[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does everyone here do for lunches at work? I usually go
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Lunchbox37.jpg (159 KB, 645x645) Image search: [Google]
Lunchbox37.jpg
159 KB, 645x645
What does everyone here do for lunches at work?

I usually go out or bring leftovers to heat up, but for the next few weeks, i will not be able to leave the site for lunch. I will also have no access to a microwave/oven or refrigeration besides a personal cooler.

I am trying to think of stuff to bring, but all i keep coming up with is sandwiches. I dont mind sandwiches, its just going get boring after the first week or so.

I need some other foods that i can bring that dont require heating or up or refrigeration(preferably). Also, cost isn't much of an issue and i have time to prepare this weekend

Ideas anyone?
>>
Where do you work that you won't be able to leave your workplace for a whole month?

I can guarantee it's not worth the pay.
>>
>>7670178
Its a temporary situation at a site in a (semi)remote location, time constraints and security will preclude a trip off site in the middle of the day
>>
>>7670193
Do you work at area 51 or something?
>>
>>7670168
just eat the best work lunch ever of an energy drink from the vending machine while breaking the mandatory lunch break rule cause you have too much work to do to even take a short break to microwave something.

Its very recommendable
>>
Ugly muddy soup in the jar. Because peptic ulcer is too easy to get as it is, don't help the fucker.
>>
>>7670218
I know you're trying to make fun, but I wont have access to a vending machine or a microwave
>>
Mixed salad
>chicken breast
>quinoa
>lots of vegetable
>maybe some bread
>yogurt for dessert
>a fruit after
this is what I eat most of the days, just change the ingredients
>>
>>7670208
No, he probably just works at a construction site in bumfuck nowhere. I've done it. Got to stay with the laborers and eat frozen junk food all the time, was pretty killer. Probably gained 10 pounds by the time I left.
>>
Besides the risk of salmonella have you ever though of making tiny California rolls ? Or Sashimi ? Or just possibly making a Bento box full of none microwave required foods ?
>>
>>7670168
I retired at 30, when I was state side I would take left overs or cook my food for 4 days at a time, like rice, greens chicken or fish but I worked 16 hours, I am not a super healthy fag but I would suggest buy food and cook it for the week
>>
>>7670168
X 16hour mili here, bring canned food tupaware, ice packs and and lunch box will be fine how picky are you, there is tons of stuff of stuff
>>
Chicken breast and some veggies, 9 times out of 10
>>
There's these tuna salad and cracker lunch to go packs you can pick up at Wal-Mart for a buck and change

You'll get a serving of canned tuna of various flavors (the Thai spicy is God tier) 8 crackers, a mint for the inevitable tuna breath, and a little spreading utensil for the tuna and crackers
Bonus is they don't need to be refrigerated
They're really good, but if you have an appetite, you may want two for lunch.

Trust me on this, OP.
>>
File: 517793.jpg (73 KB, 500x362) Image search: [Google]
517793.jpg
73 KB, 500x362
>>7670168
Joke's on you anon, i don't have a job.
>>
>>7670168
I take a salad every day for lunch. Sometimes I also include a some kind of protean/fiber bar. I'm not usually too hungry at work because I work in an office.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.