[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Food crime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: steve_miller.jpg (127 KB, 667x1000) Image search: [Google]
steve_miller.jpg
127 KB, 667x1000
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw2Hf1YulJI

Skip to 8:30 and weep

Oh and watch up til there for some incredible scenes of gluttony
>>
>>7673090
This is probably why a lot of cultures include holidays where you fast. If you don't ever know what being hungry actually feels like, you probably start eating more when you're bored, unhappy, etc.
>>
>>7673111
Look to the steak
>>
>>7673111
The particular Unitarian-Universalist church I do stuff with occasionally (I'm not UU, though) does Thanksgiving work feeding the poor and homeless out of their kitchen.
A few of the UUs at that congregation have decided to do a two-day fast, consuming only water (and I assume cigarettes for those of them who smoke) on Thanksgiving and Black Friday to remind themselves to be thankful for the food they have the rest of the year.
I thought it a useless idea at first until I learned that the families who participate in the fast are the ones providing the food they hand out. They're literally sacrificing their own TG so others can have theirs. That's a nice thought.

As for other cultures and their fasting, I don't think it helps them at all. Have you seen how they break their fast? Huge HUGE fucking banquets, more than I think they'd have consumed if they just ate like normal people do. At least this is the case with the Muzzies (during Ramadan) and the Mormons (on the first Sunday of every month) I know who do their fasting.
>>
>>7673090
wow, time start eating healthy I suppose

any ideas on doing mushrooms without sauteing in butter or oil?
>>
>Calories meme
There are actually still people who buy into the calories in calories out meme even when there's things like this.
>>
>>7673162
I do fast several times a year just for the hell of it
there's a clarity after about day 2

Maybe I should make a religion about it
>>
File: bait.gif (571 KB, 199x199) Image search: [Google]
bait.gif
571 KB, 199x199
>>7674576
>>
>>7674565
Deep fry in lard
>>
>>7673162
>>7674577
Intermittent fasting actually has health benefits
>>
Can't believe nobody noticed what I was trying to show you

The man is smothering his ribeye in Marmite. Worse by far than ketchup imo
>>
File: 1445018381191.jpg (30 KB, 310x319) Image search: [Google]
1445018381191.jpg
30 KB, 310x319
>>7673090
you made me go for a walk today anon

and one tomorrow

and think about what fat shit I have been eating

heil 4chan!
>>
>>7674743
Yeah, I noticed that.

I like Marmite but slathering a teaspoon of it on some poorly cooked steak is rather disgusting.
>>
>>7673090
>fratellies
>rob dougan
best ost of any show
>>
>>7674577
>>7674702
Does refusing 2000 calories each Monday and Tuesday only to eat 10000 calories Wednesday have the same benefits as just eating reasonably all the time? Cuz that's what Muzzies and Mormons do, though obviously not to such an exaggerated degree.

Mormons will not eat dinner Saturday and skip breakfast Sunday then pig out like mad at a shared luncheon Sunday afternoon. A few even skipped lunch Saturday, just for kicks.
I hear some skip lunch and dinner Sunday instead, but the ones with whom I was acquainted did Saturday
Anyway, they would do a potluck Sunday after service and eat like fucking mad, consuming many more portions than would be normal in a single meal because their hunger is out of control by that point.

And Muzzies! During Ramadan, they'll wake up at 3 or 4 in the morning to eat 'breakfast' (suhuur), which is always some heavy, calorie-ridden meal, go back to bed, wake up later, go about their day and eat an equally hugely calorific dinner. They're eating a day and a half worth of calories each day during Ramadan in only two meals yet have no energy to work it off during the day due to interrupted sleep cycles. There's a reason why so many Muzzie-majority countries are so fucking fat.

Although, baghrir, the traditional 3am breakfast for Algerians during Ramadan, is pretty nice. I can't eat three of them at a time like they do, though. That's around 2000 calories in one sitting. Fucking insane.
>>
>>7674743

eh, i could see that being good.

i wouldn't waste the meat like that though.
>>
>>7675733
mudslimes are fucking insane

as are morons

but at least the morons aren't mandated to follow the example of their mass-murdering warlord rapist theif torturing prophet, who they think is the best example ever created
>>
>>7674565
use low cal spray oil
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.