[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Never bought bacon ends before. What am I in for? Pic unrelated,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: oct11-baconendspieces.jpg (16 KB, 272x235) Image search: [Google]
oct11-baconendspieces.jpg
16 KB, 272x235
Never bought bacon ends before. What am I in for?

Pic unrelated, just first thing nabbed from Google.
>>
Smoldering farts and swamp ass.
>>
>>7680988
have you ever ate the ends of a peice of bacon?
That's what you are in for
Because bacon ends taste like the ends of bacon
They even have the same texture and shape
They even come from the same part of the pig.
>>
>>7680988
Ends and pieces of bacon.
>>
>>7680988
>What am I in for?
not middles or completes
>>
>>7680988
Much more fat than usual, uneven pieces but it can still be very good.
>>
File: bacon.jpg (475 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
bacon.jpg
475 KB, 1600x1200
>>7680988
I bought pic related at Walmart and was not disappointed.

It was pretty much 50/50 bacon meat and bacon fat, which was pretty decent considering it was cheap as hell.

The bacon will be a mixture of those dirt cheap 'irregular' bacon strips you see at the grocery store (the pieces, usually 90% fat) and actually useful chunks of pure fat and meat (the ends). The bacon pieces and fat chunks are good for seasoning pans and the meat chunks are great on their own, a little tougher than bacon strips but way smokier.

Expect to separate the meat and fat by hand, especially the chunks, it's just a hell of a lot easier than trying to cut it up.
>>
really inconsistently cooked bacon. Hope you like char and stringy fat
>>
>>7680988
Good for soups or pork and beans.
Render it first, drain it on paper towels, add it in, low and slow.
>>
>>7680988
If I was you I would make soup with that
>>
Great for breakfast burritos.
>>
Fuck I hate that bacon ends have caught on with the hipster foodie crowd time was a 1kg box of bacon ends was $6 at my local
>>
I ate this about a year ago and I'm still suffering from the gas it produced... Proceed with caution anon.
>>
>>7681035
Holy shit
>>
>>7681245
It's really more that meat is getting expensive and people are looking for cheaper cuts. Pork butt is getting more expensive too.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.