[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ketchup
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: Ketchup.jpg (243 KB, 940x540) Image search: [Google]
Ketchup.jpg
243 KB, 940x540
Seriously, why does it exist? Where am i supposed to apply it?
>>
French fries and other various forms of fried potato
>>
>>7667774
LMAO GREAT MEME DUDE FOR THE LOLZZXD
>>
>>7667774
Directly to your forehead.
>>
>>7667774

i never understood the appeal

its pretty shit and i never use it
>>
>>7667774
Bbq sauce
>>
fuck ketchup its literally just red dyed water
>>
>>7667774
it's for children since their taste buds aren't developed yet
>>
>>7667774
It's a topical ointment intended for use on mid to severe sunburn. It's also effective for treating minor chemical burns and dry skin. Do not apply on open wounds and avoid contact with eyes.
>>
>>7667774
it's a very cheap alternative to tomato sauces and salsas for the economically challenged.
>>
So many people have only had shit like Heinz that's 99% corn syrup. Try some actual ketchup and you'll discover that it's a goat condiment.
>>
>>7667774
It's the essential ingredient in Chicago style pizza.
>>
>>7667791
I understood this.

Kek
>>
File: frietspeciaal.jpg (109 KB, 640x853) Image search: [Google]
frietspeciaal.jpg
109 KB, 640x853
>>7667787
>Not belonging to the patat speciaal/oorlog masterrace

Seriously, currysauce, mayonnaise and onions (speciaal) is where it's at. Or peanut sauce, mayo and onions (oorlog). Fact: the Dutch have a superior frituur culture.
>>
>>7667774
It's pretty great to dip croque monsieurs in. Dip, not smother.

>>7667862
This. When made from fresh tomatoes, it's infinitely better. Still, it's basically tomatoes, vinegar and sugar. A lot of factory ketchups are made with real sugar though, and lots of it. I had a summer job in a sauce and condiments factory once, and a 1000kg kettle of ketchup required 500kg of sugar. We had to haul, cut and empty 20 25kg bags for every batch. The rest was tomato puree, a shitton of vinegar and some chemicals for binding, conserving and taste amelioration. I haven't eaten much ketchup after that job.
>>
eggs
potatoes
meatloaf

pretty much it really
>>
File: v009.jpg (306 KB, 869x1256) Image search: [Google]
v009.jpg
306 KB, 869x1256
>>7667774
Gourmet cooking.
>>
Ketchup goes on french fries, that's it, really.
>>
I've stopped drowning everything in ketchup like I did when I was 13, but there is one exception: Chicken Tenders/Fingers/whatever.

That shit goes in the ketchup lake. Great combo.

Fries too.
>>
>>7667774
Cheap sausage.
>>
>>7668947
Anything deep fried goes great with ketchup, that's pretty much all I use it for
>>
>>7668947
I eat my tendies with hot sauce and bread.
>>
>>7667774

>ketchup
>eating a flyover meme
>>
>>7667774
I like it on fries, hash browns, burgers made with lean beef, and the very rare corndog. I might only eat one corndog a year, but dammit I'm going to eat it with ketchup.
>>
>>7667886

Not really that obscure a reference, Anon.
>>
today I have eaten a sandwich

bread
ketchup
mayo
some dill
bread

I wanted to add some black pepper, but have not found it, sandwich was pretty tasty, but many things are tasty when you are hungry
>>
TOMATO KETCHUP
Take six pounds of tomatos sprinkle them with salt let them remain for a day or two then boil them until the skins will separate easily pour them into a colander or coarse sieve and press them through leaving the skins behind put into the liquor a handful of shalots a pint of chili vinegar and half a pint of wine pepper cloves ginger and allspice boil them together until a third part has wasted then bottle it closing the bottles very securely It must be shaken before it is used
>>
Ketchup makes scrambled eggs look like bloody brains, and taste good.
>>
my parents banned ketchup from the house so I never acquired the taste. I thank them for it.
>>
mix it with water, boil it on low heat and add 1 teaspoon paprika and onion powder and two teaspoons curry powder and you have chillup sauce for currywurst
>>
File: senior_citizen_mind_control.jpg (43 KB, 500x356) Image search: [Google]
senior_citizen_mind_control.jpg
43 KB, 500x356
>>7667886
>>7671222
only because they repeat it 500 fucking times in 1 commercial, and the commercial would play 100 times a day.
>>
You use it on steak. Well done steak, like all patricians eat.
>>
>>7671222
It is outside the US
>>
>>7672258
not really, I got it too.
>>
>>7667791

Beat me to it!
>>
>>7667774
I use it to dip my grilled cheese sandwich in.
>>
>>7668925
Based Souma
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.