[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Salsa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: 1.jpg (308 KB, 1631x1631) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
308 KB, 1631x1631
Making salsa today. Want to make it chunky not food processor paste.

>Definitely Using
Tomato
Lime
Cilantro
Salt
Red Onion
Jalapeno or Serrano peppers? Roasted?

>Maybe
Garlic
Olive Oil
Cumin
Pepper
Scallions

Whats your recipe?
>>
>>7678971
When i make it i like it almost like a tomato slurry. Put it in the fridge over night and it gets good. Mine is simple. Lots of tomatos, white onions, jalepenos, garlic, cilantro and salt. All fesh. Food processor until it is tiny chunks and tomato juice.

The chunky stuff looks better but trust me. After a day in the fridge you will want to drink this stuff.
>>
>>7678971
put some fennel and serrano over jalepeno , always. habaneros if possible.
>>
>Put chili, onion, tomatoes, garlic in oven on high heat, let it get charred on the outside
>Take out from oven, let it rest until manageable cooled
>Chop everything up with a knife, add salt, coriander, lime juice other spices
>>
just dont
>>
>>7678971
use red onion
>>
Try adding just a littel bit of sugar to play with all the spicy thing you put in
>>
>>7679149
If you ever use fennel in a salsa I will kill you.
>>
I like adding artichoke hearts
>>
>>7679263
Stop.
>>7678971
Roasted in lard is good.
>>
>>7679268
I have done it many times m8 and I'm as Mexican as it gets. I also use a bit of sugar when I make a tomatillo salsa to cancel out the tartness
>>
>>7679278
I don't believe you. I have never ever encountered a Mexican dish with fennel. And I'm as Mexican as it gets too. Only times I've seen fennel is in Greek medditerranean and California food.
>>
>>7679283
>I have never ever encountered a Mexican dish with fennel
And I have never encountered an abuelita add a special ingredient in their mole sauce too. Fennel is not common in Mexican, but it can be a substitute to many ingredients used in Mexican dishes, such as avocado leaves and anise.
>>
>>7679283
You've got to go back.
>>
>>7679294
I meant not add a special ingredient.
>>
>>7679294
Yeah if your family lives in some dry shit place where the only excuse for an herb they can get is fennel. Fucking kill yourself and your grandma if she's not already dead. Don't make your fucking special snowflake ingredient sound like an actual component of salsa. I bet the hottest pepper you use is a deserved Serrano boiled in water for an hour.
>>
>>7679299
Prolly whiter than you nigger.
>>
>>7679315
De-seeded*
>>
>>7679321
Doubtful, bean-nigger.
>>
>>7679315
I used Habaneros, Oaxacan Pasilla , Serranos and pequin for my salsas

>in some dry shit place where the only excuse for an herb they can get is fennel

Yeah tell that to all the Mexican women in Oaxaca using Ginger and fennel in their moles LOL. Its funny how you get triggered by fennel when mexicans use mayo, ketchup and soda in their dishes, you faggot.
>>
diced tomatoes : paste 6:1
corn oil
scallions
onions
cilantro
jalapeno
cumin
chili powder
sugar
rice wine vinegar
salt
pepper

according to the mexican restaurant i cook for
>>
>>7679359
i forgot minced garlic
>>
>>7679341
>Thread about salsa
>BWAHHA TELL THAT TO THE WOMEN MAKING MOLE
>soda
>Mexican dish

Wew lad
>>
>>7679364
The point is Mexicans experiment with salsas all the time. I've eaten in Mexico where the salsas are thickened with egg whites, had pilloncillo in them, as well as various types of vinegar as well as maggi.
>>
20 percent garlic. 10 percent cilantro. 50 percent tomato. 20 percent onions.
>>
>>7679385
Oaxaca is basically south America so it explains why your family eats like monkeys
>>
>>7679391
Where the chile at negroe? That's just a salad basically.
>>
>>7679410
>Oaxaca is basically south America
Nice argument anon. And i've never said I'm from Oaxaca.

1/10 bait
>>
>>7679423
You didn't have to indio.
>>
>>7679416
well, really it's called pico de gallo
>>
>>7679149
Fennel in fucking salsa? The fuck?
I'm guessing you're not from the south
>>
>>7679444
>cant handle facts
>resorts to ad hominem
>calls me indio

kek look like youre wrong again m8. keep trying though
>>
>>7679455
Its my substitute for Hoja Santa. Tastes good though.
>>
>>7679450
No Pico de Gallo has no garlic and has chopped serrano.
>>
>>7679455
He's a fuck face isn't he?
>>7679459
Nice
>>
>>7679479
Argument
>>7679459
>>
File: odds.png (8 KB, 381x447) Image search: [Google]
odds.png
8 KB, 381x447
OP here about to go pick up some shit from the store. Gonna make a batch tonight and see how it turns out and then another batch next week/tweak it when my cilantro grows back and I see what I want to change.

Thanks for the contribution. Still looking for more recipes to try in the future.
>>
File: salsa.jpg (138 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
salsa.jpg
138 KB, 720x960
7 roma tomatos
half a red onion
2 habenero (roasted)
8 serrano peppers
4 garlic cloves
1 dried ancho chile
scallions
cilantro
1 lime
2 tbsp olive oil
salt/pepper/cumin
little bit of sugar

digging the spice level pretty great without being overwhelming but leaves a nice tingle on the lips while you are eating it.

cumin is great definitely enjoying it. weakest ingredient is probably the ancho, don't know if it was necessary.
>>
>>7680318
Make a ceviche with habanero next.
>>
>>7680325

fish? scallops? shrimp?

seeing recipes for all three but typically its done with fish?
>>
>>7680501
Usually done with fish but shimp is just as popular.
>>
My salsa is salt and tomatoes, sans seeds.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.