[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Food eccentricities
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
Deny it all you want, but everyone has weird food eccentricities or idiosyncrasies or whatever you want to call them.

I cook for friends or guests a lot and was recently caught for #1 (see below), so I've been thinking about what others do when no one is looking.

It's anonymous, so feel free to be honest! Here are mine:

>when preparing garlic, I bite the "root" end off to make peeling easier. I do this when cooking for guests and have to do it surreptitiously when they aren't looking lol

>My hands get dry in the winter so I stop washing my hands except for when I go to sleep or am about to eat. Heat kills germs, so I don't wash my hands after using the bathroom (#1 or #2) before food prep. I just turn on the tap and let it run for 20 seconds in case people are listening.

3. I can't remember the last time I washed a vegetable.

4. Not really food related, but I dip my toilet paper in the toilet water to clean my butthole more effectively. I used to flush first, but I got nervous about people hearing me flush twice at work so I just use the "used water". Not a big deal really, I don't eat off my ass or anything.
>>
>>7562731
upboated, liked, subscribed
>>
Just hold the bulb in your palm, top inwards, and smash the root on the counter. The garlic will all pop off.

You're probably gonna get sick, but I feel you.

You should wash them, because they've either been handled by at least one hundred grubby paws, or they're covered in dirt from your garden.

You're wiping per into your butt. Wouldn't recommend it, but I'm not a doctor.

I always hold chef's knives by the spine, and more than once my thumb has slid down to the blade. I always wash (with dish soap and water) and reseason my cast iron after use, and hold that this is proper maintenance.
>>
>>7562731
>Not really food related, but I dip my toilet paper in the toilet water to clean my butthole more effectively. I used to flush first, but I got nervous about people hearing me flush twice at work so I just use the "used water". Not a big deal really, I don't eat off my ass or anything.
You're literally wiping viruses into your rectum.

Pop the top off the cistern and use clean water next time.
>>
>>7562782
>Just hold the bulb in your palm, top inwards, and smash the root on the counter. The garlic will all pop off.
I mean I bite the end of the garlic clove off, not the bulb. I bite it and it kind of loosens the skin of and I can pull it off.

As for the others, thanks for the concern. I take Vitamin D3 and zinc daily and wash my hands right before eating, so I've avoided getting sick this year so far (knock on wood).
>>
>>7562784
>Pop the top off the cistern and use clean water next time.
That's a really good idea and I will do this at home or friends homes. Unfortunately, my work has direct plumbing into the toilets or however you call it, so no tank in the back.

Good idea though
>>
>>7562731
>I dip my toilet paper in the toilet water to clean my butthole more effectively. I used to flush first, but I got nervous about people hearing me flush twice at work so I just use the "used water". Not a big deal really, I don't eat off my ass or anything.

It's hard to believe someone is stupid enough to do this, and it may be "bait," but people are definitely generally stupid, and so are 4channers, so I suppose this might be true.
>>
>>7562805
It's just trace fecal matter and the pee probably sterilizes it. It's not like it's going to smell and it is more sanitary than having a dirty butthole.

It isn't going to make me sick and people aren't going to smell it. I feel a lot cleaner after using wet toilet paper, try it you won't be able to go back to only using dry. I only do the dip for the last wipe.
>>
>>7562792
You mean the dark/rough part on the end of the clove? Just leave that or cut it off with a knife after you peel it. As for peeling, roll it firmly in your hand as if you're rubbing your hand together for warmth, or roll it your counter if it's round enough. Another great, fool proof way to peel garlic is to put cloves in a tupperware with a lid, or a bowl with a plate covering the top, and shake the shit out of it. The garlic will fall right out of the skin. If you're gonna mince it, just smash it with the flat of a knife and pull the skin off. Not only is biting it kind of dumb, but it's just dumb to peel garlic with your fingers.
>>
>>7562819
Pee isn't going to sterilize anything. Get some fucking wet wipes to carry around. They make pocket size ones.
>>
File: 1429997272566.jpg (175 KB, 1011x722) Image search: [Google]
1429997272566.jpg
175 KB, 1011x722
>>7562731
What....just...no, please no. Please. No.
>>
>>7562731
You didn't season the bait you donkey
>>
>>7562848
Wet wipes have alcohol and who knows what else, I'm not putting those chemicals anywhere near sensitive mucous membrane tissues.

Urine would probably help kill off some bacteria

>>7562841
Smashing with a knife freaks me out too much, I cringe when I see others do that
>>
>>7562886
>Wet wipes have alcohol and who knows what else
they make plenty of wet wipes without much alcohol.
Most are like 98% water with a little quaternary amine to kill the bacteria and small concentrations of preservatives
>>
>>7562886
Alright, that's all I can take.
>>
>>7562886
As someone who works in a Microbiology lab, you are more wrong than you are right with that theory. I know you have probably herd pee is sterile(which isn't all that true either), but that doesn't mean it can sterilize something. I'm not saying you will get sick through your practice, but you certainly increasing your risk.

Also >>7562904
is right just get one's with aloe if you are worried about any irritation or drying from the alcohol it's going to be such a low percentage there is no danger even with them coming in contact with mucous membranes unless you are shoving multiple ones into your anus on a daily basis and just letting them chill up there all day.
>>
>>7562904
Friends don't let friends quaternary amine their arses.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.