[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Once I eat all the pickles from a jar can I add cucumbers to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1.jpg (23 KB, 259x378) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
23 KB, 259x378
Once I eat all the pickles from a jar can I add cucumbers to the leftover brine to make more pickles?
>>
sure why not
>>
If you have the patience, sure
>>
>>7669345
One of the restaurants I worked at did this.

We would buy a large bucket of pickles and put them in a food processor to make relish. That stuff would go into tuna salad, on hot dogs, whatever. Then we'd slice cucumbers with a mandolin, and pour hot pickle juice over them. It would go into the walk-in to chill overnight. The next day you've got something that looks like a homemade pickle and customers fucking love it.
>>
>>7669380
This guy has it pretty well.

Turning cucumber into true pickles takes a while. There are two things that will make it go by faster: increased surface area and heat.

He increases surface area by putting the cucumbers through a mandolin, and he also mentioned pouring them over with hot pickle juice.

This process won't create true pickles, but it's close enough.
>>
>>7669345
My father does it because he wants to jew out pickles companies.

Rationally it tastes ok.
Personally it doesn't taste that good, it's a sanitary accident waiting to happen.

Just pickle them the right way, it's more efforts but it's worth it.
>>
>>7669345
I do this but don't let them hang around for long before eating
>>
>>7669345
I buy bread and butter pickles and put jalapenos in them.

interesting shit happens
>>
I have made pickles from scratch.
Empty the pickle juice into a pot and ring to a boil.
While doing so, wash the jar in very, vey hot apy water.
Put your cukes in the jar and pour the hot pickle juice over it
cover the jar looselyalliw to cool an hour and put it in the fridge
then your new pickles will last longer
do not try to seal the jar or anything it isnt necessary since you will eat the pickles in a matter of a month or so
>>
>>7669345
I rinse and clean the jar then fill it with water and food coloring and sell it to the local kids as "magic potion." I'm a businessman.
>>
File: wyandotte.png (85 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
wyandotte.png
85 KB, 260x194
>>7669393
>it's close enough
Close enough is enough.
>>
Yeah, the brine is still good. It's a process however and if you don't wait quite a while all you're going to get is a salty cucumber.

You can reuse the brine but you should really look into canning before you fuck around with it at all. It's not as simple as you might think it is.
>>
>>7669788
>salty cucumber.
My girlfriend calls me that. I don't get it.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.