[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/ck/ what the fuck. I made some bacon in the broiler about 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: 20160513_155628.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
20160513_155628.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
/ck/ what the fuck.

I made some bacon in the broiler about 2 hours ago. I turned the oven off immediately.

Then about 5 minutes ago I hear a big crashing noise outside my room.

I come outside to see this.

What the actual fuck.

Explain this shit.
>>
File: la bomba.jpg (3 KB, 194x224) Image search: [Google]
la bomba.jpg
3 KB, 194x224
>>
Why do they even put glass doors on ovens? Who actually looks through that shit? You can barely see anything anyway.
>>
>>7669212
Just a guess, but the grease splatter from the bacon overheated the window and shattered it.
>>
>>7669212
Sounds like you have a warranty repair in your future.
>>
>>7669229

It's an apartment ;)))))))
>>
>>7669244
>>7669229

except they're probably gonna say i slammed the door or something.
>>
>>7669212
don't broil bacon. It makes mustard gas.
>>
How long where you broiling the bacon?

You splash anything cold on the oven?

Landlord here, I don't even know how I'd react to this.
>>
>>7669330

There is inner glass and outer glass on the oven with some insulation between them. It was the outer glass that shattered. broiled for about 5 minutes. no drastic sudden changes in temp.
>>
>eating reddit-strips

You asked for it, OP.
>>
>>7669301
Is this how they killed the jews?
>>
OP made this thread to show as "evidence" when he goes on Judge Judy
>>
This happened to me too (I think I was baking a cake or something at the time). Luckily I'd just left the kitchen when it happened, if I'd hung about for another 10 seconds I would have taken most of the glass in my leg, and it was a shitty oven with a big glass panel.

Anyway, landlord just replaced it. So yeah, see about warranties/contact landlord. Whilst I don't think it's especially common, I think it happens enough that it'll be clear you didn't break it yourself. And hopefully you'll get a better oven next time.
>>
>>7669665
They were killed by Cylons from the B squad.
>>
File: WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT.jpg (20 KB, 292x302) Image search: [Google]
WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT.jpg
20 KB, 292x302
>>7669212
>I made some bacon in the broiler
>>
>>7669661

A sudden gust of much-colder air, either from an open window or a central air conditioning system, would certainly be enough to shatter hot glass.
I've personally witnessed it.
>>
>>7669740
Where and when?
>>
>>7669665
When did that happen?
>>
>>7669748

Working for a car dealership, mainly.
We had a Hotsy, which was a pressure washer hooked to a giant water heater.
In Winter, we had to be careful parking cars near windows/taking them outside afterward, or the cold air would shatter the glass.
Same with cold water on a windshield that had been sitting in the Summer Sun.
And my first job as a dishwasher: couldn't rinse glassware from a hot wash in cold water.
>>
>>7669772
Recipe for disaster.
>>
>>7669772
>this

my gf ordered a coke and not even a minute after it was brought to the table, the glass broke cleanly in half. it was just washed and the cold ice in the glass shattered it
>>
>>7669665
and now we know why bacon is not kosher
>>
File: youll never guess.jpg (181 KB, 625x506) Image search: [Google]
youll never guess.jpg
181 KB, 625x506
>>7669815
>>
>>7669330
Then you'd very well understand that OP isn't the only one who's had the use of that oven and you don't know what has been done with it since its been in there. Temp glass does break.
>>
A lot of companies cut corners, and there is a lot of fake pyrex and temp glass that is impure and won't stand up to temperatures the way it should.
>>
>>7669212
Assuming it wasn't produced/mounted improperly: Someone at some point stratched the glass. This weakens the glass, and thermal cycling shattered it.
Talk to your land lord.
>>
>>7669665
no, it was multiple mass masturbation machines, on a conveyer belt with soap and lampshade making facilities, you fucking antisemite
>>
>>7669212
you know your supposed to leave the door open 4 inches when using the broiler.
and anyways you could of just cooked the bacon with a normal oven setting like 375 for 15 minutes
>>
>>7669740
I believe it. I work with glass. The thermal shock could have been exacerbated by a good sized scratch in the glass and/or a leaky seal between the two pieces of glass. High heat from the broiler probably heated up the flawed glass from the bottom fairly quickly while the thermal mass of the oven door kept the top of it relatively cool. It essploded to relieve its sexual tension.
>>
>>7669212
You should have grilled your bacon with the door ajar.
>>
>>7669665
no jews were actually killed though, don't believe everything you're told
>>
>>7672070
>could of
Wa la!
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.