[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw there is now a Keurig for fucking tortillas https:/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: NOcostanza.png (230 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
NOcostanza.png
230 KB, 640x360
>tfw there is now a Keurig for fucking tortillas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stTzLmoStsU
>>
I don't hate the idea of a tortilla machine that would poop out a bunch of them after you insert dough

this is silly though. And also literally nothing wrong with store bought tortillas
>>
File: 024.jpg (4 MB, 4272x2848) Image search: [Google]
024.jpg
4 MB, 4272x2848
>>7670281
I refuse to believe this will catch on when you can buy a pack of fresh uncooked tortillas in the deli freezer section for pennies per shell.

Not even actual Mexicans make their own tortillas from raw masa everyday.
http://www.ocweekly.com/restaurants/five-reasons-to-hate-gruma-makers-of-mission-and-guerrero-tortillas-maseca-and-other-tortilla-evil-6628385
http://grist.org/article/masa/
>>
>>7670281
actual mexicans buy their tortillas premade
you wouldn't bake from scratch every day, would you?
>>
File: straight outta mexico.jpg (74 KB, 846x846) Image search: [Google]
straight outta mexico.jpg
74 KB, 846x846
>>7670281
>KICKSTARTER
>$50K initial goal
Obvious scam
I guarantee that it will never see production.
>>
>>7670281
>1 tortilla per pod

don't people eat like 5 in one meal?
this is so fucking dumb
>>
>>7670337
have you ever had a fresh mexican made tortilla anon?

There's a huge difference between the shit you buy at the store and the legit thing

this thing though isn't the legit thing either
>>
>>7670378
this. the tooling alone will run more than $50k
>>
>no more food waste
>but don't worry, we'll make up for it with our single-use containers
>>
Every time I see something like this on scamstarter I think "this is the rich yuppie equivalent of an infomercial.
>>
File: gusta.jpg (100 KB, 407x405) Image search: [Google]
gusta.jpg
100 KB, 407x405
>be mexican
>offered $299 US tortilla machine
>drink glass of water and smoke a cigarette instead
>>
>An hour in the kitchen

Nigger what? Not even using electric cooking equipment It takes me maybe five minutes to make corn tortillas from scratch and less than ten for flour. Corn tortillas have two fucking ingredients, flour tortillas have three and both of them can be made with a bowl, a spoon and a cast-iron skillet.

On top of that the dough will keep for DAYS so it's piss-easy to stick a huge batch in the fridge and use it as needed.
>>
What's so difficult about cooking a tortilla on a pan like a normal person?
>>
>>7670414
What about tortillas made fresh at the store?
>>
does any one else get pissed off when they switch accents and mannerisms for a couple seconds when she says tortillas? Holy shit, if you are speaking without the accent why change up the word before and after tortilla with a spanish accent
>>
File: 1461366399353.jpg (273 KB, 920x662) Image search: [Google]
1461366399353.jpg
273 KB, 920x662
>>7670281
that accent change whenever she has to say tortilla pisses me off
>>
>>7670521
is it a tortilleria?
If not still, still 2 letter grades below the shit you could get
>>
>>7670281
As a mexican this triggers me.
Fuck the accent.
>>
>>7670535
this. I speak Spanish but I don't need to say tortilla in Spanish in the middle of speaking English wtf.
>>
I get the feeling most of these yuppie kickstarters are money laundering operations.

Where the fuck are people gonna buy more pods?
Whole foods?
Who eats just one tortilla? It doesn't even look full-size.
>>
>>7670306
>getting triggered by a scam ad
>>
File: 18852158.jpg (39 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
18852158.jpg
39 KB, 480x480
>>7670281
I have a press and buy the masa already made from the mexican market. Its $4 for a 5lb bag.
Takes all of 5 minutes to bust out a few why is there a need for a crappy machine like that?
>>
God that was insufferable. I found it so hard not to detest her. I'm glad I wasn't the only one.
>>
>>7670281
>apartments getting smaller
>appliances getting bigger
You watch eventually there will be entire cabinets dedicated to modular pod dispensors
>>
>>7670281
"You're mostly buying processed, off-the-shelf packages at a grocery store."

>Gently picks up a ripe, red onion with a thoughtful little smile at the end.

What? Why was that so funny to me for no reason?
>>
>>7670281
>>tfw there is now a Keurig for fucking tortillas

So, Keurig is making its own fleshlight?
>>
>Because we're so concerned about waste, we're going to make you throw away a pudding cup's worth of plastic for every single tortilla you want instead of wasting a bread bag's worth of plastic for five pounds of tortillas
>>
>>7670281
She doesn't speak with an accent until she says tortilla, but she also adds an accent to the word before tortilla.

Ftesh tortilla.

I can see why people would want this, tortillas from the store are usually nasty. For whatever reason, the last time I had soft tortillas there was an ingredient in it that made my teeth feel dry, must've been a preservative or something to keep them soft.
>>
>>7670339
>fresh
>>
>>7670378
>>7670421
Unless their aim for the KS is to drive press and test market viability (aka, they already have funding for manufacturing).

But it's a crap product. It solves a problem that doesn't really exist. It will be entirely too expensive, and they'll run into numerous manufacturing defects and either ship a subpar product or delay for an eternity. The amount of media whoring tells me this will never work.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.