[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /ck/, what's the best cooking related piece of equipment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: red_final[1].png (143 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
red_final[1].png
143 KB, 900x900
So /ck/, what's the best cooking related piece of equipment you've ever purchased?

Doesn't have to be the most expensive, just the most useful to you. I'd have to say a kitchen thermometer personally, not only did it obviously allow me to do meats correctly, it better taught me how to judge time and appearance needed for things without having to slice it open before it's done
>>
Chefalarm oven thermometer. I tend to finish things in the oven these days so its definitely convenient.
>>
Probably my pizza stone. allows me to make perfectly crisp za, even from frozen in the oven
>>
>>7682862
I'm op and just have the one in the pic, but I'd like to get one of those you can leave in. I'm assuming you can use it on the grill as well? Seems like it would be handy
>>
>>7682875
Yeah the probe it comes with can take grill temps.
>>
Not even trolling, I used this thing so much during college. It took 4 minutes in the microwave and has a fill line for perfect doneness, and I didn't have to wait for a pot of water to boil or have to clean a pot up.
>>
>>7682887
>It took 4 minutes in the microwave

How is that any different than any random microwave-safe bowl?
>>
>>7682887
you know what else does that? a bowl.
>>
>>7682887
I'm triggered.
>>
>>7682891
>>7682893
>>7682898

there's a lot of variation in the right amount of water/time in the microwave to get it right, I usually over or under cooked it. Knowing the exact amount of water and time to set and knowing it was going to come out the same every time was nice. And it was like 5 bucks for 2 of them, so I don't see the big deal, it was convenient.
>>
File: 244.jpg (349 KB, 2508x1376) Image search: [Google]
244.jpg
349 KB, 2508x1376
pic related
>>
>>7682855
The scale, not only did it allow me to weight my meat it also allowed me to weigh my weed.
>>
>>7682855
A 4 gallon pot

Your gadget is retarded. Taking the temp is autistic. I have been cooking since i was 10 yrs old and other than some truly degenerate beach drunken campouts with stale chicken no one ever died

Measuring temp is a faggot chef meme. Anyone worth their salt can eyebal it.
>>
>>7682920
kek I'd like to know what percentage of kitchen scales sold are actually used for weed. I've never had a friend who has a kitchen scale actually use it in the kitchen
>>
>>7682938
I hope you know your post just screamed autistic more than using a meat thermometer ever would. Why is wanting your food done right a bad thing? We're all not as blessed as you with your magical eyeballing skills
>>
As far as electronics go, a couple of digital scales. One gram and hundredths of a gram increments, respectively.

Opens up a whole new world of baking possibilities and precision.

You might think you need a fancy oven that produces steam or gets up to 900 F, but that's just not true. You probably already have nearly all the tools you need to start making expert quality bread.

This is bread that will rival anything made in the ancient world. Not a hard thing to do, admittedly.
>>
Cheapo bench scraper. It makes working with wet dough an order of magnitude easier, portioning and moving dough around with it is satisfying, and cleaning down the surface takes about ten seconds with it even if it's covered in dried on gunk.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.