[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Were they serious when they came out with this? It reminds me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
Were they serious when they came out with this? It reminds me of McDonald's failed attempt at selling pizza.

I understand that our general populace consists of those willing to spend money on a 5 minute burger rather than to drive down the block for a higher quality for the same price (or $2 more) and justify it with "convenience". Even if the other place next door is just as quick, they're oblivious to it. You've all seen it, people will give up and settle for McDonald's often. It's a low point in someone's diet.

The real reason is brand loyalty and marketing. It's obvious enough but it needs to be said. You would not have products like this if it weren't for people willing enough to buy it.

McDonald's gains business with a bigger Big Mac. That's all it takes. Burger King releases a hot dog. That's unfortunate that this is all it takes. But I love watching it happen.

That being said, anyone tried their hot dogs?
>>
>>7679319
They're pretty good. That faggot probably had a long drive home and let everything get shitty. Try the Whopper dawg
>>
>>7679319
They are reviewed to be pretty good in fast food restaurant standards. Try it.
>>
>>7679340
>fast food restaurant standards

What does that mean exactly?
>>
>>7679319
If i want a fast food hot dog i go to james coney island. Bk has good breakfast sandwiches and pretty good french fries but that looks like shit compared to a jci dog.
>>
Checkers/Rallys has dog sandwiches year round and has for years
>>
no idea, but i have been wanting to try the Whopper Dog. made just like a whopper
>>
>>7679412
Yep, and they're decent (although not worth the price 99% of the time). BK just has the one.
>>
>>7679413
>made just like a whopper

Oh god they have you repeating the commercials!

But seriously "made just like a whopper" doesn't really mean much of anything. Hell a whopper isn't made the way people think it's made at the restaurants. Don't dare yourself into buying something that's surely going to be a disappointment. I mean it's all yours but just a suggestion, I personally don't see the point in going out and buying a fad food product just to see what it's like if it's this apparent that it's bad. If it's the McRib, the huge Big Macs, fine, but this I think everything behind it (the name, the fact its being sold by Burger King, the picture, the reviews) says it all.
>>
The searing makes all the difference. If I need a fast food dog I only get the bk ones now
>>
>>7679413
>Mayo, ketchup, tomato, and pickle on a dog

No
>>
>>7679412
>tfw Checker's has commercials on TV in my area, but no stores for miles
>>
>>7679422
>whopper isnt made the way people think it is at the restaurants

that is so confusing, i literally have no idea what you mean. your sentence could mean at least 3 things.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.