[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do American's cook their bacon until it is so dry and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: rashers-bacon-7120977.jpg (48 KB, 400x279) Image search: [Google]
rashers-bacon-7120977.jpg
48 KB, 400x279
Why do American's cook their bacon until it is so dry and overcooked it literally crumbles and snaps? No other meat is cooked this way, when people eat meat they expect it to be soft and tender. What you're doing is overcooking it.

pic related, this is what bacon should look like.
>>
>>7682922
It's cool you think about US all day. idontthinkaboutyouatall.jpg
>>
>>7682932
I don't think about you personally and I never will do.
>>
>>7682922

>no other meat is cooked this way, when people eat meat they expect it to be soft and tender

Well that's just plain wrong.

You need to understand that there's an entire world out there, not just whatever isolated little country you come from and America.
>>
I'm dutch and I like it that way too. Chewy bacon makes me hurl. Americans aren't one person.
>>
>>7682952
American is a metaphorical term for people on /ck/ with bad taste.

You are American.
>>
>>7682954
USA USA USA
>>
>>7682941
He's American. Most anti-American shitpost are posted by Americans.

>>7682922
That's some right tasty ham you've got there, Amerifriend.

>>7682952
I'm Swiss/Italian and I also like crispy bacon. Back "bacon" just ain't bacon, IMO.
Are you the Netherlander from the salad thread the other day?
>>
>>7682965
>Most anti-American shitpost are posted by Americans.
You have no way of knowing that.
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>7682965
No I'm not. There's a ton of dutch people on 4chan though, especially compared to population total.
>>
>>7682972
>no way of knowing
How about shibboleths?
I've noticed several times where anti-American posters trying to stir up shit by pretending to be Brits or Aussies. The give away is a combination of sentence structure, word and idiom choices and spelling. Often, they'll use commonwealth spellings, to try to seem Brit, but their use of American idioms betrays them.

Though OP hasn't given anything away just yet, due to the patterns I've noticed with other funposters like this, I am fairly confident that he's American.

>>7682974
True, true.
>>
>>7683007
You're doing gods work son.
>>
>>7683007

I've noticed the opposite.

Brits and Aussies give themselves away so easily it's not even funny, and they are responsible for the vast majority of anti-American shitposting.
>>
>>7683007
The use of the word "literally" when it's unnecessary is an American trait as is the inappropriate use of the word "like".
>it cost me like , 200 euros.
>>
>>7682922
That's ham, not bacon.
Bacon is enjoyed crispy.
Ham is only good if it's crispy on the outside, nobody would enjoy overcrisped ham. Especially the type of ham in that pic.
>>
File: fag point.jpg (1 MB, 1191x1500) Image search: [Google]
fag point.jpg
1 MB, 1191x1500
>>7683054
>I don't know the difference between ham and bacon
On a food and cooking board, no less.
>>
I like my bacon at the happy medium where it chews nicely in your mouth, but if you tried to get it to snap from bending, it would.
>>
>>7683071
Why do canacucks and euroclaps get so defensive when I point out that their "bacon" is actually slices of ham?
>>
>>7683044
"Like" might be, but Brits and Aussies say "literally" quite a lot, too. Women, particularly.
>no one cares about kiwis

I started to notice Amerifriends pretending to be Bongs when a guy some time ago in a supermarket thread was posting some rather incendiary anti-American things whilst using all the S-forms of words as well as the -our-forms. When he described Waitrose as "upscale" rather than "upmarket," however, I grew suspicious. I asked him what he thought about Iceland. He replied, talking about the country and not the supermarket, which only confirmed my suspicions. He was an American.
>>
>>7683085
Because stupid hurts.
Do you see a leg bone in that meat?
No?
Then it is not ham.
>>
>>7683103
So sliced ham isn't ham because no bone=no ham?
>>
>>7683109
If there isn't at least a hole where the bone was, no it's not ham.
>>
File: serrano_ham.jpg (20 KB, 424x358) Image search: [Google]
serrano_ham.jpg
20 KB, 424x358
>>7683115
Are you mentally handicapped or just pretending to be? Either way you should stop posting.
>>
>>7683093
>He was an American.

As dictated by tradition he was then killed at 6 bong.
>>
i don't think i've ever had 'juicy' back bacon in a full english scenario. it's just a bit less overcooked than american style streaky, and american style streaky has more fat and more browning so it tastes a bit better to be honest.

you could serve 'juicy' bacon if you wanted but seeing as it's not been purged of its salt it would be pretty fucking gross.
>>
>>7682922

you don't have to cook it that much. I like it in between crispy and soft. but soft bacon sucks, it's just ham.
>>
Rasher bacon is pork loin with the connecting rib/belly part still hanging on. It's part canadian bacon, part streaky/belly bacon, but it is not ham.
>>
>>7682922
Americans tend to use streaky bacon, which when cooked soft is kind of tough and chewy, needs to be crispy to taste good.
Good old rashers however, can be cooked however you want. But the yanks may never know the pleasure.
>>
>>7682922

There's few things worse than soggy bacon. Soggy bacon is dog food, plain and simple.
>>
If I wanted ham i would eat ham
>>
I'm from Britain and I love crispy bacon OP
>>
>>7682922
Do you like your chicken skins soft and rubbery? What about chicharones? People like them crispy for the same reason: soft fat and a thin rubbery meat is disgusting feeling. It feels like a blob of grease in your mouth.
>>
>>7682936
>will do
>>
>>7683007
This is true. The number of times I've seen someone pretending to be British mis-use the word "wanker" (I.e. they used it) is so high its more sad than funny.
>>
>>7683109
Ham comes from the hind legs of a pig, bacon does not.
>Really disappointed I had to point this out to /ck/ of all boards.
>>
>>7685933

>mis-use the word "wanker" (I.e. they used it

i grew up using wanker all the time. my mum's bf beat me up for it.
>>
>>7683044
I dont think the use of like or literally unessasarily is not-british. The misuse of literally especially is a well known thing i personally had a phase of overusing like as-well.

The british back bacon meme needs to die. Streaky has almost the same representation in supermarkets and has done for a while. Fastfood, supermarket food and places like greggs use it almost exclusively over back bacon.

I personally buy smoked streaky and have done for a while. Though i dont overcook it
>>
>>7685953
>i grew up using wanker all the time

Right, and you might just shout "Wanker!" at someone, or use it with a group of mates. But nobody, and I mean nobody, uses it in the way that Americans seem to think we do.
>>
>>7683054
Wrong, bacon is enjoyed however you like it. Personally I like it soft and kind of floppy when I eat it alone and crispy when I put it on a sandwich or into some other dish.
>>
If you prefer soft bacon to crispy bacon you just have fucking shit taste. Go eat ham instead.
>>
>>7682922
Americans use a different type of bacon entirely

it's weird, I don't really see any reason to eat rashers of bacon instead of proper bacon, rashers are purely for cutting up little bits of bacon for recipes
>>
>>7685969
ex greggs employee here, it's definitely back bacon
>>
>>7686109
Pork fat is really nice though, especially when cooked crispy. The ratio of fat to meat is better on streaky bacon. It's the same reason chicken wings are so good. Eating only lean meat for health reasons is one thing, but pretending it tastes better than meat with a decent proportion of fat is a lie.
>>
>>7685949
I'm disappointed that you think that the only indication that it's ham is the where the bone was. Nevermind that it's made of a few muscle groups and can be easily separated from each other with no sign of the bone.
>>
>>7686114
i mean in the pre-packed stuff i know the breakfast is usually back. But bacon rolls are standard for that.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.