[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain this.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22
Explain this.
>>
>>7683440

That's it, I am now a #hillbilly
>>
>>7683440

Explain what? Overpriced chicken? I have no idea why it costs that much in the photo. It might be BS. Where I live that would cost about $5. Though you'd be silly to buy the breast meat; the thigh is not only cheaper but tastier too.
>>
>le cherrypicking meat

You can buy enough lean chicken, brown rice, potatoes, green beans and broccoli to feed yourself for a week for the price of that shit on the right.
>>
I agree. Junk food should be heavily taxed
>>
None of those things are healthy. Chicken has never been associated with any health benefits whatsoever.
>>
>>7683440
its true. Why do you think mexicans are so fat?
>>
>>7683451
Where do you live? Or is your estimate for a single meal a day?
>>
>>7683440
you eat 2 pounds of chicken every day?
>>
>>7683451
You can get enough chicken for 4 people with like 5-7$
>>
>>7683440
Some idiot made an inaccurate graphic to justify eating garbage instead of cooking?
>>
It can be cheaper to eat "healthy" but you really have to dig for it. Don't go to chain supermarkets. If you live in an area with a large ethnic population (asians, mexicans, indians) see if there is a market catered to them and get your produce there. On average it'll be much cheaper than Walmart.

For meat I don't buy from butchers because all of the ones in my area are incredibly jewish, so I go by this store that specializes in frozen food and buy a bag of frozen free range chicken (which even with the yuppie tag on it, is still cheaper than buying it "fresh")

I'll admit, I thought eating hot pockets and taco bell was cheaper in the long run. But one fucked up colon later, I now realize it's not only better to eat food I make myself, but much more sustainable too.
>>
I live in Canada where the price of food is retarded and even I've never paid that much for chicken.

Also,

>being poor
>>
>>7683440

>buying soda is cheaper than drinking water
>>
>>7683440
What bothers me most is I'm reading that America has a HUGE load of cheese/meat that they havent been able to sell and is basically sitting in freezers waiting for people to buy. WHY is the price so high if this is the case.

This all being said, I'm Canadian so we have our own pricing problems...
>>
>>7683486

Everything is expensive in Australia, anon. Those products on the right are clearly Aussie, not US.

In my area (Texas, USA) that chicken would cost about $4-5 USD.
>>
File: beans_and_cornbread.jpg (48 KB, 400x362) Image search: [Google]
beans_and_cornbread.jpg
48 KB, 400x362
Everyone should learn to make a simple meal of rice and beans, or because I'm Southern, beans and cornbread.

I like to garnish mine with a little Chow-chow relish. Pickled peppers and raw onion on the side. And instead of cornbread, I usually deep fry some hushpuppies.

If you can't turn $13.59 into several solid meals, then you are a failure.
>>
>>7683451
>>7683466
>>7683479
Literally deluded DYELs who don't even eat protein. A kilo of breasts goes for $13-16 here in Canada. That's 16 grams of protein for a dollar, on average. Italian salami and decent cheese has better protein/price ratio than chicken.
>>
>>7683473
Supermarkets are a problem in that most of what they sell isn't really ingredients to make into food, it's snacks and convenience food. That's like 80% of what's for sale at a supermarket. If you didn't buy any of that stuff and just bought ingredients to cook with your bill would be pretty cheap, but you'd have to spend a lot of time cooking, and most folks are too lazy for that.
>>
>>7683440
A dually by weight it's cheaper to buy meat and chicken but if you add veiges the price is at least 40% more
I mostly eat meat and chicken with rice, bread or potatoes because of this
Today a pound of onions a pound of carrots, half a pound of bell pepper and one garlic coste d me the same as a pound of meat
If I added fruit it would be twice as much and if I wasn't careful and got shit like an avocado, another Bell pepper, some frozen berries or anything like that it would be way more expensive, maybe even twice as expensive than meat
>>
>>7683473
For meat I like going for organs much cheaper and better for you
>>
>>7683460
It isn't, the real problem is the ignorance of people concerning nutrition and how to spend money.

I'm mexican and when i was a student i spent like the equivalent of $20-24 dollars on food for 5 days and i ate healthy and plenty. Meanwhile most of the other students i met would spent double that on shitty food and/or going to a restaurant to eat.

Also:
>Why do you think mexicans are so fat?

>Implying Amerifats are the epithome of fitness and healthy eating
>>
>chicken

>healthy
>>
>>7683440
>>7683444
$14.00?!
$5.00?!

The hell kind of shithole do you live in?

That much chicken would be barely $2 here in Texas, looks like about a pound, maybe another half.
>>
>>7683497
Thats not a meal. It's a bunch of sides piled together. Accessories are supposed to compliment an outfit. Not be the whole outfit.
>>
>>7683440
Vegan in the right, dirty meat eaters on the left
How are you going to justify your diet now? Cruelty advocates?
>>
>>7683530
>The hell kind of shithole do you live in?

Texas. Standard price at my local supermarkets (HEB and Kroger) for chicken breast is about $3/lb. I estimated that at about 1.5 lbs, so $5 is about right. Of course you can get it for less than that on sale, etc, but not at standard prices--at least not in my area.
>>
>>7683542
Is shit really this expensive in the US? I checked, and the 'standard' Polish price for chicken breast (15PLN for a kg) translates to about $1.65/lb...
And that's the 'standard' price, most people buy it when it's like, 20% off or whatever (which is often)
>>
>>7683568
Well of course it's pointless to ignore the cost of living and all that. But my impression is that price of chicken part are valued very differently depending on country.

Here in Sweden chicken breast are like the equivalent of 10 euro a kg (like 6$ per pound or something), which is like two or even three times as much as what chicken thigh and wings cost. When I was in Japan it was reversed, with breast being far cheaper than thigh (like twice the price difference).
>>
>>7683568

7683542 here. I rarely buy chicken breast because for most recipes I prefer the dark meat. I nearly always buy whole chickens or the leg meat. I may be misremembering the price of breast, but AFIK it's about $2.50-3 per pound.

Whole supermarket chickens are about $1/lb. Drumsticks and legs are about the same. Wings are about $2-3/lb. Free-range chickens from the Asian market are $12.50 each, whole. Weight about 4lbs.

Again, those are normal prices rather than sale.
>>
>>7683536
i guess it's a good thing it's food and not clothes then, huh?

it's not ""cuisine,"" Caligula. it's sustenance
>>
>>7683537

This.

Meat is not only murder, it is unhealthy, stupidly expensive, and straight up retarded.

Our ancestors had no choice in protein, but these days there are a million other ways to get the needed daily nutrient intake.
>>
>>7683625
>it's murder
i dont' care
>it's unhealthy
i'm very healthy, and i eat meat
>stupidly expensive
i'm not stupidly poor, so i can easily afford it
>straight up retarded
yes, that's why no one feels bad about killing "straight up retarded" animals and eating me.
>>
File: 1463030035691.jpg (94 KB, 713x882) Image search: [Google]
1463030035691.jpg
94 KB, 713x882
>2 large chicken breasts: $6
>2 16 oz bags of rice: $2.50
>1 16 oz bag of black beans $1.50
>1 16 oz bag of pinto beans $1
>2 cloves of garlic $1
>3 potatoes $1
>1 large pepper, or 3 jalapenos $1
>oil $marginal

>$14
>>
>>7683625

you need to apply yourself, son.
>>
>>7683440
Factor in the medical costs and fatass appliances/accessories you'll need and that chicken breast is pretty cheap compared to the junk food.
>>
>>7683505
Meat and booze are by far hands down the most expensive routine purchases at a grocery store. Beef and seafood can be outrageous. Snacks, while I am not defending buying cookies, are relatively cheap in comparison when you consider portion sizes.
>>
>>7683678
>Beef and seafood can be outrageous.
Yeah seafood is expensive and so is some cuts of beef, but saying all meat is expensive because of it is like saying vegetables are expensive because avocados are. Whole chicken, liver, minced meat, stew meat can all be gotten for relatively cheap.
>>
>>7683683
Chicken hearts specifically are the best bang for the buck, but besides poultry and some cuts of pork, the cost of meat is still the most expensive part of shopping.

Here's the difference: Get a good quality avocado. We'll say 3 bucks for a pound. Get a good quality cut of any animal. I agree there are ways to cheapen the impact of the cost of meats, but they are still by far the most expensive part of grocery shopping.
>>
>>7683503
Chicken is $2/lbs here. So that's roughly $4.50/kg. The fuck you live, London?
>>
>>7683440
If you were vegan you could have gotten 14 lbs of beans and rice with that money.
>>
>>7683787
>Implying you need to be vegan to make rice and beans a staple
>>
>>7683798
>Implying I care.

Veganism is cheaper and healthier. Even that chicken isn't healthy. It's loaded with carcinogens and feces and arsenic. Fucking gross.
>>
>>7683655
>$14
For 3 meals. That's less than $5 a meal. Still a bit high, but acceptable.
>>
>>7683815
You can eat an exact vegan diet even if you're not a vegan, see the point of not being vegan?
>>
>>7683815
Take your bullshit somewhere else, no one here cares outside of trolls looking to fan flames.
>>
>>7683683
>Whole chicken
A raw whole chicken is ~$20 here, while in the same store, I can buy a cooked one for $10.
>>
>>7683824
you can eat ~11 oz of rice and ~11 oz of beans in a single sitting?
>>
>>7683839
That's awful. I'm glad I don't live wherever you live.

Whole chickens here are normally about $1/lb, but they go on sale several times a year for as low as 50-75 cents/lb so I tend to wait for a sale and buy a couple to stick in the freezer.

The cooked rotisserie chickens are usually $5/each.
>>
>>7683839
Shit that's expensive. I can get a whole, raw chicken for about $7 and a cooked one for about $6.

Washington state here, 1 hour north of Seattle.
>>
>>7683853
Miscalculation on my part due to looking at the potatoes and just dividing without actually thinking. It just further reinforced my point though...Which note that I think about this more is probably the point the poster was trying to make.

I need sleep apparently.
>>
>>7683831
Calm down. None of it's bullshit.
https://goveganoroffyourself.wordpress.com/health/
>>
>>7683879
>That link

Lol, no.
>>
>>7683815
>Plants
>Not loaded with carcinogens, feces, and arsenic
top jej
>>
>>7683444
Food prices vary from place to place. Wow, who would have thought.
>>
>>7683824
How fat are you? Serious question. Not that guy, but lemme break it down:

>2 large chicken breasts
What's large?
One whole, bone-in, skin on chicken breast with the breast bone still intact weighs roughly 2¼lbs, give or take, so two would be ~4½lbs, I guess. Whole breast is about 64% lean meat, 9% skin and fat and 27% bone and cartilage, so that'd yield around 2.86lbs, which is around 12 servings of meat.
Also provides around 6oz of cooking grease (the skin and fat) and can cook up into about 2-3 cups of stock (the bones and cartilage).
Split breast (same as a whole breast, just split in half, left and right breasts, obviously) are on sale in my area at Save-a-lot stores for 99¢/lb, so it'd be even cheaper for me at the moment than he'd suggested.

>2 16 oz bags of rice
1lb of rice yields 6 servings or so. That's 12 servings of boiled rice there. However, â…“lb of rice cooks up into 4 servings of rice porridge, so 10 servings of boiled rice and 4 servings of rice porridge. You can stretch it even further: a full pound of rice will cook up 12 servings of porridge, leaving you with six servings of boiled rice from the remaining pound. That nearly covers the 21 breakfasts, lunches and dinners in a week.

>1 16 oz bag of black beans
8 servings.

>1 16 oz bag of pinto beans
Another 8 servings.

>3 potatoes
3 servings.

There's more than enough there for a week's lunches and dinners. Not interesting meals, mind you, but meals all the same.
>>
>>7683896
Do it. The fate of the world is depending on you.
>>
Safeway just had whole fryer chickens at under a dollar at safeway. Gonna be eating roast chicken for a while lmao.

[spoiler]how do i make a good stock and what do i do when i have it?[/spoiler]
>>
File: 1386098075151.jpg (29 KB, 512x331) Image search: [Google]
1386098075151.jpg
29 KB, 512x331
>>7683542
Yeah, but who pays standard price? Bone-in breast is currently on sale for $.88/lb(approx $.79 with senior discount, you get even more savings if you use shit like checkout51, etc.) at krogers.

You and I both know anything expensive as in OP's pic is going to be some free-range organic shit.

This is a shitty troll thread btw, I feel bad for replying.
>>
File: Capture.png (140 KB, 580x434) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
140 KB, 580x434
>>7683503
>He never thought that chicken costs more in Canada because the Canadian dollar is abysmal
>"You must be a lanklet if you don't eat chicken at my retarded regional prices!"

You are dangerously stupid
>>
>>7683855

Everett please go.
>>
>>7683935
>how do i make a good stock and what do i do when i have it?

butcher your chicken and remove the thighs/legs/breasts and then use the remaining carcass boil with mirepoix and continually skim the top. You can freeze that shit forever and then add it to anything where you would normally add water. Really good in mashed potatoes instead of milk or in combination with a little cream.
>>
>>7683536
If you truly are eating to sustain yourself, and are monetarily limited you would not give a single fuck as to whether or not you are eating things that are considered "sides"
>>
>>7683935
>how do i make a good stock and what do i do when i have it?

Stick the bones in a stock pot, roast them first to brown them if you want some more flavor (optional), add aromatic vegetables (carrots, celery, onion, parsnips, etc.), add other aromatics like garlic, ginger, spices like peppercorns, cloves, cinnamon, star anise, allspice, coriander, etc. depending on what kind of flavor profile you're looking for. Cover with water, bring to a boil, reduce to barely simmering, cover and let it go for a while. Check every hour or two, skim off any scum that rises to the top, give it a stir, cover it again. I usually simmer stock for 6-8 hours. Strain it, cool it off and put it in the fridge over night. Remove the congealed fat from the top when it's cold. You now have stock.

Use stock in recipes that call for it, or use it to make some soup or whatever. You can also portion it out and freeze it for use later.
>>
>>7683935

Cook a chicken.
Save all the parts you don't eat.
Throw that shit in a pot with a couple of bay leaves or w/e.
Boil the fuck out of it.
Stock.
>>
>>7683440
Yeah and I fed a group of six people a home cooked dinner for $20. If it was for just me I could have had dinner for a week for $20, and I wasn't even trying to be cost efficient with it.
>>
>>7683678
>>7683683
Also how much freaking meat do you need to eat? I have it a couple times a week, so it isn't really that much of an expense.
>>
>>7683440
On what fucking planet do chicken breasts cost that much.

Also, cooked correctly, they will be alot more filling then that stuff.

I have nothing against junk food but dam this post is stupid.

Also, throw in $2 worth of pasta and $3 worth of Alfredo ingredients and you just made 4 or five meals on $18. (Even though we both know chicken don't cost that much)
>>
>>7684487
What do you mean by "cooked correctly"? I don't see how it's going to be more filling depending on how you cook it.
>>
>>7684511

he means that the magically cheap chicken is more filling when.. you know.. you cook it a certain way.
>>
>eating chicken breasts when hearts, gizzards, and feet are practically free.
>>
>>7683463
honestly the most Ive seen meat cuts (decent size and cut go for is like 13) Also its for like a family sized portion. You can feed yourself for like 25 in a week. That includes one or two meat items, beans, rice ,some veggies oats for breakfast.
>>
>>7683542
I'm in Texas and boneless, skinless chicken breast is 1.99 a pound at Kroger if you have the plus card.

Ground turkey at HEB was on sale for less than that.
>>
>>7683492
Oh thank my blind eyes!
>>
File: Untitled.png (160 KB, 1505x592) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
160 KB, 1505x592
>>7683440
oooorrrrrrr
>>
>>7683473
>>7683505
where the fuck do you live that supermarkets don't have actual ingredients for sale?

kinda want to know so i never go there, because nowhere i've ever been to is like that
>>
File: quzIfMu.gif (3 MB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
quzIfMu.gif
3 MB, 500x375
>>7683503
>mfw i buy chicken breasts and thighs for $2/lb (4.50/kg) and probably lift more than you.

also protein powder is a lot cheaper here, too. sry brah, you're never gonna make it in your shitty, third world country
>>
File: smart.jpg (182 KB, 602x845) Image search: [Google]
smart.jpg
182 KB, 602x845
Just face it guys, eating healthy is just too expensive for most people.
>>
>>7684683

>bragging about how cheap his whey protein is
>literally a meme marketed byproduct that has exploded in price that was considered throwaway trash a few decades ago
>>
>>7684704

>gotta stretch my $29 budget for the week
>buy $5 worth of limes and $2 worth of cilantro
>>
>>7684704
how in the fuck is that $29?

cilanto - $1
scallions - $1
limes - $2
jalapeno - 50 cents
like im not even continuing this. where the fuck did she buy all that where it was close to 30?
>>
>>7684723
whole foods, duh. you know, where the poor people on food assistance shop
>>
>>7684704

The fuck? I'm being generous and I total up about $20 there. With food stamps that shit's way cheaper. How the fuck does that come out to $30?
>>
>>7684704

What you can even make with that? The world's saddest burrito?
>>
>>7684714
>>7684723
>>7684755
She probably tipped the cashier 40%.
>>7684759
A nice picture for your social media persona.
>>
>>7683460
>>Why do you think mexicans are so fat?

I think alot of the meat they buy is really low quality shit. That and all of the fried foods. I have banged several fat mexican women and every one had a horribly stinky pussy. Their systems be out of whack yo.
>>
>>7683993

Prices were still way higher when our dollar was worth more than yours a few years back.
>>
>>7684704

SEVEN

FUCKING

LIMES
>>
>>7684779

Scurvy is rampant among the poor.
>>
>13.59

What fucking shithole do you live in? Boneless, skinless chicken breast in New York City is fucking 2 dollars.
>>
>>7684678
Supermarkets have actual ingredients for sale, but that's not most of what they sell. Most of what they sell is ready to eat crap like breakfast cereal, terrible bread, snack foods, canned soup/stews, frozen heat and eat meals, soda, deli meats and cheeses and various prepared foods (hummus, salsa, dips and the like). There are only two or three aisles with actual ingredients that you could use when you're cooking. The rest of what they sell is ways to avoid cooking or cooking shortcuts. The focus is not on cooking. So shopping there takes your focus away from cooking. The jar of pasta sauce starts to seem like a normal thing, as does the bottle of salad dressing, salad in a bag and the frozen pizza or rotisserie chicken. "Normal" becomes not really cooking.
>>
>>7684783
Pretty much everything green and leafy in that picture has vitamin C in it. There is no reason to have THAT many limes.
>>
>>7684438
I like having a lean protein like chicken every day because it's cheap and filling. I typically only eat one full meal a day because I work a terrible job with no labor unions.
>>
>>7684704
SNAP isn't supposed to form your entire grocery budget.

>>7684714
Gotta have your gin and tonics
>>
File: 1462909841461.gif (73 KB, 300x153) Image search: [Google]
1462909841461.gif
73 KB, 300x153
>>7683879
>None of it's bullshit.
>goveganoroffyourself
>>
The biggest majority of people are not calorie starved.
So the calorie argument that "unhealthy" food is cheaper is a non-argument.

Beans, rice, potatoes, normal meat is ultimately more nutrient dense than overly processed food.
People often have vitamin deficiencies, not caloric deficiencies and "healthy" food is a lot cheaper on a vitamin basis.
>>
File: 1422999348644.jpg (68 KB, 592x594) Image search: [Google]
1422999348644.jpg
68 KB, 592x594
>>7683904
Unless that is some stupid Whole Foods shit, please tell me where someone would find that much chicken breast to cost around the same as that much junk?

You can't because it's fucking fake as shit. Even for organic chicken.
>>
>>7684799
I'm sick of posts like this. Why doesn't anybody just find a cure for autism? It's no fun diagnosing it anymore.
>>
cabbage is the cheapest food i can imagine.

and it's also the healthiest food i can imagine. just dense vitamins/minerals and tons of fiber. almost negligible net carbs.
>>
>>7685222
And dem farts!
>>
>>7683655
>3 starches
>no greens
Replace the potatoes with a veggie, preferably cabbage or broccoli.
>>
>>7685227

no.

make me.
>>
File: sup.jpg (13 KB, 300x412) Image search: [Google]
sup.jpg
13 KB, 300x412
>>7685275
Fucking watch yourself, mate.
>>
File: roadhouse.jpg (151 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
roadhouse.jpg
151 KB, 1280x720
>>7685276

oy cunt I'll thatch yer fookin' roof
>>
>>7683678
Asian market for life

You can get cheap proteins for a steal

>inb4 yeah but it's dog

Even if it was, Fido is delicious
>>
>>7683440
>pak n save new zealand chicken

this picture is full of shit. they sell 1.4 kg of chicken for 14.99 I buy that shit once a fortnight.

Those pies are 1.99 each and the drinks are 1.20 each so thats actually 14.80 not counting the chips which go on special 2 bags for $2 so the right picture has to be at least $20 worth and the chicken packaged like that is normally around $8
>>
>>7683440
Meat costs more than corn. Go vegetarian. Problem solved.
>>
>>7684704
rice 5
beans 3
sweet potato 2
assorted greens 10
limes 7
core bread things 3
garlic 1
toamto 1

adds up, but why would you spend so much on limes and why wouldnt you get a better job?
>>
>>7685292

>limes are a dollar

holy shit where do you shop? even at fucking harris teeter (overpriced as fuck) they are like 50 cents solo and less if you get them in bulk bags
>>
>>7685296
australia

coles has them for $1 each, occassionally they sell old limes in bags for slightly cheaper though.

However i have a lime tree so the cost is 0 for me.
>>
>>7683440
>more junkfood is more expensive than less
>tap water is more expensive than soda
>>
>>7685356
where i live water is 1 dollar for a gallon and soda drops to 90 cents sometimes. So yeah, its cheaper
>>
>>7683503
Well too bad

Here in Texas, chicken is $2-$5 per pound depending on where you get it. A 2 pound bag of jasmine rice is $2, and for the plain long grain white rice it's $.89 on special. A pound Baggie of black or red beans can be had for $.50.

I went to HEB earlier, picked up avocados for 45 cents a pop, a bushell of cilantro for 25 cents, and a large bag of bay leaves from the self-serve section for $1.

Move out of Canada, or better yet grow your own food you lazy bastard. Food is cheap even when I lived in Toronto. You just have to know what to look for, and not expect to buy super expensive high-ticket items.
>>
>>7683519
>organs

my nigga. liver is a massively underrated and people don't like it because of the icky factor they built up in their head. it's very basic cooking too if you can't be bothered, just flash fry it with some garlic.
>>
File: 1463559864867.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
1463559864867.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>7685297
whats to explain?
>>
>>7683492
They're NZ products.
Bubby soft drink and Bluebird chips are the shit.
>>
>>7683492
>Everything is expensive in Australia, anon
thats because literally all our good stuff gets sold over seas. The best apples and meat ive had were in Japan and they were product of australia. Our nation could be crazy good but instead everyone just sold out
>>
>>7685380

let me guess you wash down your metallic liver with a nice metallic IPA?

trash meat overpriced and sold to hipsters who have ruined their taste with a two pack a day cig habit
>>
>>7684006
It fucking kills me when people waste perfectly good bones.

>there are people who buy bones-on chicken breast and then throw away the bones
Horrible.
>>
>>7685384
That's why I got chummy with a local independent butcher.
I just want my share of the Powerball.
>>
>>7685385
What are you even ranting about? I buy my liver at the local butcher in the first place. Still cheaper.
>>
>>7685380
you shouldn't be eating liver really often unless you're a menstruating female with anaemia.

I believe the guidelines are something like 1-2 ounces a month for adult males
>>
>>7684704
Not really. Most people are simply stupid and have shitty eating habits which translates into even worse buying habits.

>what is making food in batches and freezing it
>what is buying in bulk
>what is leaving behind all that processed stuff you think you need because you're used to it
>>
>>7685394

>tastes like shit
>eat it with raw white onion to try to hide how fucking horrible it tastes

fucking awful
>>
>>7685371
>tap water
>>
>>7685397
>tfw constantly bleed out of my ass
>tfw have chicken liver once a week along with some sort of red meat (typically venison or beef) at least once a day
Shits fucked yo

I actually enjoy the taste of liver, especially cooked properly. They're the meat equivalent of Brussel sprouts. Cheap, always there, most people think they taste like shit because they've never had them properly cooked.
>>
File: visualizing vomit.jpg (78 KB, 1000x726) Image search: [Google]
visualizing vomit.jpg
78 KB, 1000x726
>>7685406
Sounds like you never had good liver, anon. Which is basically the reason why most people don't like organs - because they never had them prepared right.
>>
>>7685381

>costco
>giant wholesale bags of everything
>it's more pricey than a regular store

durr
>>
>>7685443
just reposting what he deleted.
>>
>>7685430
I'm glad you're able to eat something to help even that out
what the fuck makes you bleed out of your ass though?

that's gotta be psychologically damaging
>>
>>7685427
cant drink it here, everyone has to buy bottled water
>>
>>7685452
Really bad case of pilonidal cysts.

The little bastards have been debilitating in my case. If I sit down for too long or get up too quickly, it feels like someone is stabbing me in my butt.

I've had 3 surgeries thus far, and they've come back even worse.
>>
>>7685458
Fucking hell anon...
Suddenly another thing to be grateful that didn't go wrong
>>
>>7683440
In which world does chicken breast cost 14 bucks? I just bought 500 grams for 3€
>>
>>7684704
>Supplementary Nutritional Aid Program
>Supplementary

WEW
E
W
>>
>>7685371
>>7685454
$1 per gallon of water is cheaper than 90¢ per 2 litre of soda. That means the soda costs $1.70 per gallon. You dumb fucking fuck.
>n-no! i meant per gallon of soda
I've never seen soda sold in any sizes other than 3 litre bottles, 2 litre bottles, 1 litre bottles, 20oz bottles, 12oz cans and 8oz cans/bottles.
>>
>>7685533
water doesn't contain calories anon, so cost per calorie is much more in favor of soda
>>
>>7685537
But they're empty calories. Not in the pop understanding of the term 'empty calories' but the sense in which you don't feel satiated/satisfied/"full" from ingesting soda as you would, say, bread or rice.
Besides that point, if you really wanna go with the whole cost per calorie argument, drink literal sugar water. Unless buying in bulk, sugar is around 50¢/lb pretty much everywhere in the US. A 12oz can of cola averages about 145 calories. That's 37g of sugar or roughly 2.5 tsp, a cost of 2¢. To equal a two litre bottle of cola's caloric content, you'd need only mix a half pound of sugar with a little less than a half gallon of water. Total cost: 70¢ per 2 litre.
You could even add one 10¢ packet of drink mix powder, like Kool-aid or something to it and it would stil be cheaper than buying soda.
>b-but... it's not fizzy! that's the ticket, yeah!
Fizziness is neither nutrition/calories nor cost, and that's what this whole thread is about: nooch/cal v cost.
>>
>>7683568
That's about what I pay for chicken here in maine. Little cheaper for less popular cuts. Plus sales.
>>
>>7684653
What site is that? I need to know!
>>
>>7685434
Not the anon, but no, liver ACTUALLY tastes like shit. Kidneys, tongue, brain, hearts, teats, stomachs, I'm your man! Well made they are all delicious. Liver is just shit AND unhealthy and you should feel bad for advocating it.
>>
>>7685402
I bet you've never even WATCHED Jeopardy! before...
>>
>>7685564
I can consistently get 2 liters for less than 70 cents. And it tastes better than sugar water.
>>
>>7683440
Alright, that's outright false. Chicken breast doesn't go for 13 dollars a lb, and I'm sure that's only a lb, even if it is pre cleaned for you. This person is outright lying. Also, they should learn to cut their own meat.
>>
>>7683454
No it hasn't. Stop bullshitting.
>>
I get about 6 pounds of chicken at Sam's for $15. Wtf
>>
>>7683440
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8MO7fkZc5o
>>
>>7683503
Chicken breasts are the worst part of the chicken though. Its only best in a handful of dishes, Thighs are where all the flavor is
>>
>>7683524
mexicans in america are fatter than everyone but the blacks
>>
>>7685890

AUSTRALIA dollars, anon. Did you see the brand name of the junk food on the right?
>>
>>7685494
in the world of make believe
>>
>>7685963
>AUSTRALIA
So? All dollars are worth the same.
>Dollar
clue's in the name.
>>
>>7685764
shoprite
>>
>>7683444

At my supermarket I can get a whole rotisseries chicken cooked and seasoned to perfection for 5 dollars.
>>
>>7685979
>So? All dollars are worth the same.

Australia is a goddamn island. All food is seriously overpriced there due to the cost of shipping food in.

Consider the junk food too: do you think that 4 generic sodas and a few small bags of chips would cost a full $13 in the USA?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (10 KB, 331x82) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
10 KB, 331x82
>>7685979
>All dollars are worth the same.
>>
>>7683452
>Healthy food is too expensive
>I know, lets raise prices of unhealthy food!
>>
>>7685999
No its because even in excess it can be over priced. We could easily import fruits from the islands north of Australia.

Also 4 generic sodas and chips would come to about 7 dollars in Australia
>>
>>7684725
Actually most of those are Safeway items.

>you can tell by the shade of red of that tomatoe, each store uses a different dye to avoid lawsuits.
>>
>>7683444
This. Chicken breast is one of the biggest pleb memes of all time. Just trim the fucking fat and skin off of the thigh and you have an objectively better cut of the bird you lazy fucks.
>>
people are kinda fucked when it comes to food and shoping

we look for cost over value and most people have little idea how to smartly feed themselves in a sustainable way that provides leftovers and keeps feeding you

people need to think of shopping in terms of investment....buying bulk bags of rice,grains,beans, lentles ...spices and seasonings...theyere cost now and long term rewards in cupboards

insted people think they buy well by buying cheap meals which last them one go and then are done

the 14 dollar cart is cheap but how long will it last? its retarded to shop like that, its only thinking about the moment
>>
>>7683440
>You can buy a whole roasted chicken at Walmart for $5.60 anywhere in the US.
>Somehow 2 chicken breasts = $13.59

Yeah, not buying that bullshit.
>>
>>7686475
Oh your right, a roast chixken is 8 dollars while the breast in 12
>>
>>7686475

AUSTRALIA. How are people not noticing this? Even if you failed to recognize the brands of the products as Aussie then there's the fact that it's been mentioned multiple times in the thread already.....
>>
>>7686489
Thats from briyain you dip, those penguin chips and shitty packaging are distinctly uk. The Australian people are clarifying so they dont get mixed with the Americans since pricing is way different between the two
>>
>>7686524
>briyain
Really? They use dollars in "briyain"?

>>disctinctly UK
They're all over the place in Ausfalia.

>>The Australian people are clarifying
No, in this case I--an American--am pointing out that this clearly isn't our food.
>>
just to get some euro prices in this thread and some perspective how cheap in the US is:

whole chicken:
'mass farmed' - 4€/kg
free range - 10€/kg

chicken breast:
'mass farmed' - 5€/500g

I'm using 'mass farmed' because the most industrious farming techniques used here in Austria aren't even comparable to any mass farming done in the states.
>>
>>7686650
oh and 'free range' just means mininmal better living standards / better feed for the chikkins
>>
>>7683727
>The cost of meat is the most expensive part of shopping
that'd be alcohol
>>
>>7686657
Why guess when we can read the standard? At least let's read the Wikipedia article:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_range#European_Union
>>
>>7683440
Corn subsidies.
>>
>>7683530
im in california and that much chicked is like 9$
>>
>>7687250
I live in central and it's no more than 4$ a lbs
>>
>>7683440
eating garbage makes you satisfied, compliant, and stupid. social doctrine is to keep you as such since you are a lowly slave
>>
>>7686594
>They're all over the place in Ausfalia.
Nope. The only one of those brands that I've seen here is Burger Rings and our packets look a lot less gay. Those are NZ products, which explains the ridiculous pricing, shitty packaging and also terrible photo quality.
>>
>>7684653
A single bell pepper is $2.40 in Colorado this time of year. If they slap an organic sticker on it, it's $3.00
>>
>>7683440
I bought 5 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breasts this week at Wally World for $9.53 - Detroit, Michigan.
>>
>>7684704
>$29

No it isn't. I get to see their balance when they come through the line as a cashier. You get like $30 a week per person roughly. So that's like $120 for a family worth of groceries a week. I rarely ever see a card with under $300 on it at the beginning of the month.
>>
>>7689234
Bell peppers are $.50 here. How are they that expensive for you.
>>
>>7689259
As a single person, I get $200 a month in food stamps, which is the max at least here in Illinois. I don't even really qualify for them anymore since I work now, but they keep putting money on it every month.

I usually use it when I want to buy something nice like a good NY strip or ribeyes from whole foods that normally I couldn't justify buying with cash.
>>
>>7683625
Hope you don't apply that knowledge in front of other real people, or else your knowledge pool is relatively self contained within your little circlejerking friends. Get some culture.
>>
>>7689275
Good for you. Get what you can, when you can, for as long as you can. You dumped money into the tax system all your life. It's high time you got something in return.
>>
>>7689367

like a stable functional first world country?

faggots putting in $2,000 a year in taxes like "where my benefits at tho"

fuck you
>>
>>7689375
Your logic, writing and composition are comical at best, disappointing at worst. I hope you've been drinking.
>>
>>7684704
Or you could not be a retard when you have little money and buy a fuckton more beans and rice cut out the lines and most the veggies which you replace with more onions and whatever the cheapest pepper is and some 88 cents fifth season spices.Then you have rice and beans and bean chili for days.
Oh and if you need some fat in your diet pic up some deshelled sunflower seeds about 3 dollars for 14 200 calorie servings
>>
Except for produce and meat, you can buy just about anything else at a decent dollar store
>>
File: trump.jpg (420 KB, 1400x1200) Image search: [Google]
trump.jpg
420 KB, 1400x1200
>>7689403

i like to type as if everything here is a play

i think it makes it easier to read

also if you scroll past to skip my shit i am taking up more space and wasting more of your time

what do you expect in return for your generous contribution of $2,000 in taxes when you are already collecting $3,600/yr in SNAP
>>
>>7689375
Dude America is a shithole and the gov fails to do anything productive with our taxes
We have crumbling infrastructure
Shitty public schools and hyper expensive colleges
Broken healthcare system
Worst mental health system out of first world countries. Why do you think we have so many spree shooters? Our culture fucking breaks you down and it's super hard to see a shrink if you don't have a lot of money
Can't even keep us safe like they claim. Blowing up brown people in the Middle East is a waste of money and it doesn't even stop terrorist attacks back home
And finally the 100+ billion dollar war on drugs which hurts more Americans than it helps
>>
>>7689275
kill yourself
>>
>>7689500

I agree with all of your points except the first one. America has tons of problems. sure. But I certainly wouldn't call it a shithole. IMHO, a shithole has no infrastructure, no higher education, little if any medical care, no electricity, and so on. That's a shithole.
>>
>>7689498
Your third line was genuinely funny.
>>
>>7689532
Ok when it comes to first world countries American is a shithole compared to say Switzerland

Oh also another point to add about America the rich pay the least taxes and the poor pay the most it's just straight up retarded
>>
>>7683503

Canada is for fags and not a real country. My local grocer has been sells irk at a loss, $1.49/ gallon, and a big ass bag of chicken thighs is $8. Next time ask yourself if you matter before posting that shit. After you answer in the negative, don't post
>>
>>7683505

Most people shop at supermarkets, not whatever third world yard sales you frequent. Food is easily found grouped together and even the aisles are labeled by content. If you can't find a vegetable in the vegetable section something is wrong with you, not the stores. As for the 20% bullshit, a carrot is a carrot, but there's an endless variety of cookies. The cookies are tucked away in the center anyway. Stores are designed so you walk the perimeter to quickly get in and out while the fat and stupid people fuck around in the center aisles.
>>
>>7689500

i am guessing you are ~18 but ill go ahead and try to seriously respond to some of this

>america is a shithole with crumbling infrastructure
compared to what? it is objectively more stable than the vast majority of the earth

>shitty public schools
public school is little more than a daycare. if you have a desire to learn you will learn if you don't you can't blame the teachers

>hyper expensive colleges
my BS cost $20,000. there are plenty of affordable schools and easy access to grants/scholarships. if you spend a lot to go to a private school and get a shit degree thats your fault for being a dumbass

>broken healthcare system
surely there is room for reform but if you need treatment you will get treatment. our healthcare system might not be ideal but again its objectively superior to the vast majority of the world. first world healthcare is buckling under the literal weight of fat unhealthy lazy losers and preventative medicine (don't get fat and unhealthy to begin with) is the best hope for the future

>worst mental health system
again objectively better than most of the world where they would literally just let you die in the gutter. spree shooters usually do it for the fame and to spread their message/manifesto to the world. spree shooting would decline if they media would stop making them famous

>cant make us safe
do you feel unsafe? you should watch less TV

>war on drugs
they should stop locking up potheads. agreed. its stupid and clogs up courts/jails and the majority of states have already decriminalized/medicinalized or legalized weed

crack/heroin/meth are some of the worst blights we face and should be heavily penalized

>blowing up brown people in the middle east
damned if you do damned if you dont. if you try to fix the problem you get blamed and if you ignore the problem you get blamed. i like our current strategy of ignoring them and letting them kill themselves the best.
>>
>>7689563
>a carrot is a carrot,

But that's not true. And that's part of the problem our supermarket culture has created. Any kind of produce is available in countless varieities. They have different flavors, textures, and culinary uses. Yet the only things you find with that kind of variety at most supermarkets are apples and potatoes. The exact same variety exists for all the rest of the veggies, but they simply aren't available for purchase at most markets.

>>Stores are designed so you walk the perimeter to quickly get in and out

The opposite, really. Stores are designed to the most commonly sold items are at the back of the store, forcing you to walk past other items on your way there. Ever notice how basic staples like eggs and milk are always at the back of the store, furthest from the door?
>>
>>7689545

>ive never been to switzerland but john oliver told me its so much better than america

>rich people should give me some of their money because im mad i am poor and its the governments job to redistribute wealth
>>
>>7689577
>infrastructure
like compared to any European country. Just in my locality there were several bridges that were past their replacement date and almost unfit for use and the roads are ill maintained and full of potholes. Not to mention that all transportation infrastructure focuses on the car which is pretty inefficient

>schools
Public school actually used to teach students. what you said is not a rebuttal its just confirming that our school system is shit

>college
tuition and books prices has increased by over 400% since the 1980's. Its out paced inflation and quality of higher education has not increased 400%

>Healthcare
you are right about that. I was referring more to the fact that doctors work for insurance companies and try to push stuff on you you don't need. Also direct to consumer marketing for drugs. When you tell your doc you saw a drug on tv most of the time they will give it too you with little or no consideration. Finally what about the millions of Americans that the healthcare system has gotten addicted to opiates by prescribing unnecessary amounts of drugs to people

>Mental health
I don't know too much about mental health in other countries but if you dont have insurance its 250+ dollars for a session and most shrinks only focus on children so you still may be out of luck if you have insurance. Also in other countries they don't treat people with unneeded and expensive treatments that only keep them alive for maybe an extra month and gives them a shit quality of life.

>safe
I don't watch television but if they kept us as safe as they said they did then why did San Bernardino happen?

>Drugs
they should stop locking up everyone for possession of any drugs (sales is a different matter) and we should open clinics to actually help the addicted

>middle east
you act like they provoked us. Brown people got pissed off after decades of US meddling in the region.
>>
>>7689596
You do realize that the time when America was the most powerful and successful country in the world was right after WWII and we were basically socialist.
almost every American male went to College for free and got heavily subsidized loans to buy homes and open up businesses.

high taxes on the rich meant created one of the best public school systems at the time which we have let deteriorate

also the Eisenhower interstate program would be considered Communism now a days cause how dare the government make it easier for people and goods to move around!!!
>>
>>7683655
>oil
>marginal
Oil is like $5 a bottle.
>>
>>7689648
lol you are clearly very young and have never actually traveled to Europe if you believe any of that, quit believing everything you hear from your liberal teachers.
>>
>>7689675
want to rebut my points about America?
instead of just insulting me? it really shows that you have poor debate skills.
>>
>>7689593

If you want nerd vegetables you go to the hipster market. I like my fancy vegetables, especially for lacto fermentation, but for most every day cooking the mass grown stuff is suitable, especially considering the price. As for milk, it's still along the perimeter. My store d go in, go left to freezers and get my vegetables and chicken, then I walk the back for pock and beef if it's on the list, go on to dairy for milk, cheese, and sometimes yogurt, eggs are usually here too. I then go down the rice and beans aisle for whatever looks good there, last stop is produce, conveniently located near the exit and registers. Then I run back to the fat section for bread I forgot and jump back in line. The only stuff you walk past to get to the back is the staples, frozen vegetables, meat, and dairy. The middle aisles are too slow because of fat people who forgot what cookies are and stare in amazement trying to remember what's on the list.
>>
>>7689681
There is no point in debating a child. It's fruitless. You're ignorant. Perhaps one day it will dawn on you just how absolutely wrong you are.
>>
>>7689674

You don't need a gallon bottle per week. Oil is marginal unless you start every day with a couple shots.
>>
>>7689691
Amazing debate skills friend you clearly attended college. Your whats wrong with America. Too many ignorant people who just say your wrong I'm right and think they won the debate
>>
>>7689681
OK fine,

#1, the infrastructure thing is a myth designed to make contractors who work for the govt happy, how about you do some research instead of spewing shit you hear from people who just want to increase government spending.

>Just the opposite. Believe it or not, infrastructure has improved significantly over the last two decades. In its report for 2010, the Federal Highway Administration said that 57 percent of all vehicle-miles were traveled on federal highways with ratings of "good" or higher -- according to a measure of road quality pleasingly known as the International Roughness Index. That was up from 48 percent in 2000. The percentage of roads in bad condition has also declined: In 1989 6.6 percent of rural and urban interstates were rated "poor"; now only 1.9 percent of rural interstates and 5.4 percent of urban ones earn that grade.

Despite warnings from President Barack Obama, America's bridges have never been safer. The highway administration rated 21.9 percent of its bridges "deficient" in 2009, as compared to 37.8 percent in 1989. And contrary to Obama's implication, the word "deficient" does not mean unsafe, at least as the highway administration uses it. A bridge is "deficient" when it would benefit from expansion and renovation in line with usage.

Notice I am providing a source unlike you who pull shit out of your ass.
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2013-04-08/the-myth-of-the-falling-bridge
Try asking countries in Europe like Italy or Spain how well their infrastructure is doing as a comparison.
>>
>>7689713
>>7689681
#2 Public Schools are shit

Public Schools vary, but I can honestly say that my Public School experience was great, and if they are shit then it certainly isn't from a lack of funding, we spend more per student than almost any other country in the world and we are spending more money per student than we ever have before.

Source : https://nces.ed.gov/programs/digest/d12/tables/dt12_213.asp
>>
>>7689648

>pretty much any country in europe is better
the EU as a whole is reporting twice the unemployment rate of the US and some countries are totally fucked

Greece, Spain, Croatia, Cyprus, Portugal, Italy, France, Latvia, Finland all have 10%+ unemployment and the most successful country (Germany) is busy trying to bail out Greece and house millions of refugees while its own citizens are burning down refugee shelters

>schools used to be good
faggot liberals think everyone is supposed to succeed without trying so they remove/waterdown mandatory testing to inflate success rates

>college
again... cheap as fuck man i don't know where you went to school (you didn't) but i never bought a book/we had book rentals that we returned at the end of the year

>opiates
drug seekers getting addicted to drugs has happened since the dawn of time. most doctors avoid handing out pills like candy but the one bad doctor is always going to write the most scripts

>safety
safety vs privacy man. i would rather have my privacy than a nanny state with knife bins and cameras everywhere like england. more children die in swimming pools and car wrecks every year than from guns.

>drugs
clinics/rehabs are already available. rehab/drug education in lieu of trial is already a thing.

some people don't want to change/won't change

>who provoked who
doesn't fucking matter. let them kill each other and argue over ancient squabbles. fuck them.
>>
>>7689713
comparing the US to Italy or Spain isn't really fair.
Also I didn't know that about the bridges or roads its pretty interesting. One thing i am curious about is if they have altered the requirements for what is a good or a bad road

>>7689735
we spend more per student but that spending is very uneven inner city schools have almost no money because there are very few people who pay taxes that go to the school. Where as suburban schools have a massive tax base which the localities exploit. Such as the area that I live in with some of the highest property taxes in the US.
>>
>>7689735
Just weighing in here.

I grew up in Clear Lake, south of Houston in TX. My elementary school was very near Johnson Space Center. We were certainly a "rich" district. We had so much tech in the school that most of it wasn't even being utilized. I would say it was a very good experience.

On to middle school: a shithole. Gang fights, violence, little if any "advanced" or "honors" classes. No computer lab or computer classes. Even things like TVs for showing educational films were in very short supply. Poor teachers.

High school: back to being a good thing again. Large school, wanting for nothing.

Though I hear things are changing. A good friend of mine works with disabled children in a different city. The trend now (after "no child left behind") is to cut any sort of advanced or "honors" education and instead to "educate" as many disabled children as possible. Why? Because the government pays the schools more money for them than it does for advanced education. She has seen children literally in a wheel-in hospital bed set up in the classroom, unconscious and dying of cancer in school because that student is a cash ticket for the school.

We are spending a ton of money on education, yet despite that massive spending our education is behind countries that spend a fraction of what we do. Spending more money is not a good thing if it doesn't generate results. And right now our ratio of spending to benefit is waaaaay out of whack.
>>
>>7689737
>schools
so you agree with me that they are shit now

>College
haha currently finishing up my degree at a public university. Why has the cost of higher ed increased 400% since the 80's for now reason? just cause you can pay for it doesn't mean its not too expensive. by that logic a 5 dollar can of beans is not too expensive cause you have the money.

>opiates
I was referring to the high school athletes who break a bone get put on oxys and get addicted. Or the elderly population which docs just throw opiates at for chronic pain.

>safety
I agree with you on that all I am saying is a lot of people justify taxes because it makes us safe what I am saying is that is BS

>Drugs
but not like some of the clinics that exist in Europe. Its not a perfect system but is a step in the right direction instead of just throwing all the addicts in jail

> who provoked who
I agree we should let them kill each other and sell guns to both sides. But there is no reason to spend tax dollars and American lives in the region
>>
>>7689742
>comparing the US to Italy or Spain isn't really fair.
You said Europe, but when given specific examples you then say that it's not fair? A lot of the people who seem to think that Europe is so great really only mean that few countries in Europe that actually are good while ignoring the fact that most countries in Europe suck. You also like to ignore the fact that some of those rich countries like Norway rely on their natural resources like Gas to make their wealth.
>>
>>7689742
maybe those 'inner city' residents should git gud and stop monkeying around
>>
>>7689759
ok then why did you only go for the poor bankrupt countries? what about the successful ones?
>>
>>7689742

>its not fair that people that spend more money get better things

the worst thing for black people is black culture. not everyone is going to be a NFL/NBA player or a rapper but when thats the only thing valued by the community you end up with a lot of uneducated/unemployable felons that blame racism for all of their problems
>>
>>7689764
or maybe we should make large business that operate in cities pay property taxes that go to schools. Because they benefit form an educated populace too

>>7689766
No its not fair that inner cities literally do not have the money to educate their children. there should not be such a disparity between urban and suburban education in a first world country
>>
I've had to hunt down my grocery stores.

Shopping at chain grocery stores is really expensive. However, it is convenient. I slip up occasionally and buy expensive food if I don't have the time to travel to the three stores I regularly go to.

I buy my veggies and spices/herbs from a local farmers market. Everything is cheap, but ripe so I have to shop for what I am going to eat every few days (a week max, unless I am going to freeze it).

I buy rice from asian stores in bulk since it is usually cheaper at these grocery stores.

Then I wait for a sale on meat, stock up, and freeze.

It takes more work and planning this way, but it's healthier than just buying convenience food.
>>
>>7689756

>schools
i believe that if you have a strong willpower, desire to better yourself and family support that you can go to the worst school in detroit and become a brain surgeon who runs for president

its not the governments fault if you are stupid

>why have costs increased
because universities used to be for people that actually wanted to fucking learn. now its and "experience" that "everyone" is supposed to have and universities are crammed full over barely literate retards taking buidness management, communication and psychology

>opiates
when i am old and dieing i fully plan on just being in an opiate blur for most of it. if you break your arm in wrestling they are going to give you like 30 weakass vicodin and no way to renew it.
>>
>>7689774

They could just pay for school if there isn't enough of other people's money to use, or even home school the kids if they really cared and wanted them to have the best possible education. If they didn't even care enough to wait until they could feed their kids before having them the kids are below shit and will never amount to anything no matter how much is spent. Honestly we should just put them straight in prison and cut out the middle man. At least then we'd know the tax dollars are going towards making the country better.
>>
>>7689765
most of the successful European countries are also small and homogeneous, which usually allows for more social programs to be successful, when you have a large diverse population that enacts wide scale socialism you end up with countries like South America. Hell just look at France, they are currently having riots every day because of their socialistic government.
>>
>>7689765

>the US is a total failure because its not better than (arguably) 3-4 cherry picked countries in the entire world

and the US has barely touched its vast reserves of natural gas/oil that are a safety net of world dominance for hundreds of years to come

good thing trump is gonna MAGA short term
>>
>>7689784
so schools should not try to actually teach kids? just put the info in front of them and expect them to learn discipline out of nowhere? Its not an excuse and honestly i think both schools and parent are to blame.

>>7689785
this is how a country falls apart you allow a large portions of the population to go uneducated and stupid. Which leads to them being unproductive members of society and criminals. But you just blame them and don't want to help.

>jails are a better use of our money than actually trying to teach people

holy fuck I don't like to just insult people but you are a fucking retard
>>
>>7689792
I mean Geo politically we are mad successful. but that doesn't really make the lives of the people who live here any better
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
My mom visited me a week ago and gave me about 2 kilos of raw moose steak.

I'm not the greatest cook in the world nor do I have a lot of more sophisticated kitchen utensils like slow cooker or a grill.

How do I prepare this meat in the most dignified way possible given my situation? I don't want to just slap it on the a frying pan with some garlic and call it a day. I think meat this expensive deserves better fate than being used in typical a student meal.
>>
>>7689822
Fuck, sorry, wanted to create a new thread
>>
>>7683505
>but you'd have to spend a lot of time cooking

Because your time is so important right? Not to mention the time required is heavily overstated.
>>
>>7689674

your mom is fucking 5 dollars a bottle
>>
>chicken
>healthy
You can buy a bunch of lentils, rice, and produce for 13$.
I've also never seen chicken for 13$. Not even fresh from the local butcher. That'd buy you an entire chicken.
>>
File: progressive.jpg (15 KB, 261x181) Image search: [Google]
progressive.jpg
15 KB, 261x181
>>7689820

you do realize the average american on welfare lives better than an aristocrat from only a few generations ago...

nowadays people work less, live longer, eat more and expect/demand more than any people in the history of the world

you are probably unemployed sitting in your aircondition house eating meat right now bitching about how fucking terrible and shitty the world is

ungrateful fucking cunts
>>
>>7689891
Nigga what?
yes people now work less than they did during the industrial revolution but we still work much more than our farmer ancestors did

Also you are trying to tell me that the average person on welfare currently has a better quality of life than an aristocrat from the past say Andrew Carnegie? thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Also nice Marx image. I bet you think Marx was a Marxist
>>
>>7689909
Have you ever worked on a farm?
>>
>>7689914
No but you do realize that our ancestors who were farmers hardly worked during the winters they had more time off that we do today

There was a lot of work to do during the harvest and planting seasons. They also got more days off because of feast days. during which they wouldn't work and would just feast
>>
>>7689891
Clearly you have used your excellent knowledge of history and politics to come to your views.
>>
>>7689909

Carnegies family immigrated to America because their entire country was starving to death

He got his first job at 13 years old working 12 hours a day 6 days a week in a factory for $1.20 a week so that his family wouldn't starve to death.

Marx was like most famous communists. a privileged upperclass faggot who never had to work but loves to cry about how hard life is for poor people.

I don't think you have any concept how pussified first world countries are now compared to only 100 years ago.
>>
>>7689939

my great grandparents had to burn the furniture in their house so they wouldn't freeze to death one winter

you literally have no concept of how easy life is now
>>
>>7689960
I know that about Carnegie but whats your point? Once he made his money he was an American aristocrat

Marx wrote the communist manifesto and then a lot of people began to interpenetrate his work in ways he did not agree with such as the idea that all capitalism is evil. Marx believed that capitalism was part of the natural process of development towards socialism. also there is this

"All I know is I am not a Marxist" - Karl Marx look it up he said that

>>7689968
>Life was hard in the past so it can't be hard now

by that logic your grandparent had it easy cause at one point we lived in small tribes that were constantly in danger of starving or being killed by predators
>>
>>7689939
As someone who actually has worked on a farm, that's largely untrue.

During the winters different crops would be planted that what was grown during the summer. On my family's farm we planted either farro or winter wheat. The only situation in which no crops could be grown during the winter would be in climates where it would be so cold that the ground turns to permafrost. So unless you're talking about a farm in some place like northern Sweden or in Siberia, crops would absolutely be grown in the winter.

Also, the typical farmer would have more than just fields to worry about. You would typically have animals to care for. My family had horses to work the fields until they got a tractor. In addition they had cows for milk, as well as pigs, ducks, and chickens for meat and eggs. Dogs for security & rounding up the livestock, and of course cats to deal with the ever-present mice and rats. All of those animals require some degree of care on a daily basis: feeding, cleaning, milking, collecting eggs, etc. There are also countless other chores to be done: cleaning rocks out of the fields, mending fences, maintenance on the barn/stalls/etc.

"Feast days" certainly existed, but farming isn't like a desk job. You had to work when mother nature demanded it. If your crops looked ready to harvest but the weather looked like it was going to turn bad? Tough shit. You harvested regardless of what day it was--holiday or not. Cow giving birth at 3 AM? Yeah, you're up. And as for "hours worked", the average farm job is sunup to sundown. There's just too much work to be done. It sure as fuck wasn't a 9-5 with an hour lunch.
>>
>>7689939
>feast days
Wow. Once or twice a year they ate a big meal. Every other day was a struggle to keep your family alive throughout the year. Are people this fucking delusional? Jesus christ they used to die from hernias back then you retard. Now people just sit behind a computer screen for 8 hours and call it a day.
>>
>>7684007
>boil it

Found the guy who has no clue what he's doing
>>
>>7689968

>civil war - 1860
million+ dead, cities burnt to the ground, rationing, starvation, rampant disease, war camps full of prisoners, people walking with no shoes on till they die

>world war 1 -1914
38 million dead, cities burnt to the ground, rationing, starvation etc. rampant untreated PTSD

>great depression - 1929
rationing, poverty, starvation etc.

>world war 2 - 1939
60 million dead, genocide, starvation, entire countries leveled etc.

>2016
Muh SNAP benefits only gives me $300/month for steak. My kid deserves a free laptop. My government has failed me, I can barely afford new Nikes for my unemployed family.
>>
>>7689994
Do you even know about christian feast days?
there is a feast for a saint almost every day of the year. In different areas of Europe different St days were celebrated and there would often be large peasant festivals and Lords were responsible for providing several feasts days a year for their peasants

Also you clearly don't understand what life for peasants where like. There were times of famine when crops failed but that would effect just about everyone in society. If the crop didn't fail even the poorest cottier could afford food
>>
>>7689991
I was not talking about modern farms

And yes I know that you would do more work perday as it was a sun up to sun down affair

but the average peasant still worked less than the average person does today. They had more days off.

during the winter there was far less work that needed to be done
>>
>>7690007
>prehistoric
Humans starve to death every day living in the great rift valley

see now none of those other things seem so bad right?

also mass poverty, wealthy inequality, and a gov that does not give a shit about you and uses all of your money to forward the interests of rich donors is not a problem. You got your head up your ass or something?
>>
>>7690043

>crop failed this year
>sorry we are going to die kids

or

>harvest was good
>army came and took all the crops
>sorry we are going to die kids

you do realize that "feast day" is EVERY day now. you can literally be an unemployed NEET and eat 6000 calories a day every fucking day until your arteries clog.

how the fuck you can say "man life was easy back then you just had to work 12 hours a day 6 days a week since you were 12 years old"

just hope you don't die of some easily treatable sickness before puberty and the rest of your life is farm/factory work until you die. SWEET.
>>
>>7683879
>goveganoroffyourself
I thought for a moment there was a Russian name hidden in there.

>Gove Ganoroff
>>
>>7690066

you are just further illustrating my point. no matter how much better quality of life gets people will always be jealous of the rich.

you could give everyone in america a ferrari and there would be a group of hippies on college campuses complaining because we want the new model not the old one

wealth inequality has always and will always exist. either be happy with what you have, work to get more or cry like a little fucking baby about it.
>>
>>7690067
Your just focusing on the most worst and extreme times. there were plenty of peasants who lived their whole lives and only experienced a famine once or twice. Thats just how life was.

I never said life was easy I said they had more time off in America you get two weeks and weekends. Peasants had far more

yeah and now a days your a Mcslave for your whole life working 50+ hour weeks until you die. SWEET

also kids started working on farms way earlier than 12

>>7690080
All I am saying is that society should work together to reduce such inequalities and bring more people into the sphere of functioning members of society. I do not understand why this idea is always met with suck vitriolic hatred.

I never said we should eat the rich and give every one a ferrari. but the rich should actually contribute to the society that made it possible for them to be so rich
>>
>>7690061
>I was not talking about modern farms

Neither was I. The only thing "modern" about the farm I was describing is that we had electric lights in the barn and we had a tractor. Though when my father worked there they used horses to plow the field, pull the wagon, etc. They didn't get a tractor until the 1960's. One of my chores when I was a kid was to pump water from the well using an old-school hand pump. (why they had electric light but no electric pump for the water was always a mystery to me).

>>They had more days off.
There's never a day off on a farm like that. Want to know what we did on "days off"? The women fixed up clothing and the men worked to fix whatever needed fixing. I spent many a "day off" sharpening the shovels, straightening rakes, and performing carpentry repairs on the various carts and wheelbarrows. It wasn't as if you could drive to Wal-Mart to buy a new pair of pants or a new wheelbarrow whenever you needed one.

Winter time? Guess what needs a lot of work: chopping fucking firewood to stay warm.
>>
>>7690104

I neglected to mention that a bunch of stuff on the farm you have to do EVERY DAY--there is literally never a day off from that:

-feed the animals
-milk the cows
-collect eggs
-check fields/fences
-cooking
-cleaning
-maintain the fire in the stove (take out ashes, get/chop firewood, etc.)

Remember: no wal-mart. No microwave tendie meals. No central heating or a/c. Nothing was convenient.
>>
>>7690094

you get as much or as little time off as you want. if you hate your job quit and find something else. you can literally do (almost) anything you want. if you work for minimum wage your entire life there is no one to blame other than yourself for not trying to do something better.

>why the hate
most people work hard for what they have. most people are proud of their shit, their degrees, their jobs, their position, their house, their yard etc.

forcefully taking someones shit and giving it to someone else (taxes) has always left a bitter taste in peoples mouths.

>bernie 2016
>everyone is going to be a PHD after he gives "free" school to 330 million americans

most people suck, most people are stupid. it has always and will always be this way. if you take a bunch of money from smart/successful people and give it to retards/niggers/rednecks all they will do is waste it and ask for more.
>>
>>7690110
everyone else was cooking and cleaning daily too anon.
>>
>>7690121
Agreed. I wasn't trying to say that farm life was harder than other jobs at the same time period.

I was stating that contrary to what another anon was posting: no, you did not have more free time as a peasant farmer compared to modern day.
>>
>>7690104
Where you subsistence farmers? if no then its a modern farm where you have to work all the time to produce enough so that you can make enough money to pay taxes bills ect. not just feed yourself

>>7690110
haha I know that you have to do such chores also by that logic you need to breath eat and drink every day so there in never a day off

>>7690117
But the gov is going to take your money anyways and why is it ok for poorer people to pay a higher tax percentage than the rich? why is it stealing when the rich would benefit as well?

Also no where did I say poeple don't have to work and should live off welfare.

the only way that a person should get free money from the gov is if they are physically or mentally disabled and cannot work

also whats wrong with free education? we sent all the returning veterans from WWII to college for free and it created one of the most productive and industrious generations of Americans.
>>
>>7690123

>be rich enough to afford perfume to put on a rag to cover your face while you walk around outside
>i can barely smell the shit on the streets now
>>
>>7690137
>we sent all the returning veterans from WWII to college for free
yes and they were adults willing to fight for their country, not spoiled dumbass kids
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.