[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody living in a flyover place have trouble finding lots of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: duck.jpg (59 KB, 560x440) Image search: [Google]
duck.jpg
59 KB, 560x440
Anybody living in a flyover place have trouble finding lots of things? All we really have here is a Walmart and they have hardly any cheese, they don't sell ducks, no good seafood (sashimi grade is non-existent), etc.

We also don't really have much of an Asian community so lots of ingredients used in Chinese or Korean cooking are impossible to find.

As for the stuff that doesn't need to be refrigerated, you can usually get it off Amazon but it's about 4x the normal price.

Is there a better place to get these types of ingredients over the internet? Does anybody order raw meat online?
>>
>>7678240
Get a degree and move
>>
>>7678240
>Does anybody order raw meat online?
I'm in the UK and ive tried it but dunno how it translates in the US. It works, your stuff comes with cold packs and shit to stay chilled and is well insulated. I've noticed local butchers and farms have started selling 'meat boxes' with next day delivery in their own vans and stuff so you could google that.

You could always pay premium for the delivery if the seller is across the country. Duck seems to be rare in murrica but I reckon there are some breeders out there. For asian stuff, look up asian grocery sites in your area. A quick search for 'asian grocery us' shows me http://www.asiansupermarket365.com/.

Look up reviews for the site before you buy.

Google, google and google!
>>
>>7678256
I use Bing.
>>
>>7678240
OP wtf is sashimi grade? Can't find ducks in flyover land. Are you stupid OP? I can understand the difficulty of cheese but that can easily be shipped. You can buy "sashimi" grade fish by going to a large water mass and buying fresh caught fish. Same with duck and other game go to local farmers markets and make connections with farmers and or a local hunting forum. They will gladly sell game and fish. You can buy high quality quarters of beef pork and chickens at local farms.

Op you are a stupid person.
>>
>>7678271
I'm in Kansas so there's no large water masses anywhere nearby really..the fish in the stores is labelled 'not for raw consumption'. I think you guys are overestimating the population density of my immediate area.
>>
>>7678259
>>7678271
OP by using Bing you are a stupid person
>>
>>7678259
>>7678287
That wasn't me and I would never use Bing
>>
>>7678285
http://888intlmarket.com/
heres your closest store
>>
>>7678293
I'm as far away as Kansas City as you can be really, about a six hour drive.
>>
>>7678285
Whenever I visit my relatives in Kansas, we always go fishing in the morning and water skiing in the afternoon. We catch 5 pound bass then fry them up later on the beach grill. I swear I have more fun on the water and beach in Kansas than I ever did down in Florida.
>>
>>7678245
Why are you so pretentious? You think you're better than us? Every time someone says the food in flyover land is anything less than the best in the universe, it's literally the same as ten billion Hitlers exterminating every Jew ten billion times, except instead of Jew it's the Midwest (aka the entire USA), and instead of Hitler it's Hitler because everyone who doesn't share my opinions is, actually, Adolf Hitler in the flesh. Muh plastic orange blocks!
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.