[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tips
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 12xp-tip_web2-master768.jpg (77 KB, 768x419) Image search: [Google]
12xp-tip_web2-master768.jpg
77 KB, 768x419
So 60% of customers prefer tipping. What now?

>Joe’s Crab Shack Tried Getting Rid of Tips. It Didn’t Last Long.

>In one closely watched case, Joe’s Crab Shack has decided to revert to accepting tips at most of its trial locations, six months after announcing that it would become the nation’s first major restaurant chain to test a no-tipping policy at 18 locations.

>Company research had found that 60 percent of the restaurants’ customers disliked the change in tipping, Mr. Merritt said. They wanted to inspire good service with their tips and they didn’t trust management to pass on the money to its employees, he said.
>>
>>7668051
It just proves that at least 60% of customers are fucking morons, which is not surprising.
>>
>>7668063
>Pay the same amount of money you're supposed to be paying and having it go to manager Shekelstein's pockets instead of promiting better service from the wagecucks
Tipping is the only thing keeping the majority of waiters from giving you absolute bare minimum service.
>>
>>7668051

>i tip at joes crab shack

if i am blackout drunk at the beach eating crab pieces off my pants i prefer the "tipping" method too

0% because im never coming back anyways/don't live here/suck a dick
>>
>>7668063

>it just proves that poorfags are faggot shitposters on a columbian rockinghorse brochure
>>
>>7668086
You're not funny and that "joke" hasn't been clever since like 2009
>>
>>7668086
>colUmbian

KILL YOURSELF
>>
>>7668075
>bribing people for good service
Should you bribe your mechanic for good service? How about a judge? You should tip the judge to make sure he gives you a good verdict else he might give you the absolute bare minimum.
>>
Tipping is shit.

It started out as a way for people with the extra cash to get preferred service. Bring me my food fast and there's a quarter in it for you, boy. Then somewhere along the line it became expected. You're "supposed" to tip now for good service; you're "supposed" to tip so your chicken sandwich doesn't wind up between somebody's asscheeks. Restaurants get away with paying their workers below minimum wage because the customer is expected to recuperate the difference.

Fuck that shit.

Oh, and every waiter/waitress I know bitches about how "they make their living off tips," but don't mention when they have a busy night and pull $100 untaxed income on top of whatever they're getting paid.
>>
>>7668172

try $300-500 untaxed income on top of what they are getting paid a night
>>
>>7668098

shut up dicksucker

unless that's how you make your money so you can tip.
>>
>>7668217

I'll show you the tip of my dick
>>
>>7668051
It failed because they didn't let customers know that the salaries had been bumped up to make up for the loss in tips.
>>
white people like to tip
>>
>>7668332

what you trying to say nigga?
>>
>>7668332
Like too tip other white ppl! I can't get nuffin from them they always sayin huh and say dat again like dun understand me
>>
>>7668150
your brain doesn't work correctly :(
>>
>>7668150
Yes, if you can get away with it bribe the fuck out of a judge for a good verdict
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.