[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else get mad over a dumb bad decision about food? This
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (230 KB, 1080x621) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
230 KB, 1080x621
Anyone else get mad over a dumb bad decision about food?

This is mine from a while back. I hadn't eaten all day and I was in SF for interview. I found a place called Proper Food and thought it would be good. It's spinah quinoa salad with chicken and pomengranate. It was just wasn't good and hated myself for getting it.
>>
Once I bought a stuffed crust Digornio pizza and it had cheddar in the crust.

I became enraged and threw the entire pizza at full force into the trash.
>>
Nice blog post, image.jpg

There's this place you've probably never heard of called Yelp, and I think you'd fit right in.
>>
>>7683883
Triggered
>>
i remember seeing this image like 3 months ago

fuck off
>>
>>7683911
No, there are people that actually write funny reviews on yelp.

Don't send a whiny blogger over there, they don't need em'
>>
>>7683867
That's pretty obviously arugula and not spinach.
>>
>>7683867
>mad over a dumb bad decision about food?
Especially when I overpay for it. But these days I'm good enough at reading the lay of the land and I know what I like well enough that it rarely if ever happens.

If I were in a strange town and found myself both hungry and wanting something reasonably healthy I'd avoid any place that was selling itself as a health food joint. Because that's sure to be the quickest route to overpriced disappointment. Instead I would have looked for a place that called the cuisine it served Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Indian/Pakistani or SEA. These are all cuisines that have a variety of relatively light but still filling and tasty dishes, usually at reasonable prices.

The trendy health food place will always be a rip-off by comparison.
>>
>>7684841
I found this out the hard way in Hollywood. It's guaranteed to be overpriced and not good tasting.
>>
I went to a little grocer deli in LA with my cuz when we were hungover af one morning and he got their signature sammy which was a club with avocado and house dressing that smelled heavenly. My judgement was impaired so I ordered their special (which is basically their experiment of the day) and got a pulled pork hoagie with brie cheese and pear relish. The liquefied fat from the pork and the cheese combined with the relish to completely saturate the hoagie and it tasted salty and sweet in the wrong kinda way and the whole thing was just fucked
>>
>>7685081
It's true in most places - if a joint bills itself as a health food place they have set the priority of serving "healthy" food over that of serving tasty food. Sometimes the food at these places can be tasty, but generally it's lackluster at best, and downright awful at worst. It if tastes too good customers might have a hard time believing it's actually healthy.

LA is a particularly tough place because it's a fast food town. A case could be made that American fast food in the modern sense was invented there, and they do it well. Even more upscale joints lean toward sandwiches and salads, coasting on who eats there rather than how upscale the food actually is. There's is some fine dining, but the restaurants lean in more of a fast food direction. Batali has a moderately upscale restaurant there, but runs a pizza place next door to it. The pizza place is always packed.

But in this fast food dominated town you have a population of very health and image conscious people with lots of money and notorious gullibility. These people consult with psychics and follow fad diets. Health food restaurants don't have to care about taste, they just have to say whatever current words these people associate with healthy food at the moment (it's always changing). Currently these words include "organic", "quinoa", "raw", "vegan", "chicken breast", "kale" and "chia seeds". Any combination of these ingredients can pretty much command $12.

If you're into food you learn to avoid such places.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.