[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just made a big pot of pork and beans and honestly it doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
Just made a big pot of pork and beans and honestly it doesn't have the big flavour I thought it would have. Have no idea how to make it, so I just threw everything in a slow cooker and left it for 6 hours.

I put in
>4 cups navy beans
>cup of ketchup
>half cup of brown sugar
>3 cloves of garlic
>pork hocks
>pork feet
>salt
>2 tbspn dried mustard
>lots of water

Pulled the meat off the hocks and mixed in after 6 hrs. And I just fucking realized I meant to put in 1 cup of molasses and forgot... Should I put it in now? What can I do differently next time?
>>
No vinegar?
>>
File: salt_msg.png (53 KB, 438x395) Image search: [Google]
salt_msg.png
53 KB, 438x395
No MSG, too much sugar, not enough garlic, no acidity
>>
>>7678333
6 hours is too long
>>
>>7678436
If you need msg you can't cook.
>>
>>7678482
So you never use spices?
>>
>>7678487
>MSG is a spice.
You definitely can't cook.
>>
>>7678491
>only the things I add to food is acceptable

You're a moran.
>>
>>7678333
>Have no idea how to make it, so I just threw everything in a slow cooker and left it for 6 hours.

J..Jack?
>>
>>7678429

How much vinegar would you recommend for the amount of beans I made? What kind of vinegar?

>>7678470
I think 6 hours was perfect. I tried it after like 4 hours and the beans still had too much bite. Also, don't you need a long time to get the most flavour out of the pork?
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 220x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 220x300
>>7678508
>he thinks msg is a spice.
>>
>>7678576
Just add vinegar with a spoon and keep tasting, keep adding until it's good, then note the ratio you used for the future.
>>
>>7678579
I spice my food with MSG.
>>
>>7678596
yeah and i piss in glasses. but this doesn't make beer.
>>
File: oXRmvsF.jpg (116 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
oXRmvsF.jpg
116 KB, 640x640
>>7678333
I don't see any pork in that picture, you either didn't add enough or didn't dice it finely enough

Good pork and beans seasoning:
>Red pepper, or any hot pepper really
>Fenugreek
>Salt and MSG are fine with pork
>Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce can work too, especially with beans
>Kapers
>Paprika

Any of these with passata, definitely passata. Also some diced onions for taste

Brown sugar works with pork but half a cup is retarded fat american level, and ketchup is just more sugar. You want a tablespoon or two per 1kg at most.
>>
Oh and parsley or even rosemary for colour/flavour
>>
>molasses and sugar

Why not skip the sweet stuff, and add a packet of aspartame to each bowl before eating? That's what I do.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.