[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people do this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 11
File: image.jpg (435 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
435 KB, 1024x768
Why do people do this?
>>
>>7683229
Because it's delicious?
>>
>>7683236
Unless you find out a brilliant way to bite into it the tomato juice just flows out making it really messy. Works better for something like bell pepper though.
>>
Because that's the normal way to eat a nice ripe piece of fresh fruit in many parts of the world.

>image.jpg
>>
>>7683229
it's great, with some salt and pepper.
maybe even some oregano or basil.
next step would be cheese, mozzarella or parmesan.
and one further, there is tomato salad. awesome.
>>
>>7683238

learn to manage gravity
>>
>>7683246
You will notice that the girl in the OP is doing none of these things, and is instead eating that shit like it's a god damned apple.
>>
File: 8471456409_0e4cb5a62c_b[1].jpg (700 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
8471456409_0e4cb5a62c_b[1].jpg
700 KB, 683x1024
>>7683248

>learn to manage gravity

I know, right? It's like people on this board don't even into food and cooking sometimes.

Pic related is me enjoying some fruit the other day.
>>
>>7683245

>fruit

But thats a tomato
>>
File: oxheart tomato.jpg (403 KB, 1600x1157) Image search: [Google]
oxheart tomato.jpg
403 KB, 1600x1157
>>7683229
i just fucking bite into oxheart tomatoes

they're unbelievably delicious
>>
File: 1244519018247.jpg (33 KB, 334x290) Image search: [Google]
1244519018247.jpg
33 KB, 334x290
>raw tomatoes
>>
>>7683663
>>baww gimmie tendies momy
underage banned.
>>
>>7683238
That little girl has taken multiple bites out of that tomato without spilling any juice. That little girl is smarter than you.
>>
>>7683940

>tendies are the same as raw tomatoes
>implying I eat either
>implying your reading comprehension isn't the same as a parrot
>implying you're not a faggot

I hope you lose the use of your eyes, fag.
>>
Not to come off 100 percent Irish stew guy here, but I was once over at a friends house and some of their other friends also come over. This woman sees they have a few tomatoes sitting out on the counter and asks if she can eat it. My friend shrugs and says sure then she gets a bowl scoops it out with a spoon jack o lantern style, opens their fridge, finds ranch and just fills the cored tomato with ranch, and just eats it all with a spoon. I felt so nauseous the whole time and I think everyone in the room was deeply uncomfortable.
>>
Some people are behind the times, and haven't learned that they could be eating superior cherry tomatoes instead.
>>
>>7684200
>costs 4x more
>spoil easier and quicker due to increased surface area (this contributes to the cost as well)
>sold in tiny vegan-pandering cases with obnoxious branding and geometry
>high moisture content, meaning to juicy with little flesh, and bruise and thus contribute to spoilage
Grape tomatoes are superior, if any; much more flesh, same size, and firmer. Otherwise might as well go with a good old generic tomato.
>>
I'd never do that with store bought tomatoes. Those are mushy and have no flavor.

Now ones that you grow yourself or the ones from the farmer's market. They're so sweet and even better with a pinch of salt.
>>
>>7684219
>tiny vegan-pandering cases

Literally what the fuck nonsense is this that's pouring out of your keyboard.

Grape tomatoes are good, though.
>>
>>7684247
>Literally what the fuck nonsense
You tell me. I just want to buy some goddamn tomatoes, not a brand.
>>
I find it disgusting too, tomatoes taste way too acidic to eat like that
>>
>>7684265
You're sounding kinda hipster, dude.
>>
>>7683229
You baited everyone into coming out as a gigantic raw tomato eating faggot good work!
>>
File: mater.jpg (3 MB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
mater.jpg
3 MB, 3648x2736
>>7684265
Then don't buy NatureSweet, you ridiculous person. And Cherubs? Those are grape tomatoes. Nice move.

>vegan pandering

If you dislike vegan attention-whoring, why do you bring them up at all?
>>
>>7683663
>>7684277
>raw
Do you cook all your fruit besides tomatoes too?
>>
>>7684283
I meant raw in the sense of eating it by itself like an apple! Blanked on what else to call it :)
>>
>>7683631
Yes. Tomatoes are fruits. The culinary arts treat them as vegetables, but they are in fact, fruit.
>>
I eat peppers like that
>>
>>7684288
>eating it by itself like an apple
Yeah, that's what you usually do when you want a nice bite of delicious fruit.
>>
>>7684295

which doesn't actually stop them being vegetables
>>
>>7684306
But they're not vegetables. Just like carrots aren't fruit.
>>
>>7683238
>what are lips
>>
>>7683229
Tomato is a fruit, I don't understand why this is so radical

>>7683238
You suck/drink the juice
>>
>>7683229
This summer on a warm evening pick a tomato off the vine and bite into it. You'll understand
>>
>>7683229
Assumably to lose weight through vomiting.
>>
>>7684192
That actually sounds kinda nice depending on how much ranch she actually filled it with. Was it just completely filled with ranch or something?
>>
What you do is take a bite out of the top, near the stem. Nibble down the tomato wall, staying within that section of the tomato, until you reach the juice. Drink the juice and pulpy seeds, and then eat the rest of the now-empty section's wall. Repeat this with a neighboring section until you have consumed the entire tomato. Gnaw despondently at the base of the stem for the last of the pink-white core flesh. Consider eating another.
>>
>>7683656
ah, ripe sweet tomato with a bit of salt, delicos
>>
>>7684312

they are vegetables. the idea that fruits are one thing and vegetables are another is wrong. if we call pumpkins and peppers and aubergines and pea pods and wheat and corn vegetables then anything goes. if we call rhubarb a fruit what the fuck are we doing.

vegetables are just plants we eat. some of these are fruit. people love getting autistic about the fact that tomato is a fruit (it's actually a berry) but they show they don't know what they're talking about when they let all the other shit slide.
>>
>>7683238
He said it was delicious, not clean
>>
i eat them whole, no mess
>>
>>7683229
you are truely asking on an imageboard why people bite into tomatoes?

>why do you do that?
>>
>>7683940
K E K
E
K

REKT
>>
>>7684061
>little girl
?????
>>
>>7683656
Those are bad, anon. What was the expiration date on them when you got them? Throw them out man.
>>
>>7683229
Even though many people seem to eat just for fun or enjoyment, it is generally believed that eating serves the purpose of providing the body with nutrion and nurishment.
>>
>>7683238
Bite and suck in one go. As a faggot you should know this.
>>
>>7685695
Define a sandwich then you dumb prick.
>>
>>7686455
Only a horrible faggot bites in, you're not a real faggot are you?
>>
>>7686449

>it is generally believed that eating serves the purpose of providing the body with nutrion and nurishment
>nutrion and nurishment

I was going to say, "go to sleep 3rd world", but I guess that might be difficult when you're hungry; I wouldn't know.
>>
>>7685187

bout quarter of the bottle.
>>
I got a big old beefheart for that lady
>>
File: 1460766839688.jpg (29 KB, 400x396) Image search: [Google]
1460766839688.jpg
29 KB, 400x396
>>7683229
>I don't understand why people's habits differ from mine
immature scum
>>
>>7683238
put some sugar on it
>>
>>7686613

you wanna see my captain beefheart, nephew
>>
>>7685695
>the idea that fruits are one thing and vegetables are another is wrong.

Being the fucking retarded
>>
>>7686579
That sounds like way too much, a light coating of the inside sounds delicious though.
>>
>>7686677

good job formulating a sentence buddy
>>
>>7684943
>Tomato is a fruit,
not in a culinary function, only in a biological scientific categorizational function
>>
tomatoes are the most disgusting fruit in the world to eat raw
>>
ive actually wondered why dont they do it....cause it is a fruit.
>>
>>7683238
Looks like a beefsteak. Those are bred to have low juice so you can put them on sandwiches.
>>
>>7685695
> tomato is a fruit (it's actually a berry)

Is a berry not a fruit??
>>
>>7687545

yes it is a type of fruit
>>
>>7687545
That post is so ridiculous, you shouldn't bother responding. Anon's either retarded or having a cheeky laugh.
>>
I grew beefsteak tomatoes one year and ended up with way more than I and everyone I know could use.

I ended up just eating a lot of them like this. Quite delicious with a little sprinkle of salt.
>>
Tomatoes being classified as a "culinary vegetable" is so stupid.

The fact that there are people who can look at a tomato and see anything other than a piece of fruit boggles my mind.
>>
>>7685695
whether or not something is considered a fruit or vegetable is determined by what part of the plant you're eating. if it grows from a certain part of the flower i cant translate it's a fruit
>>
>>7687243
by that logic tofu is meat, cause it serves the same function in a dish? when you're wrong you're wrong mate
>>
>>7683940
>>7683663
When did it become a meme that it isn't okay to hate raw tomatoes and onions? I eat turnips and beets raw for example. I enjoy bitter food. The slimy texture and repulsive taste of raw tomatoes is not something I like.
>>
>>7687875
do you live somewhere Slavic or something?Who the fuck eats raw turnips and beets...
>>
>>7683229
am I the only one who does this with celery salt?
>>
>>7683229
I don't get it at all, as a kid I would see my friends beg their moms for some cherry tomatoes so if course I wanted some
When I bit into that watery acidic this g I nearly vomited, I can eat just about anything, I like cucumber by itself but how does someone enjoy that shit is beyond me
>>
>>7683229
I like to hold the tomato in my left hand, then I slice a bit off the top with a paring knife, sprinkle a bit of salt on, and eat it one slice at a time that way.
>>
>>7688046
>i like the taste of water sticks
>but what about this thing with flavor i don't get it
>>
>>7688108
If "fresh" had a taste it would literally be cucumbers. Raw tomatoes are terrible. Ina Garten confirmed it for me when she said that raw tomatoes need tons of salt. I knew something just wasn't right about raw tomatoes.
>>
>>7688135
>Ina Garten confirmed it for me when she said that raw tomatoes need tons of salt.

I think she likes more than just salt added to her veggies
>>
>>7683261
i wish i was that
>>
>>7684283
>Tomato
>Fruit
>>
>>7688407

>sweet
>juicy
>bright colored
>has seeds

Yeah, it's a fruit.
>>
>>7688418
Most importantly, it's a botanical fruit, i.e. flesh grows from an ovary. Like a zucchini. But not like a strawberry; each strawberry seed is actually an individual fruit that grows from an ovary, and the flesh is a vegetable.
>>
Nobody here wiki?
>While tomatoes are botanically and scientifically the berry-type fruits of the tomato plant, they can also be considered a culinary vegetable, causing some confusion
>>
>>7688046
It's not supposed to be acidic. Nor taste watery.
It should taste of fucking tomato, but apparently tomato-tasting tomatoes are a rare thing nowadays.
>>
>>7686441
>>7686441
Expiration date? These are from the backyard niqqa and they're just ripe, not even that ripe
>>
>>7688681
Its easier to grow tomatoes that are watery and shit as it takes less time.
>>
>>7687770
>>7687591

how is it ridiculous? everything i said was true.
>>
>>7688681

tomatoes are supposed to be acidic

>>7687636

it's considered a vegetable because it's used as a bulk component in savoury meals.
>>
>>7684265
buy the cherubs from costco dude, theres like 600 in there and they taste so good
>>
>>7688135
Don't give up. I have had raw tomatoes that were mushy and tasted like stale paste, then I have had raw tomatoes that were bright and fresh and tasted almost tangy and red, they were great, I can't describe the taste.

Don't make walls for yourself bro, keep trying the things you think you dislike.
>>
>>7687545
if you prick a berry does it not bleed?
>>
>>7688433
It's an aggregate fruit.

It was said much earlier in the thread. How can /ck/ of all people still think "vegetable" is an equivalent botanical term to fruit when the category of vegetable includes things that are botanical leaves, to roots, stems, tubers, and so on. The reason why vegetables as a category includes so many things from different botanical groups--no, it's not that vegetable is an umbrella botanical term for "everything that's not a fruit", because that would be stupid--is because it is a, as mentioned, culinary term.

You know, there's that saying. It takes intelligence to know that a tomato is a fruit, and wisdom to know not to put it in fruit salad.
>>
but OP, people DONT do that.
>>
>>7688777
That's beyond retarded. If it isn't fucking good the first time it's never going to be good. An "acquired taste" is just a shit taste you don't like but your stupid ass kept eating until your brain started to change your perception of the taste because it cannot conceive of a reason you would keep eating it if you didn't like it.
>>
>>7688888

why did you have to go and waste perfectly good quints on such a retarded post
>>
>>7683229
>Why do people do this?

The question is: Why don't MORE people do this?
>>
>>7688842
You obviously don't interact with anyone IRL, your guesses are not accurate.
>>
>>7688762
In modern language vegetables, fruits and grains are considered mutually exclusive, going by old definitions any kind of plant is considered a vegetable, food or not
>>
>>7688910

it's not an old definition it's just the less nebulous one. fruits and veg are separated by how they're used, nothing specifically biological, so it's fucking annoying when people come in with their taxi driver wisdom every time you're talking about tomatoes, and somehow it never happens when you're talking about all the other vegetables which fall under some other taxonomic group
>>
>>7688894
Go shovel feces in your mouth you fucking fetus, eventually it won't be so bad, just like you acquired tastes.
>>
>>7688951

a shit argument is a shit argument
>>
>>7688961
And pointing out post numbers is fucking /b/ level kiddie shit.
>>
>>7688928
>my stupidity supersedes taxonomy.
>>
>>7688980

where am i saying anything should 'supersede taxonomy'.

>>7688977

you can comment on post numbers and also make good points. you can't, however, make a facile comparison between stuff you don't like and shit and make good points.
>>
File: eating raw onion.jpg (42 KB, 634x357) Image search: [Google]
eating raw onion.jpg
42 KB, 634x357
>>7683229
My dad does that all the time,

what truly scares me is when people do this...
>>
>>7688987
>you can comment on post numbers
Not on blue boards. The only thing that does is let everyone know you're new.

Go root for some dubs back on /b/, junior.
>>
>>7683238
why has no one posted the meme picture
>>
>>7688997

well i'm glad you've found a way to dodge the scrutiny brought upon your argument by retaliating with a trivial complaint about board etiquette.
>>
95% of tomatoes I've eaten have been absolute shit, but the other 5% I would eat like that. Tomatoes are usually bad, but good tomatoes are GOOD, if you've never had a good tomato you don't understand. They have a perfect semi-firm texture and a subtle yet very flavorful taste. They're a very refined and intricate thing.
But most tomatoes are shit
>>
>>7689023
I believe you think you're talking to a different person. I only showed up to call you a dipshit about the post numbers.

Dipshit.
>>
File: columbo2a.jpg (32 KB, 608x411) Image search: [Google]
columbo2a.jpg
32 KB, 608x411
>>7689025
>but good tomatoes are GOOD

you have to grow them yourself for really tasty fruit

never bought a tomato that gets close to a garden tomato
>>
>>7683229
Any good cock sucking tomatoes out there?
>>
>>7683229
do what? Eat tomatoes?
>>
>>7688988
a good onion isnt bitter, but sweet.
>>
>>7689194
Vidalia are the boom diggity bomb of all onions.
>>
File: mayo french.jpg (54 KB, 576x384) Image search: [Google]
mayo french.jpg
54 KB, 576x384
>>7683229
You know what's even worse?

Them europeans that put mayonnaise on their fries.
>>
>>7689236
That's an internet meme. They don't really do that. No one is that gross.
>>
File: mayon in a french.jpg (38 KB, 520x289) Image search: [Google]
mayon in a french.jpg
38 KB, 520x289
>>7689239
Yes they do, the dutch do it all the fucking time, they just try and hide it, but you go there and they publically do it. Everyone in the netherlands eats their fries drenched in mayonnaise.
>>
>>7688980
See >>7688820
>>
>>7689250
mayonaise, ketchup and diced onions. all at one.
Pommes spezial.
And it is great.
And mayo is better than ketchup anyways.
You us guys are just hooked hard on the HFCS shit.
>>
>>7683229
Dont you know the skin on those things are loaded with toxins?
>>
>>7689250

We do, and with good fucking reason, because mayo > ketchup all day erry'day on fries.

Fuck, seriously, I don't even like mayonaise that much but it is godlike on fries. Rarely use it on anything else.
Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.