planet
>>
File: 1434673214986.jpg (67 KB, 456x750) Image search: [Google]
1434673214986.jpg
67 KB, 456x750
>>7699860
"""no"""
>>
>>7701010
yeah people hate that shit so bad
I had an indian coworker who would heat up his curries in the break room and it still smelled like garam masala weeks after he got a different job
>>
>>7699707
That's a lot of fat and sugar.
>>
File: flying jacob.jpg (172 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
flying jacob.jpg
172 KB, 1600x1067
>>7700133
swedes and flips are trash in the kitchen

inb4 someone posts the carbonara from hell
>>
>>7701064

Fruit in general is awful stuff. It's got tons of sugar, and it's not nice glucose either. It's fructose. That shit goes straight to your liver and gets processed into deep abdominal fat deposits while spiking cortisol.

Bananas and peanut butter are the kinds of things you eat if you just got out of Auschwitz.
>>
>>7699707
Bananas are pretty high in calories and peanut butter is awful for you if you're not bulking and you don't get the natural stuff. That is a snack for healthy weight gain and that's it
>>
>>7701072
I'm just going to go out on a limb here and make sure people know that table sugar is 50/50 glucose fructose and most fruits are 40-60% fructose so it's not really a big difference
>>
File: bread.png (201 KB, 700x3287) Image search: [Google]
bread.png
201 KB, 700x3287
>>7699937
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 576x632) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 576x632
>>
>>7701072
>>7701083
You won't find any studies showing fruit causing harm. It actually helps prevent diabetes. 1-2 servings of fruit a day as a treat is excellent, especially if you eat no added sugars anyway as should be the case
>>
>>7701113
>especially if you eat no added sugars anyway as should be the case

This is nearly impossible in modern civilization. There is so much sugar in everything you eat, and you don't even know it because it doesn't taste sweet.
>>
>>7701133
its actually a lot easier than it seems if you make more food yourself and just look at the ingredients of the premade stuff you do buy
>>
Bean salad

Sauce = crush avocado, mix in lemon juice, a small amount of olive oil, salt

To sauce, add beans (kidney are my favorite) and salsa fresca

Mix together and eat on a warm corn tortilla or just with a fork.
>>
>>7701113
You don't need to convince me m8. The world's largest longitudinal study on the effect of fruit and veg on ones diet conclusively proved that people who eat more of them are healthier, even when controlling for things like calorie intake and exercise habits
>>
>>7701083
>>7701072
Fructose is in fact entirely harmless in the quantities available from unprocessed plant sources. Actually it's harmless even in much higher doses as you would get from added refined sugars. The main problem with concentrated added sugars is that they negatively affect appetite regulation and food intake (in other words, people tend to pig out on cakes and soda, not apples, carrots and oranges)

>>7701072
>>7701077
In addition, peanut butter consumption has never been associated with weight gain or other negative consequences (unlike butter, oil and margarine). This is true for most nuts though, partly because they are digested incompletely, partly for other reasons including high fiber content.
>>
>>7701133
It's easy as fuck, most of the stuff you eat should just be ingredients themselves. I'm safe until they find a way to sneak sugar into dried legumes, frozen vegetables, meat, eggs, plain yogurt etc
>>
File: fruit matsu.jpg (1 MB, 600x2800) Image search: [Google]
fruit matsu.jpg
1 MB, 600x2800
>>7701072
Eating fruit is good for you, you tryhard edgy faggot
>>
>>7701072
Holy fucking autism this is what Americans are being taught
>>
>>7701072
Let's see if I can post
>>
>>7701072
Alright cool my ban expired

So your a retard. Fruit is not bad for you yes it does contain fructose but it's very hard to eat enough to fruit to cause a blood sugar spike which makes your body go "oh shit gotta process this stuff fast better quickly turn it into fat and desposit it around the liver" dried fruit and fruit juice is a different story that stuff is like candy and is very dense in sugar compared to say an apple or a banana

Also if you just got out of aushwitz you fucking throw peanut butter right up dingus. Your have to eat toasted bread and broth if you wanted to live >>7701246
>>
>>7701261
I agree that there is nothing wrong with fruits, but the "blood sugar spike" stuff is nonsense promoted exactly by the kinds of people who shit on fruits and carbs for a living and instead suggest people should stuff their faces with macademia nuts, steak and cheese. People without diabetes suffer no ill effects from consuming a lot of carbs, whether in sugar or starch, nor is there anything wrong with blood sugar "spikes". You can give healthy people hundreds of grams of pure glucose without anything noteworthy happening.
>>
>>7701325
>You can give healthy people hundreds of grams of pure glucose without anything noteworthy happening.

Yeah, once or twice. Do that every day for a few weeks and that won't be a healthy person anymore, you'll be solidly sitting on pre-diabetes and heading for full blown diabetes.
>>
>>7701337
Diabetes isn't caused by glucose or insulin though, there is no connection there. The whole premise is idiotic anyway, since the conclusion would be that endurance athletes should all be diabetic since they eat huge amounts of carbs in giant portions for years. Diabetes is actually caused by several factors including obesity, genetics, lack of exercise and excessive intake of dietary fat and animal products, with deficient intake of fiber (<20g/1000kcal). Carbs, glucose, insulin and "spikes" do not contribute to diabetes, not even the tiniest bit, carbs actually prevent and reverse diabetes.
>>
>>7699694
not gonna lie, that look delicious
>>
>>7701361
Then post a source right now all your doing is saying your wrong and my outrageous claims are right!!!

If what's your saying us true then wouldn't like every keto and pealeo fag have the beetus from eating too much fat?
>>
File: 1460350850760.gif (861 KB, 245x225) Image search: [Google]
1460350850760.gif
861 KB, 245x225
>>7701361
>carbs actually prevent and reverse diabetes.
>>
>>7699820
>so we should go through them very quickly
which means the annoying to prep things will be orderd more. you don't have much of a brain in there yes? and of course we're going to prepare more when you pay a dollar for a quarter of that ingredient. you're still stupid and they are annoying to deal with even if they are awesome.
>>
>>7701436

>prepping avocado
>calling other people stupid

It takes 2 seconds to cut and scoop an avocado. Only a retard would pre-cut it and then complain about it being brown and mushy. They probably don't trust you to do more than place pre-sliced ingredients on bread, because literally nobody actually cuts up avocado other than to order.
>>
>>7699701

Have you ever tried using it outside of your sandwich shop?
>>
>>7699701
I actually tried avacado for the first time today.
How do people eat this stuff?
Half of the thumbnails on this board have some form of this shit in it.
>>
>>7702982
Post a screenshot of all the avocado threads please?
>>
>>7702995
>Post a screenshot of all the avocado threads please?
How about you suck my nuts please?
>>
>>7703008
Oh so you're just being a bitch baby. I get it
>>
>>7703013
Sorry I insulted your meme food, cuck
>>
File: 1462021031172.jpg (365 KB, 2000x1087) Image search: [Google]
1462021031172.jpg
365 KB, 2000x1087
>>7703020
Please keep crying, it's funny
>>
>>7703028
I'm not the one getting all bent out of shape because you can't handle someone not liking your cuck fruit. This board is shit. You're shit.
>>
File: 1462026995513.jpg (54 KB, 272x638) Image search: [Google]
1462026995513.jpg
54 KB, 272x638
>>7703041
Please keep whining
>>
>>7703048
Please keep posting your le funny meme reacting pictures xD
>>
File: 1461932061530.jpg (2 MB, 8000x2667) Image search: [Google]
1461932061530.jpg
2 MB, 8000x2667
>>7703055
>please mommy, the fruit makes me mad! >>7703055
>>
>>7699701
>avocado goes with nothing

Avocado goes with fucking everything.

I put it on my eggs in the morning.
I put it on almost every sandwich I make.
Everything Mexican and Tex-Mex, and I eat a lot of fucking Tex-Mex.
I fucking eat these things sliced every other day of the week as a snack.

The fact that you don't like them just says you have no fucking taste.
>>
>>7703077
I have oral allergy syndrome so most fresh fruits cause my tongue and throat to swell. I finally forced myself to try avacado today to see what all the fuss is about. Not only did I have an allergic reaction but it tasted like shit. I wouldn't have cared if it tasted good since I'm more or less used to the reactions now, but it's not worth it if I fell for the meme and I get nothing out of it.
>>
>>7703092
>please mommy, it hurt my mouf!
>>
>>7703100
>look mom I posted it again!
>>
>>7703111
Posted what again, you literal no taste man child?
>>
>>7701145
Thank you for actually contributing to the convo, sounds great anon
>>
>>7699701
Subway immediately detected.
>>
>>7701001
I just like them
>>
>>7703121
>>>/tv/

Nobody said you were allowed to leave your containment board faggot
>>
>>7701105
SENPAI
>>
If I am feeling lazy and need a quick snack I usually mix an avocado with quark (? / Kvarg in swedish) add some garlic lemonjuice salt and pepper. Add some chicken or whatever floats your boat.
>>
>>7699694
>Bread
Bread = Sugar (No matter how much "fiber" it has, it's not healthy
Avocado is good fat but makes no sense to eat it alone.
>>
>>7700133
Flips eat avocado as a dessert rather than as a savory food. We add it to milkshakes and ice cream.
Shit is still disgusting
>>
>>7703621
>Bread = Sugar

Maybe in America, but everywhere else it equals flour. Which is carbs, and also not great

but GTFO with your sugar idiocy
>>
>>7699937
>>7700940
>>7700975
>>7703621
There's nothing wrong with bread you faglords.
None of you know a fucking thing about nutrition and it's one area where /fit/ has you beat by a long shot even if they can't cook well. Even if /fit/ is "muh keto" they're not dumb enough to write off bread completely (whether or not they choose to eat it personally).
>>
>>7699694
Crustless quiche, OP

1 diced avo
6 eggs
4-6 slices of bacon, chopped up
1/3 c parmesan
garlic, cayenne, salt, whatever spice you want
--optional--
1 sliced sausage
4-5 sliced mushrooms
etc

Preheat oven to 350. Throw the quiche mix into a round pan. Cook for 15, then rotate and allow to cook the next 15.
>>
>>7703812
I am dumb and more or less write off bread completely. Occasionally I'll cook up bread-like substances to "carry" food, in wraps or sandwiches, but that's out of convenience and habit (way easier to make a "sandwich" for lunch than whatever other keto fare)
>>
>>7700975
American/Western logic. Thank a fellow named Ornish and a guy named Ancel Keys for pushing pro-carb anti-fat bullshit into our kitchens. Also thank them for what has become the "vegan" diet.
>>
>>7700991
Fat, besides trans fats, is generally good for you anon. Wheat is shit
>>
>>7699694
>avocado is healthy
No it's really not. You might as well smear butter on there, you'd probably be getting the same serving of fat.
>>
>>7701325
How do you get diabetes again, anon?

Why does every Flip I know have beetus, and they eat nothing but mangoes and rice?
>>
>>7703838
Is this a thing? Flip here, I don't know anyone with beetus except my second cousin's elderly mother. But flip food is incredibly unhealthy and poor flips drink nothing but coca cola, so I can image this being not completely made up.
>>
>>7703833
Yank detected
>>
>>7699694
I don't know when toast avocado, the nutrient in it will go away because of heat or not.

>>7699775
and I saw someone cook bacon, tied them with streamed potato inside, and roast them. The juice from bacon was absorb by potato and unique streamed potato smell and taste was absorb by bacon. Just imagine it will be delicious or not.

If you still can't imagine about my explained dish, just see it by yourself. let's discuss about inspiring dishes too, from "Food Wars!" anime that might catch people's eye.

https://yaharibento.wordpress.com/2016/04/27/inspiring-dishes-shokugeki-no-soma-catch-your-eye-set-1/

- Which dishes that will CATCH your eyes?

- Or do you have other inspiring dishes in your mind?

Warning: please don't proceed this in nighttime, or else you will be hungry.
>>
>>7703829
>>7703830
More shit tier attempts at historical revisionism by slandering Ancel Keys and ignoring literally everything we know about nutrition and human health.

Here's a hint, plants generally do not store a lot of energy as fat except where space and mass are limited (e.g. bran, seeds and nuts). So a reduced-carb diet automatically implies a diet favoring animal products, which are known beyond the shadow of a doubt to be harmful to human health in a variety of ways when consumed in excess (more than a few times a week)

>>7703838
High fat diet with too much animal products, obesity, genetics, lack of vegetables, fruit, fiber and exercise, there are plenty of factors that contribute to diabetes, of which none are carbs or sugar or "blood sugar spikes".

The "spike" thing is the biggest industry joke ever pushed on the public, since it always implies that large carb-heavy meals are evil and you should add a bunch of fat and protein (=animal products) to prevent some sort of "blood sugar roller coaster" (which, again, does not exist in healthy people).
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-23-11-41-16.png (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-23-11-41-16.png
1 MB, 1080x1920
>>7703942
:^)
>>
>>7703812
If you make your own bread you have a clean source of carbs that isn't very nutrient dense at all. If you buy it from the store you have died refined grains with a small amount of whole wheat and a shitload of sugar, salt, soy, and vegetable oils
>>
>>7699701
>I work at a sandwich shop.
Subway is disgusting, try going elsewhere little man
>>
>>7703621
I make avocado sandwiches every now and then, don't tell me this
>>
>>7701105
Damn, how does it taste?
>>
>>7701064
>>7701077
Hey here's an idea, stop being a fuckin bitch
>>
>>7701261
>So your a retard
>your a retard
>your
>>
File: x2.jpg (204 KB, 2060x816) Image search: [Google]
x2.jpg
204 KB, 2060x816
>>7703621
>Sugar is bad
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.