[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chicago to Colorado
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Taking a road trip from New York to Colorado, stopping in Chicago. What eat? Mostly interested in food in Chicago, but I'm all ears for any recommendations you've got. I know it's an open topic, I wasn't too close to the planning of the trip so I wouldn't know which route we're taking or anything like that.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>half a dozen chicago deep dish shitposting threads in the past week
>current chicago hot dog shitposting thread
>starts a "what eat in chicago" thread

Obviously you need to get some deep dish pizza and a few different Chicago hot dogs and let people know they're actually pretty good.
>>
Stop at ROCfish in Rochester; they have a pretty good selection of seafood.
>>
>>7669577
I've been in and out of at least a few of those threads a bunch too, thanks, yeah, stuff sounds nice. I've just finally found time to sit down and start this thread. Leaving tomorrow afternoon, so, figured it was about time.

>>7669596
Menu looks good, if we're looking to stop for lunch in the area, that'd be an option.
>>
>>7669577
I agree.

And this thread was posted by someone bored who already has a good idea of where to go and what to eat. If I'm wrong then OP is genuinely a moron.
>>
>>7669577
>going from new york to chicago
>wanting to eat horrible versions of the same exact foods
>>
>>7669567

You may well end up passing through Iowa.
Treat yourself to a breaded pork loin sandwich (Preferably Jonesy's) and a Maid-Rite while you're there.
>>
>>7669567

Assuming you're gonna be in the Loop, honestly the safest bet would be Portillo's. It's a Chicagoland chain with the generally-accepted best Italian beef (I slightly disagree, whatever) fantastic burgers, and they do a great Chicago dog, though I hate Chicago dogs. It seems cheesy, because it is a chain, but it's like if you're gonna be in California for a short time, you might want to try In-n-Out. Yknow?

Past that, I like the Eleven Diner for deli type stuff, killer French dip. Kuma's Corner is a big fucking deal of a hard-rock burger joint on the north side, I've never been, but even in the far south suburbs it was a big fucking deal, so consider it.
Lou Malnati's is the generally-accepted best deep-dish style pizza, in its most authentic sense. Personally I prefer Giordano's stuffed-pizza (it doesn't have the cornmeal crust) and Aurelio's thin-crust, but they're a suburban chain that started in my hometown so I'm biased, and I don't know if the Loop location is as good as the original. Personally I think deep-dish is for tourists, but you are a tourist, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Have fun, definitely visit a museum (The Field Museum or the Science and Industry are the best) and if you see Green River soda, especially "on tap", get that shit. Welcome to our home.
>>
>>7669567
Add a day in Cleveland. Nice sights, better food and the polish boy
>>
>>7669680

Had a friend from Chicago who swore by Andy's Deli on Milwaukee Ave.
Haven't been that way since he died, but it's on the list.
Been missing some decent Bohemian fare since I moved from the Midwest.
>>
File: 1430852551880.jpg (81 KB, 494x494) Image search: [Google]
1430852551880.jpg
81 KB, 494x494
Crisp

Au Cheval

Kuma's Corner

Portillo's

Giordano's

Phoenix (Chinatown)
>>
>>7669685
>and the polish boy
Is it the same one being passed around or do they occasionally replace him?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.