[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Foods that need dipping sauces to taste good Why even bother
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1377485027427.png (121 KB, 264x257) Image search: [Google]
1377485027427.png
121 KB, 264x257
>Foods that need dipping sauces to taste good
Why even bother eating the food in the first place?
>>
>>7677544
>coffee that needs cream and sugar

Why even bother drinking it?
>>
>>7677565
moar !
>>
>delicious chicken strips
>mayo vinegar pepper sauce
it makes them
>>
>>7677544
Fuggin Potato wedges.
>>
>>7677544
did you ever think that maybe the dipping sauces are the main part and the dipping foods are just their vessels?
>>
>>7677544
>pastas that need cheese and sauce to taste good

Why even bother eating it in the first place?
>>
File: 1461289126894.png (119 KB, 570x536) Image search: [Google]
1461289126894.png
119 KB, 570x536
>>7677616
YES WHY
i sometimes thought in a parallel universe that ketchup was some specialty thing and that fries were just a way to consume it
>>
>>7677623
have you ever tried to eat pasta sauce on its own?
I've found its very difficult unless its as robust as chili
>>
>>7677544
>steaks that need cooking to be edible

Why even bother eating it in the first place
>>
Have you ever considered that the dipping sauce is there to enhance the flavor not cover it up? Let's say you're ordering sushi, you're not supposed to dunk it in the soy sauce repeatedly until it's all you can taste, you're just supposed to very lightly dip it for flavor.
>>
>>7677544
Depends on what you're talking about. Condiments are literally just "adjust the taste to your preference" and vary by cuisine (try figuring out what's in those nice ceramic pots next time you go get chinese).

Sauces are just another ingredient in a dish. When you add a sauce to food, you're taking herbs and spices and adding a more effective and attractive-looking delivery mechanism. When you touch your tongue to food with a sauce, you taste the sauce every time as well as the food underneath it.

Layers of flavor man.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.