[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people pretend to hate this place?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9
Why do people pretend to hate this place?
>>
>>7673699
It's okay, the price is the redeeming factor. Much better burgs to be had for more money.
>>
>>7673699
Why buy when you can make one for yourself tbqh
>>
i like the 3x3
>>
>>7673753
fucking stupid remark from a stupid little faggot

did you chop the wood to build your home, grow the cotton and make your own clothes? why the fuck not?
>>
>>7673699
What kind of toppings do you guys get on your 'ger?
>>
>>7673699
Its popular fast food that tastes better than most fastfood so it gets put on a pedestal.

Then people go there expecting a 2 star Michelin blue star blend burger and get buttfrustrated when they're served above average fast food.
>>
>>7673699
That's dirt cheap. What fucking In-N-Out are you at? The ones around here charge at least double.
>>
the flying dutchman is great when you tryin to get /fit/ but you also wanna eat greasy fast food stuff
>>
File: Bqd7ZyfCAAAIiyQ.jpg (35 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Bqd7ZyfCAAAIiyQ.jpg
35 KB, 600x450
>>7673699
its overhyped as shit imho tbqh senpai

I have one right by my house and I go there a lot

>>7673746
this

>>7673768
I normally get a double double (or a cheeseburger) with chopped chilies in it, raw onions, and mustard grilled but no pickles because theyre disgusting, share fries with who ever im with (great fries btw my fav, tastes like potato), and a water cup

I cant understand how people can eat animal style fries though. Only time I didnt finish my meal there was when I ordered them
>>
>>7673778
>>7673778
Where are you? I live in SoCal and its about at the most $1 more for each item.
>>
I don't know why they don't have one in every town. They put Mcdonalds, Burger King and Carl's Jr to shame. Whenever there is an In N Out it's always full of people.
>>
>>7673699
those can't be current prices, that picture is old as shit.
>>
>>7673753
This is not a very smart question to ask. A lot of people go to In-N-Out because they're on the road going places and they don't have time to make food.
>>
>>7673699
I don't hate it but it's definitely overrated. The fries are just terrible. The burgers are fine but every time I've had one it was a little bland.
>>
>>7673795
>Whenever there is an In N Out it's always full of people.

right, because there aren't zillions of them everywhere, and therefore no one is tired of it. it's a business strategy and it works.
>>
You don't know what you're missing when you live in small towns. If you want a quality burger fries and shake that's 15 fucking bucks at my local burger joint. Fuck that shit.
>>
i'd check it out in austin but its always so packed why bother. especially when a mom and pop burger joint is around the corner and better.
>>
>>7673844
I agree the fries are terrible.
>>
>>7673767
>did you chop the wood to build your home, grow the cotton and make your own clothes? why the fuck not?

because I don't have the equipment to chop wood and build my home, or the prior knowledge needed, or a cotton field or sewing machine to make my own clothes senpai.

what I do have though is a nice pan and a store not too far away to buy some meat.
>>
File: BzTMFZmIAAE7dHA.jpg (82 KB, 624x612) Image search: [Google]
BzTMFZmIAAE7dHA.jpg
82 KB, 624x612
>>7673844
>>7673918
why are they bad? Im curious

Theyre my fav fast food fries. Not super oily and salty
>>
File: 1390573534561.jpg (275 KB, 1162x850) Image search: [Google]
1390573534561.jpg
275 KB, 1162x850
>>
>>7673699
Because it's fun to be hyper-extreme and polarized nowadays. Things can only be The Best Thing Everâ„¢ or literally worse than Hitler. It's also popular to be a contrarian.

That's why the only two opinions that exist about In-N-Out are massive over-hype and undue, complete hatred.

If it matters at all, both Gordon Ramsay and Anthony Bourdain say it's the only fast food they will eat, and both of them insist on stopping in at one whenever they are close.
>>
>>7673950
I've been there about 5 different times and I've never had any that weren't soggy in literally 4 or 5 minutes. Not to mention they are all about one and a half inches long and I honestly can't ever taste any salt on them at all. They are all so tiny though it's like buying a bag of chips but the entire bag is full of the chip dust from other bags. I don't know how they do it.
>>
Honestly, I don't hate the place but I think it's super overrated. The place is always really packed and it feels like I have to wait 10 minutes just for a burger, which doesn't seem worth it at all for what I consider to be at best a slightly above average burger at an average price. I do like that you can get lettuce wrapped burgers there though.
>>
>>7673970
people like to shit on anything that comes out of california. They pay a good wage, their food is fresh and cheap. Like the burger is actually cheaper than a mcdonald's sandwich alone.
>>
>>7673964
It took you 5 times to realize that you dint like a fast food chain's fries?
>>
>>7673699
Good, cheap, overhyped. If they had them here I'd go when I don't feel like blowing $10 at whataburger. No hate for in n out, I just think it's too hype for being the best cheap burger.
>>
File: orgy.jpg (36 KB, 970x91) Image search: [Google]
orgy.jpg
36 KB, 970x91
>>7673964
so then one, they have salt that you can put on them

I've never had soggy fries, if anything they retain their firmness a lot better than other fast food chains.

And you're really complaining about the "size"?

Its pretty standard size. SOrry they arent steak fries and that you went to a shit one. Let me guess, it was outside of SoCal?
>>
It's really good, honestly the best fast food out there, but my shit ends up being like tooth paste.
>>
>>7674013
no actually I noticed they sucked the very first time!

what kind of stupid question is that? has nothing to do with what I said. are you actually asking why I continued to get them? well I can just drown them in ketchup and that makes them edible.

>>7674034
it was in Utah. don't have them where I live now. and yes I'm complaining about the size and it's a legitimate complaint. I don't care about them not being steak fries, shoestring is fine, the point im making is even mcdonalds fries are better and they come frozen in a big plastic bag. I know I'm not crazy because I know a few people who go there and just don't get the fries at all, and there's always a couple people in these threads talking about it too.

I just expect them to be better is all, especially when there's only a couple items on your menu. the burgers are fine though.
>>
File: filename.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
filename.png
1 MB, 1366x768
>>7674079
>>7674079
well sorry that you live in a shit state.

you do understand that everything aside from the texas stores are all shipped from Cali right?

My apologies that you don't get products shipped to your store that are ~1hr away from the plant. This is why they shouldnt expand this much and the grandkids are jews.

The fries are never frozen at my store. Hell theres always a guys in the back skinning potatoes
>>
>>7673699
I genuinely dislike their burgers. Taste like grilled cheese sandwiches with a bit of meat in them. The fries are flimsy and bland as fuck as well.
>>
>>7674092
Well in Utah I'm like 99% sure they were fresh fries. There were gigantic tubs of potatoes and unless they were fake for decoration, I'm pretty sure they skinned and fried them in store. That's why I was surprised when I got crappy fries. I mean I believe you that the store you go to has better fries, because if they were consistently like I'm talking about you wouldn't even be asking me this. It must just be the process they use or something, either they don't fry them long enough to get crispy or maybe they go in the fryer wet because they rinse them or some shit I don't know.
>>
>>7673699
I don't think anyone hates it. It just gets overhyped by people who grew up eating there or have a lot of nostalgia for it. New people who try it think it's going to be the best meal they've ever had. Then they rant about how their expectations were not met. It's pretty decent, simple fast food. No more, no less.
>>
>>7673699
Why would I hate something I never tried?
>>
The burgers are pretty good.
The fries are total ass though, not even making them Animal Style helps.
>>
>>7673699

that's the real menu?
>>
File: In-N-Out-Combo[1].jpg (29 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
In-N-Out-Combo[1].jpg
29 KB, 500x375
Is there a better combo than a double-double, extra crispy fries, and a chocolate shake?
>>
>>7674185
Just order them well-done.
>>
>>7673699
Like most food phenomena, nobody actually hates the food itself, just the people who don't shut up about it
>>
>>7674202
Yes sir. It used to be cheaper
>>
File: inoutafter-2[1].jpg (237 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
inoutafter-2[1].jpg
237 KB, 1200x675
>>7674202
>tfw 5 dollar burger
>>
>>7674290
>chips
Is this one of those food truck catering things?

>$4.00 shirt
wat
>>
>>7674290
>potato chips

hey amerifat
>>
>>7673844
This, the food looks better than it tastes it's not bad just doesn't stick out
>>
File: boxing-kangaroo[1].jpg (198 KB, 500x491) Image search: [Google]
boxing-kangaroo[1].jpg
198 KB, 500x491
>>7674297
>>7674298
I'm pretty sure it's the ausfag menu
>>
>>7674290
Bullshit, I get two double double animal style for $7 in one of the most expensive counties in the US.
>>
>>7674123
they are better if you order them well done, but still not great
>>
In the drive through right now.

Double double, no onions, mustard instead of spread, add chilies. Fries well with a lemonade.

Some of the worst fries in the game. Need the double fry.
>>
>>7674290
Potato chips means it's the catering truck or a pop up
>>
>>7673964
>soggy In-N-Out fries
Really? That's the only place that I've been to where I've never gotten soggy fries. You could always just ask them to cook them longer, I don't remember the term they use for it though.
>>
>>7674332
Look at the picture, they legit look like crisps, not fries
>>
>>7673795
They only expand as far as their trucks can get their beef to the restaurant within 24hours.
>>
>>7673795
Because it's not franchised.
>>
>>7674446
Well done
>>
>>7673699
Swenson's is the best fast food burger I've ever had. Unfortunately, there's three locations, Akron, Akron and Kent. I would spend all of my money there if they put one in the 216
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.