[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"I don't like seafood"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (668 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
668 KB, 1440x2560
>"I don't like seafood"
>>
>>7668833

Well, I don't like seafood.

Whats the issue?
>>
>>7668833
>I like fish, as long as it doesn't taste like fish

Fuck off
>>
>bring over a fried seafood platter to a friends
>it's really meant for two
>he says "i don't like seafood"
>JUST TRY IT.exe
>proceeds to shove as many shrimp and clams in his mouth as possible
>mmmmm so good
>still wont try the fish
>>
>>7668833
Well that just looks like a pile of fat.

Is everything on that plate fried?
>>
>>7668833
honestly looks good as fuck but could someone please tell me what is on that bread in the background?
>>
>>7668900
Grapefruit juice probably. It's a regional thing
>>
>>7668833
If you only eat fried seafood, then you probably don't like seafood either.
>>
>>7668833
What's with the used maxi pad bread?
>>
>>7669238
It's just bread with oil and tomato on it
>>
File: 1460917148491.jpg (13 KB, 379x384) Image search: [Google]
1460917148491.jpg
13 KB, 379x384
I hate people who don't like seafood

They're always insufferable plebs who've never been to a decent restaurant or tasted genuinely fresh seafood in their lives, and think that it all tastes like the slightly off, fishy-smelling crap they were served at school or in disgusting chain restaurants when they were kids. Literally no one bought up on fresh seafood hates the stuff

For some reason they're always autistically bent on never ever trying the real thing, despite people telling them that it's delicious

They also tend to have the other classic picky-eater traits, so I see not liking seafood as a massive red flag in a person and usually steer clear
>>
how do you get used to eating fish?

i like tuna and salmon but they're not really fishy tasting.
>>
>>7670960
How about not eating rotting fish?
>>
>>7670975
Surströmming, I believe it is.
>>
>pa amb tomaquet/pantumaca
>pescado frito
Is that Spain?
>>
>>7668833
>Eating literal water cockroach
>>
>>7670953
>bought up
That's the key thing though, isn't it?
Although I come from a coastal area my mother didn't like seafood so we hardly ever had it. There's certain things that are challenging to eat..
>>
I used to think a lot of seafood looked too disgusting when I was a kid. And to be fair, there are still a couple of things that make me whince somewhat.
>>
>>7669221
This
You could deep fry an old boot & it would be edible
Fish is delicate & deserves to be treated as such
And to generalize all seafood, as if it all tastes the same is fucking retarded. Stick to your chicken tendies & kraft Mac & cheese kid
>>
>>7668833
Das cos yall dont no how to fucking cook it.

What are some god-like seafood meals you've had? Back when I was a tourism photographer in Hainan, China I had a:
>5 fucking kinds of shellfish meal
>stewed, stir fried several ways, soup, etc
>topped that shit off with some fucking rosy pink looking sweet potato wine
>got fucking tipsy, then chilled out the back of the car whilst the marketing director drove me back to the hotel through a fucking monsoon

Mm, mmm, good times. You can also have these kind of meals in Guangdong, possibly the Kings of seafood cuisine in China.
>>
>>7670953
I live in a coastal area where good seafood is plentiful. I understand why people don't like it. It's not bad, but I would way rather just have a good steak instead of salmon.
>>
Don't hate sea food but give me a choice between a plate of whatever sea creature of a plate of cow I'll take the cow 9 outta 10
>>
>>7669219
>grapefruit juice on bread
>regional thing
Tell me the fucking region so that I never go there.
>>
>>7668900
lobster
>>
>>7670960
The problem is all supermarket fish is farmed. Some of it in water filled with shit. Then frozen and sent off. It probably sites frozen for 3-6 months before it even get to the supermarket.

You need to go to a fish market or buy off a someone that fishes daily and most people don't have time to do that.
>>
>>7668833
I like seafood as long as I do not have to dick around removing the shell before eating, even worse when sauce is involved as it becomes a right mess.
>>
>>7670953
Why? The less seafood they eat, the more we can eat!
>>
Well I do like seafood, and I'll fuck that plate up
>>
>I don't like land food
>>
File: youngs.jpg (64 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
youngs.jpg
64 KB, 640x640
the other day I got 3kg of salmon for $4.31/kg
>>
>>7668900
my guess is that's pan con tomate and this picture is from Spain
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.