[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bananas and grapes are literally unhealthy.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: grapes-bananas-37111018.jpg (10 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
grapes-bananas-37111018.jpg
10 KB, 240x160
Bananas and grapes are literally unhealthy.
>>
>>7676819
DELETE THIS
>>
I can eat 4-5 in a single day. i wonder if i'm dying now.

>pic related

No fucking WAY!
>>
>>7676819

how?
>>
>>7676921
Mostly sugar, a large proportion of which is fructose, and a pitiful amount of fiber paired with it. And it's starting to look like sugar is the actual bad guy that is behind metabolic syndrome and obesity.
>>
>>7676819
What was it like riding the short bus?
>>
Here is order of most healthy to least healthy of some common fruits and veggies. Based on fiber content.

Avocado
blackberries
Asparagus
Raspberries
Lettuce
Cabbage
Starfruit
Tomato
Lemon
Strawberries
Orange
Pear
Onions
Apple
Blueberries
Nectarine
Peach
Papaya
Tangerine
Grapefruit
Cherries
Potatos
Banana
Pineapple
Cantaloupe
Mango
Honeydew
Grapes
Watermelon
>>
here's your reply

you're posting on a board which has many fast food, candy

dubs

saged

>>/s4s/
>>
>>7676968

>it's starting to look like sugar is the actual bad guy that is behind metabolic syndrome and obesity.

I'll never believe this shit
I've known people with these issues and I eat more sugar than they do on a regular basis
I'm talking about straight candy and chocolate
any fat person I've ever known didn't get fat eating that stuff they got fat eating a lot of meat and a lot of grains as anybody would expect
>>
>>7676968
>sugar is bad

Nice meme. Guess those Big Macs and bacon are completely harmless after all!! Its the bananas and grapes we eat!

You act like those are the only things in grapes and bananas too
>>
>>7676997
Protein is literally the most satiating macro. No fucking way they got fat on meat unless they coated it in flour or grains.
>>
>>7677001

you act like obese people eat just to get full

people don't get obese overnight
people who like meat a little too much eat a little too much of it on a regular basis
meat has a lot of calories so it starts to add up quickly
this is how people get fat on meat its not rocket science
>>
>>7676998
Nice meme.

> muh fruits are healthy cuz everybody knows that duh!!!

Yeah, there are some vitamins in shit in bananas. But compare it to the fiber and nutrients in broccoli and they look like little bitches. And there are vitamins in red meat that NOBODY mentions. Red meat actually has more vitamins and minerals per gram than apples for everything except vitamin C.
>>
>>7677019
>MEAT
>calorically dense
>compared to sugars
>>
>>7677026

well nobody eats a block of pure sugar the size of a fucking steak do they?

even soda is still mostly water
>>
>>7677023
Meat is also carcinogenic, acidic, and fatty

Find me a single person who gets fat off fruits and i'll find you millions that get fat off meat

Bananas have a decent amount of fiber as it is.
>>
>>7676998
Your comment is on point and correct. You're butting heads with a moron. Stop wasting your time.
>>
>>7677037
>i'll find you millions that get fat off meat
I doubt you will. its probably the soft drinks and bread they eat

meat is a pretty low calorie
>>
>>7676894
you are literally dying right now
>>
>>7677037

>Meat is also carcinogenic,
Wrong
> acidic,
As are most foods
> fatty
? Fats are essential nutrients and are, at worst, harmless
> i'll find you millions that get fat off meat
I lost 40 lbs eating lots of meat and cutting out most high sugar, low fiber fruits
>Bananas have a decent amount of fiber as it is.
Relative to bread, yeah, but compared to other fruits and veggies it's pretty bad
>>
>>7677036
>well nobody eats a block of pure sugar the size of a fucking steak do they?

Speak for yourself, pleb
>>
>>7677063

the thing is there have been many cases at this point of obese people just quitting soda outright
they lose weight sometimes a lot of weight but rarely do they lose it all
removing sugar from your diet is simply not some magical cure to obesity

and not eating bananas or grapes just because they have sugar in them is obviously a stupid idea
one normal sized banana has like ~100 calories its not gonna make you fat
>>
>>7677092
Theres a difference between appetite and hunger, right? Sugars raise blood sugar the most, obviously. When your blood sugar crashes, your body ends up craving more sugars to get your blood sugar back to normal, even if you aren't actually hungry. This leads to munching. You kinda want to eat due to appetite increase, but you aren't actually hungry. This is why people are fat.

PROTIP: fats and proteins don't do this
>>
>>7676968

Refined sugar is bad. Naturally occurring sugar is not. Study after study after study have shown that the body handles natural sugars like those found in fruit much differently than refined sugars.

There are vegan crazies who eat dozens of bananas a day. There have been studies of people eating upwards of 200g of sugar a day, entirely from fruit, and all of their health markers are perfectly fine.

Fiber is of course good for you but just because a fruit is high in sugar and low in fiber, that doesn't make it bad for you. Even though bananas are kinda shitty from a nutritional standpoint when compared to other fruits, they're still 100% good for you. There are plenty of healthy things in low fiber fruits and vegetables and there's absolutely no reason to exclude them from your diet.
>>
>>7677036
dude, you're a fucking idiot

a block of sugar the size of the steak would have way, way more calories than the steak itself
>>
>>7676997
>>7677019

There's a lot of "hidden" sugar in virtually all processed food. White flour is sugar. Your body reacts to a bagel in almost exactly the same way it reacts to a bag of skittles. If your friends were eating that had all the fiber and nutrition processed away then they weren't eating grains, they were eating sugar.
>>
>>7677114
for example, thismorning I decided to have a muffin, and 2 hours later I wanted tome bread so I started eating italian bread, then I grabbed a ginger ale, and just now dewritoed

compare that to how I normally eat which is a turkey burger on a corn tortilla for breakfast and that leaves me satisfied until around 2:30, maybe with a scoop of peanut butter as a snack before then
>>
>>7677083
>Wrong
That's just false and you know it

>as are most foods
Animals acids are too acidic

>Fats are essential
Thanks sherlock, gonna tell me oxygen is essential too?

>at worst, harmless
Another paleo shill I see
>>
>>7677143
>Study after study after study have shown that the body handles natural sugars like those found in fruit much differently than refined sugars
No, they haven't. Chemically it's all the same, be it sucrose, glucose, or fructose. If you eat some fiber you your sugar, the body will not "handle" it any differently than fiber-rich fruit.
>>
File: banana ripeness.png (52 KB, 591x276) Image search: [Google]
banana ripeness.png
52 KB, 591x276
>>7676968
Bananas should be eaten green, which makes them very healthy. Green bananas are low in sugar and one of the best souces of RS2 resistant starch, which is a type of fiber.

Your claim that bananas have a "pitiful amount of fiber" is not grounded in reality or science. A slightly green banana is at least 5% resistant starch, 1% pectin, plus 2% fructans and 1% other fibers. So a regular half-ripe banana is actually 6-10% fiber by weight, which is more than almost any vegetable. Bananas are highly prebiotic because of the combined presence of bifidogenic fructans and RS2 resistant starch.

The USDA database is full of flaws, especially regarding fiber, so it shouldn't typically be taken at face value. For example, it lists garlic as 2% fiber, even though it widely known that garlic averages 16% and goes up to 20% fiber, because garlic and other plants in the Allium genus store almost all of their energy in the form of fructose-fructose chains that are indigestible to humans and highly prebiotic.
>>
>>7677885
>Bananas should be eaten green
Enjoy your diarrhea.
>>
>>7676990
>cabbage
>lettuce
enjoy your canavanine posioning
>>
>>7680087
I eat 2-3 green bananas a day and have yet to experience any diarrhea. So there is nothing for me to enjoy.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.