[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does a Non-stick frying pan really exist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Gotham Steel.jpg (132 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
Gotham Steel.jpg
132 KB, 1000x1500
I've seen commercials on TV about non-stick frying pans such as pic-related that appear to be some kind of witch-craft. (they melted Candy on it till it was black and just wiped it off like it was nothing)

Have any of you tried them and do they work? I've searched around and usually get mixed reviews. If its all a bunch of bullcrap then what do you recommend that's most effective to keep things such as Scrambled Eggs from sticking? my last frying pan got scratched up and am currently looking for a new one.

If this is a very stupid question and a thread already exist for this then i apologize and point me to it.
>>
It's usually ceramic pans

They're great as long as the ceramic coating lasts, which on cheap pans might be a month or two after which the pan will be utter shit.

If you don't want your scrambled eggs to stick, get a cast-iron/carbon steel pan, season it and remember to use the proper amount of heat and enough oil whenever you cook anything and you'll be fine.
>>
ITT time travelers
>>
File: iron.png (73 KB, 410x297) Image search: [Google]
iron.png
73 KB, 410x297
Got this cast iron griddle as a gift. I'm guessing the outside (red) is porcelain enamel and the inside is matte? Is it only the inside that needs seasoned?

I'm going to be using it on the stovetop and oven.
>>
>>7674610
>2016
>not seasoning the outside of your pans
>>
>>7674613
fine, I will. one last thing..

should I put it directly on the stove or top of one of those "gas reducer" rings that you use for moka pots? I know its better to gradually heat up these things but maybe its fine being directly on the gas.
>>
>>7674613
bless you, anon
>>
>>7674610
>porcelain on the stove
Enjoy your homemade hand-grenade.
>>
>>7674622
That's just a meme.
>>
>>7674600
My father bought one that looks like that but green (same handle, also as seen on TV, so probably just a rebrand) that featured "space age" materials.

Turns out it was just ceramic and he managed to stick an egg to the pan the first time he used it without oil out butter.

Just spray some oil on a teflon pan like normal people.
>>
>>7674665
>"spraying" oil
>normal
>>
>>7674613
thank you
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.