[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one is better, KFC or Popeyes? What should I order from either?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 750x353) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 750x353
Which one is better, KFC or Popeyes? What should I order from either?
>>
>classic image.jpg
>>
>>7684019
Answer the fucking question, faggot
>>
Given a choice between the two, I'd go for popeyes. I like their spicy tendies.
>>
>>7684002
>going to any chicken based franchise
>>
Go to Kennedy's and get the 4 piece box with a Coke

The chicken goes good with the Yi Pin hot sauce packets they give you
>>
>>7684002
Popeye's. I just wish they had fried chicken livers and gizzards. Although every time I go to KFC and order the livers and gizzards, they tell me they're out, so I guess it doesn't matter either way. KFC perfected the home-style breading, but the quality of their meat is really pathetic. Popeye's has much cleaner meat although sometimes it will have chunks of fat.

As far as biscuits and sides, nobody is fucking with Popeye's. I like to order a large red beans and rice and two biscuits. Take it home and drown it with Crystal hot sauce. When you get down to about 1/3 left, crumble up the biscuits and stir them in. Hnnnnggghhhh.
>>
>being a nignog

I'd order a job
>>
>>7684024
>go to KFC/Popeyes
>getting tendies

What a waste. Processed shitty tendies taste the same everywhere.
>>
>>7684002
>having to ask

Popeye's is GOAT and kfc is always trash unless you're in a foreign country
>>
>>7684078
All the other processed shitty chicken pieces taste the same everywhere as well. What's your point?
>>
>>7684065
>le funny nigger chicken meme
>>
>>7684046
>favorite chain is the better chain
>favorite side is best side
>sad about the absence of the delicious, delicious organs

MY BROTHER
>>
>>7684002
i had kfc yesterday and the meals are pretty cost effective compared with mcdonalds and others
>>
Popeye's

It isn't even close. It's like comparing In N Out to McDonalds.
>>
Churches

If those are your only two options then overpay for popeyes. But churches is the best fried chicken fast food.
>>
KFC is low quality. I find Popeyes has salty as fuck skin, but good meat. I wish I could like fried chicken a lot more if there was some other chain like Churchs near me.
>>
File: roy rogers.jpg (94 KB, 590x590) Image search: [Google]
roy rogers.jpg
94 KB, 590x590
This is now a Roy Rogers thread
>>
File: Chicken Shack.jpg (174 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Chicken Shack.jpg
174 KB, 1024x768
>>
What's up with Church's? Is it a chain? Live down the block from one in Pasadena, but it's always busy when I get off work.
>>
>>7685029

Yeah it's a chain from the south, they suck though and cater to an even poorer crowd than KFC. Their chicken is always way overcooked and filled with hot grease that shoots out and hits you in the eye when you bite through the crust of breading. The worst chicken chain, IMO

Go to Roscoe's instead.
>>
This isn't really a question, right?

Popeye's is the best fast food, full stop. They even have their own radio station where they play sweet dixieland jazz and weird ass cajun french music. Fucking great.

Of course I'm only talking about their spicy chicken. Never had sides or anything I just order spicy chicken.
>>
>>7684834
This. It's cheap and delicious and is a first choice for fried chicken fast food. But I do love Popeye's. I don't like anything about KFC.
I just noticed I haven't seen a Church's since moving to my current city tho.
>>
>>7684843
Only time I ever got Church's I got food poisoning. Bad. And I've survived other food poisonings when eating with friends/family unscathed (everyone but me got sick)

>>7684002
I prefer Popeyes, but fuck me I have NEVER gone to one with good service and I've been to them all across the South
>>
i always go kennedy/crown fried even though it's always in a shitty area

like some other anon said they give you yi pan and it's cheap as fuck

not really a chain but im drunk

if you're in the philly/nyc area and you're jonesin and you're not a bitchmade slut check one out
>>
>>7684002
What i want to know is why KFC is more expensive than Popeyes, at least it is in Chicago. KFC has an 8-piece bucket for over $15, while i can get 10 pieces from Popeyes from $10.
>>
>>7685105
yeah same here in NJ, i feel like here KFC just has name recognition so people go there as the default
>>
File: wait until completely cool.png (915 KB, 1280x719) Image search: [Google]
wait until completely cool.png
915 KB, 1280x719
>>7685068
How sad for you, Popeyes has the best service of any fast food in my area (SoCal)

I've gotten free desserts, chicken, dipping sauces, and free drinks.

>>7684002
order the spicy chicken, get mardi gras mustard, and a side of red beans n rice or mash with cajun gravy.
>>
Popeyes

Better breading that always tastes light and crisp. The extra spice added to everything is quite nice as well. I normally order a spicy tender meal with mashed potatoes or dirty rice, or a 1 piece breast meal with the same sides.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.