[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
quick simple every day food
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: quick-and-easy1.png (81 KB, 1274x952) Image search: [Google]
quick-and-easy1.png
81 KB, 1274x952
I need tips/ideas/recipes for quick and easy every-day entrees and sides. I mean stupid simple lol. Preferably 5ish or fewer inexpensive ingredients to keep it cheap and simple.

I don't usually find much at all on google. I'll start by posting some of the stuff I make as I remember/find them, just in case anyone else is interested. ...Like bachelors or something. If I happen to remember where I got the recipe, I'll be sure to include it. No plagiarist here.

1st Recipe, as an example I suppose...
Simple Sauteed Mushrooms (Source: My head)
Ingredients:
* 8 Oz Baby bella mushrooms
* Worcestershire sauce
* Onion powder

Instructions
1. Slice mushrooms while pan is preheating with oil.
2. Add mushrooms to pan.
3. Add dash of worcestershire sauce and about 1/4 teaspoon onion powder (or whatever you prefer).
4. Continue sauteing until mushrooms are cooked.

2nd recipe:
Simple Roasted Carrots (Don't remember source)
Ingredients
* Carrots
* Refined olive Oil
* Ranch sauce (optional)

Instructions
1. Pre heat oven to 400 F while peeling carrots.
2. Put carrots in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
3. Toss to coat carrots.
4. Bake in oven until tender (about 20 minutes).
>>
Those are not recipes.
>>
>>7675758
What ever you want to call it, this is what I'm looking for. Stupid simple stuff.
>>
>>7675772
He's got a point though, recipes are for dishes that stand on their own. These would be included in, or stand as their own as a sub recipe, the procedure for making these part of an overall meal.
>>
>>7676496
>These would be included in ,or stand as their own as a sub recipe
you mean sides? I really don't care what you all want to call it. I just want new ideas.

>I need tips/ideas/recipes for quick and easy every-day entrees and sides.
>>
>>7675745
What about subs and rice?
>>
honestly i find the best ones on random cooking blogs and Mom Blogs(tm)

http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/5-ingredient-broccoli-cheese-soup/

http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/2012/06/soft-homemade-tortillas.html

stuff like this?

instructables also has a surprising number of recipes like you describe because 80% of their userbase like to do fun cutting-corners DIY shit
>>
legit, just use pinterest. plenty of recipes on that mom website
>>
Sauteed Baby Bok CHoy
buy any cleaned bok choy from a supermarket
add sesame oil to a pan
soy sauce
and garlic powder
add the bok choy, cook until it wilts down and turns bright green. Tasty as fuck
>>
Roast Chicken
Preheat the oven to 375
Buy a small chicken
take softened butter and rub under the skin
salt and pepper inside the bird and on top
sprinkle with italian seasoning
take half a lemon and put in the cavity.
Bake until the skin is crispy and the meat is cooked htorugh
>>
>>7675745
Get a copy of the Joy of Cooking
It's online now, you can find it if you're not stupid
There are hundreds of basic ideas for 'recipes' for sides or parts of dishes that feed into full dishes.

Don't ever take "quick and easy" as a real alternative. That's shit, it's a lie.

Real food requires effort, somewhere. You'll be a better cook if you recognize when and where that effort is applied.
>>
>>7677393
I'd say that qualifies for what I'm looking for. Thanks!

>>7677406
Thanks, I'll look there a bit.

>>7677501
>>7677511
This is the kinda thing I'm looking for. Thanks!

>>7677529
This? http://www.amazon.com/Joy-Cooking-75th-Anniversary-2006/dp/0743246268/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329840068&sr=8-1

>Don't ever take "quick and easy" as a real alternative.
I don't plan on going full-blown quick and easy. I use to make EVERY THING from scratch. Bread, sauces, etc--everything short of growing and harvesting the shit myself. I even have a high-end blender for making things like peanut butter without added oil (yes, it's SO powerful it makes peanut butter like JIFF without added oil). Now that I'm going to school and have a full time job, I simply don't have the time to be investing so much effort in to every single meal, every day, 3 times a day.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.