[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who /salad/ here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
I need some ideas for green salads since I fell off track with my diet for a few months. But I don't want to get bored eating the same shit everyday. Also, call me a child but I can't just throw a bunch of ingredients on top of lettuce and call it a salad, there needs to be some sort of cohesiveness to it. Here's what I have so far:

Asian mandarin chicken with almonds
Greek
Turkey pear bleu cheese with pecan
Chicken(or steak?) Gyro
Buffalo chicken bleu

Also, salad general
>>
>>7680226
R u a grrrrrrl?!?!
>>
>>7680235
Oh gee, you sure got me with le olde "men don't eat salad" meme.
>>
>>7680226
>fresh spinach/salad greens
>Pouch of tuna (I like the hickory-smoked flavor)
Sliced grape tomatoes
Sliced almonds
Dried cranberries
Pepper, salt, dill, maybe some other herbs
Lemon juice

Use red wine vinegar for dressing
>>
>>7680226
I found that salads are way better topped with sunflower seeds.
>>
>>7680226
>bleu cheese
Are you French or just a retard?
>>
>>7680259
They don't though.
>>
>>7680226
Lightly steam or microwave for a minute some kale or mustard greens. Let cool. Toss with chopped walnut or pistachio, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, goat cheese. Serve cool
>>
>>7680712
Are you pedantic or unsociable?
>>
>>7680753
The two are not mutually exclusive.
>>
>>7680717
I eat some salad with my lunch every other day and I get the same comments from my coworkers.
These people live on a diet of fried food and pizza.
Fuck this dead end job.
>>
I'm from a heavy salad-eating culture, but we seldom have more than one or two ingredients plus salt and dressing, so I don't know if that's quite what you're looking for. For example, we'll have broccoli salad and it's just broccoli and dressing or carrot salad, which is carrot and a little bit of radish. That sort of thing. If that interests you, read on.

Try things other than leafy greens. Using a vegetable peeler, shave a carrot, turnip, long radish, cucumber or beetroot into ribbons and eat that. Or cut a tomato into wedges. Or shred up some cabbage.

Keep several separate components of dressings rather than store-bought dressings. Examples: olive oil, sesame oil, vegetable oil, balsamic vinegar, white wine vinegar, cider vinegar, rice vinegar, lemons, various mustards, miso paste or dwenjang, ginger, garlic etc

Try cooked salads. Sounds weird, I know, but they're pretty common in my country. Basically, you fry, grill/broil or blanche/shock a veg and dress it while still hot. Then, you allow it to cool completely and serve (though blanched ones are cooled before dressing during the shock phase of prep). Examples: sliced aubergine, sliced zucchine or mushrooms can be grilled or fried before dressing.
Cauliflower florets, broccoli florets, halved or quartered Brussels cabbages, shredded white cabbages and shredded red cabbages are typically blanched and shocked.

Try salad-ing something you wouldn't normally. I recently sliced an apple into very, very thin wedges and ate it with salt and citronette dressing. It was quite good.
>>
>>7680796
>Keep several separate components of dressings rather than store-bought dressings.

Listen to this anon because this is key.
Bottled dressing is terrible.
>>
>>7680777
Nor was the or. Both is fine
>>
>>7680812
To be fair, I wouldn't think it poor form for someone to buy blue cheese dressing rather than making it.
>>
Sprouts are good, and you can sprout pretty much any seed if you wanna do them yourself. I like lentils.
>>
>>7680717
What's it like living in Scotland, faggot?
>>
>>7680825
Where I live (Netherlands) it comes in a few herby flavors that make your salad taste like you dumped three tablespoons of sugar in it.
I hate anything more than a subtle sweetness in a salad unless it's a fruit salad.
Dressing is super easy to make.
>>
>>7680866
That includes blue cheese dressing.
>>
>>7680866
In my country (Italy), salad dressings aren't a common thing for people to buy, never mind blue cheese dressing, but I've tried both blue cheese and ranch dressing in the US and like them both. I've tried making them at home to no avail, which is why I wouldn't begrudge any man who makes other dressings at home but buys blue cheese (and/or ranch) dressing.
>>
>>7680858
Cold and violent but at least we have government subsidies on heroin to keep us happy.
>>
I'm not much of a creamy dressing person. Variations of oil and vinegar, tahini, lemon juice. That's all I really ever dress with. For bleu cheese I like buttermilk blue crumbles. Creamy dressings are for wings and pizza.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.