[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I reheat rice without a microwave? I hate a stove, an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: can-you-reheat-rice.jpg (18 KB, 406x243) Image search: [Google]
can-you-reheat-rice.jpg
18 KB, 406x243
How can I reheat rice without a microwave?

I hate a stove, an oven, and a toaster oven.
>>
>>7674165
Steam.
>>
>>7674165
>wants to reheat rice without a microwave
>hates every other methods
>>
Best way is to repurpose it. Make fried rice. If you MUST have white rice again, stick it in a pan with a splash of water and break up the clumps. Heat over low heat until it's heated through. The texture will suck balls though. You could also stick it in the oven as well, but it'll take as long or longer as it would if you just made a fresh pot of rice, and the texture will suck balls.
>>
Wok and fried rice
>>
There are a couple options

Steaming if you have a steamer for the stove.
Frying in a little oil is always popular and quite fast.
Of course you can always put them in the oven. If you spread them out, it's really quick. Of course they will dehydrate, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, depending on what you're going for.
Toaster could work if you have some metal container. That's why I always recommend to just store food in stainless steel containers/bowl with plastic wrap instead of those gimmicky meme plastic boxes. That way you can just heat it up right then and there and eat out of the container. (Of course only if you have a microwave, you can do that with plastic boxes too)
>>
>>7674165
seeing as you don't like any practical method for reheating rice the only thing I can suggest is to make fresh rice or eat the rice you have cold
>>
>>7674178
I think he just hates one specific stove, one specific oven, and one specific toaster oven. If he owns any that aren't the ones he hates he should be fine
>>
>>7674165
I think he meant I "have" not I "hate"
>>
>>7674188
>>7674178
Sorry lol
*have

>>7674179
That sounds good. Also I never thought about fried rice which I suppose is an option.
>>
>>7674165
what's your problem with a particular stove, oven and toaster oven?
>>
I always make kedgeree with leftover rice
>>
>>7674165
>>7674178
>>7674188
>>7674189
>>7674197
i love this thread. made me laugh
>>
Eat it cold with some vinegar
>>
>>7674165

bro use a microwave, just sprinkle some water over the rice it comes out great
>>
File: 0_0_0_0_218_273_library_12098.jpg (13 KB, 218x273) Image search: [Google]
0_0_0_0_218_273_library_12098.jpg
13 KB, 218x273
Yeah well I hate you, OP.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.