[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What food surprised you when you first ate it? For me it was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
What food surprised you when you first ate it?
For me it was a Elvis sandwich.
>>
>>7677311
bahn mi sandwich
>>
Smoked Pork Belly

I went to heaven that day
>>
>>7677311
I tried to think of an answer that wasn't a sandwich, but falafel was clearly the best. I could give up meat as long as that was in there. I'd say that's a bit of a surprise, since I fit the fat Southern carnivore stereotype.

I used to buy four orders of baba ghanoush every week, but they changed the recipe. I prefer what I make at home now.

There's also this Indian-run food truck that has excellent vegetable curry and curried lentils. Honorable mention: stir-fried vegetables from Chinese takeout.

Basically, that vegetarian doesn't completely suck, but it probably is loaded with MSG and fat.
>>
Pho.

Holy fuck it blows ramen right out of the water.
>>
File: dpr.jpg (157 KB, 1080x676) Image search: [Google]
dpr.jpg
157 KB, 1080x676
chinese braised pork belly
>>
Eel. I fully expected to hate it but it was delicious.
>>
Alligator tail from Razzoo's
>>
File: image.png (35 KB, 377x367) Image search: [Google]
image.png
35 KB, 377x367
>>7677311

Omg he's so cute <3
>>
>>7678309
same
>>
>>7677311
>Elvis sandwich
It's called a Fool's Gold Loaf .
>>
lobster. as a child I had never tasted anything half as nice
>>
Fresh caught and smoked white fish
>>
>>7678207
This, actually.

I don't know how I made it my whole life without ever trying it, but I tried it for the first time a few years back and it blew my fucking mind, now I make sure to get it at least once every couple weeks.
>>
Duck meat, also sauerkraut
>>
File: dRCpMOx.jpg (51 KB, 630x623) Image search: [Google]
dRCpMOx.jpg
51 KB, 630x623
>>7677311
>posting weaver in /ck/
>>
>>7678984
>weaver
I'm glad I don't know what this means.
>>
>>7678944

You can have all the ones we've got in my state. It's starting to drive me nuts that I'm always catching them instead of trout when I wet fly fish.
>>
>>7679212
No kidding. As I type this, I'm on the shore of lake Erie. Watching the fishermen throw back white fish, let's me know it's garbage. Only the black folks are keeping them.
>>
Caviar. I wouldn't eat it for free.
>>
Green Barfi (pistachio dense milk based sweet confectionery) . I thought it was going to taste disgusting at first, because I never really liked almonds and pistachio in general. But after trying it tasted surprisingly good.
>>
>>7679228

It's oily and disgusting unless you smoke it. It basically can't be prepared any other way. I think they're super ugly looking so that keeps me away from the damn things.
>>
Poutine, i was soooooo hyped about everyone saying its a god-tier snack, but when I had it (for fucking 8 ameribux) it just tasted like popeyes fries with bland chicken gravy and fat jellyish curds of disappointment.
>>
Tortilla chips, peanut butter, and chunky salsa. It's so amazing.
>>
>>7678914
That's a different sandwich Elvis liked.

The Elvis sandwich is a fried sandwich containing peanut butter, banana, and bacon.

Neither of them are pleasant. Sort of tolerable, but not particularly nice.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.