[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The other day my friend told me that it's bad to eat bananas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: ripebananas.jpg (64 KB, 632x411) Image search: [Google]
ripebananas.jpg
64 KB, 632x411
The other day my friend told me that it's bad to eat bananas that are very ripe, because at that point they're mostly sugar, so much so that diabetics can't eat them when they're browning. I tend to avoid bananas that are solid yellow, or have any green, because they taste like grass to me. Pic related is the stage I prefer them at, when they have "leopard spots". Is this bad? What stage do you prefer them at?
>>
>>7667566
When they are at their most firm

I hate mushy bananas.
>>
File: banana1.jpg (334 KB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
banana1.jpg
334 KB, 2000x1500
I just buy them a dozen at a time and eat them throughout the week. I just pick the solid yellow ones so I don't have to wait, and they go spotted and soft by the end. I don't really have a preference, but I like the variety.
>>
File: banana ripeness.png (52 KB, 591x276) Image search: [Google]
banana ripeness.png
52 KB, 591x276
I eat them green, basically as green as I can get them. If they're really really fresh, I'll wait 12-24 hours since they taste like wood fresh off the tree.

Green bananas are most definitely much healthier, not only because of the absence of sugar but also because a lot of the starch is RS2 resistant starch, which is highly prebiotic and promotes the production of SFCAs in the colon more so than almost any other fiber you can find.
>>
>>7667566
Yeah those people who tell me that and are diabetics avoid any and all fruit "because it has a lot of sugar" but have no problems eating a pack of sugar free cookies or diet soda "because it's sugar free".

Fruit, even if extremely sweet has something no other product offers you other than vegetables, fruit has fiber.
>>
>>7667566
I prefer them with just a hint of that green twang taste.
>>
>>7667566
actually the more brown it is, the more health benefits. look it up
>>
>>7668677
>fibre
>something no other product offers you other than vegetables

And pretty much every cereal/grain. And beans. And nuts.
>>
>>7668677
>What are legumes
>>
>>7668718
>>7668716
>What are legumes, beans, and nuts
Fruits

Grains are also vegetables
>>
>>7668677
>le diet soda is bad maymay
>>
>>7668740
Everything is a vegetable if you're going to be like that.
>>
>>7668756
Not meat, dairy, or eggs
>>
>>7668758
Okay.
>>
I'm glad I'm not one of those miserable people who's worried about a banana being too sweet
>>
>>7668779
>ripe bananas are bad for you!
>hi I'll have a grande frappuccino
>>
>>7668773
Okay then.
>>
>>7668779
The main problem is that ripe bananas taste like ass
>>
>>7667566
As a competitive cyclist, over ripe bananas are actually preferred, throw them in a blender with some milk . . .yummy.

'leopard spots'are fine
>>
>>7668758
coffee, tea, and alcohol are not meat, dairy, or eggs
does that mean they're fibre?
>>
>>7668797
what the fuck? shut the fuck up
>>
>>7668797
have you tried peeling the banana before eating it?
tastes much better that way
>>
>>7668641
How do you have green bananas? Cooked or eaten like a normal banana?
>>
>>7668836
No.

Nobody implied so

Those are heavily processed liquids
>>
>>7668836
What does that have to do with meat and eggs
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.