[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Round of beers for the kitchen?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: FB_IMG_1454074411645.jpg (38 KB, 627x624) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1454074411645.jpg
38 KB, 627x624
Round of beers for the kitchen?
>>
>>7668463
They can fuck off with that mandatory bullshit.
>>
>>7668463
What a fucking awful shop

2/10 at least use the same color as the rest of the text
>>
>>7668466
>>7668468
It's optional, just like any other item on the menu.
>>
>>7668463
I wonder how many times you could order that. Imagine showing up before the friday/saturday rush and getting the kitchen absolutely shittered
>>
>>7668480
Exactly what I was thinking.
>>
>>7668473
>the picture is blurry and the round of beers text is not
>the round of beers text doesn't wave as the paper does
>the round of beers text is a different purple than the other items on the menu

This is fucking horrible and no one will fall for this
>>
>>7668480
>>7668466
>>7668481
Its not even legal for kitchen workers to drink

And the shop is fucking awful
>>7668482

Stop being retards, this is low quality bait
>>
The only restaurant that I have ever worked in that allowed drinking in the kitchen was a Mexican restaurant.
But they splashed the beer on the food on the flattop, so they didn't drink that much.

I assume the "round of beers for the kitchen" thing is just free money for the establishment. Or, if they actually do it, they save it for the end of the night.
Drunk people + fire + sharp knives don't mix.
>>
File: 1457210897332.jpg (181 KB, 853x1280) Image search: [Google]
1457210897332.jpg
181 KB, 853x1280
>>7668482
Why so serious.
Live a little.
>>
round of beers for the kitchen? i bet the FOH would just keep for themselves like they do with their tips
and why do places automatically charge 20% gratuity for having a table of 8 or more
it makes no sense since i thought they were in business to fill tables and sell food
>>
I think it's a good idea. Obviously they're not going to give them the beers but give them the $$. Problem is that the FOH would want their share as well
>>
>>7668489
I had a friend that used to work the kitchen in some hipster restaurant that made all these locally sourced small plate dishes. They had the "round of beers for the kitchen" item on the menu. What they used to do at the end of the night was add up all the rounds bought for the kitchen and split it between all the BoH people that worked that night.
>>
>>7668487
Used to drink in the kitchen every night
Typically at the end of the shift someone would bring a case out but if it was a rough night the maitre d who was an old French guy would bring us all a glass of wine or 2 during service
We wouldn't get hammered but a little buzz really helped the night go by easier
>>
>>7668839
>and why do places automatically charge 20% gratuity for having a table of 8 or more

Black people.
>>
>>7669106
>foh want their share as well.
Holy shit thats funny.
They take more than their share from customers and dont give shit to boh. Id rather give my money to the boh
>>
>>7668463
photoshop
>>
>>7668839
>and why do places automatically charge 20% gratuity for having a table of 8 or more
Because the amount of work for a large group is disproportionate to the amount they spend.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.